Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

1 Not allowed!

Default Brazilians Arrive in Waves at the US-Mexico Border

Growing up along the U.S.-Mexico border, hotel clerk Joe Luis Rubio never thought he’d be trying to communicate in Portuguese on a daily basis.

But with hundreds of Brazilians crossing from Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, each week, the Motel 6 by the airport has become a stepping stone for thousands of the Portuguese speakers on a 6,000-mile (9,500 km) journey from Brazil to El Paso to America’s East Coast.

“Thank God for Google Translate or we’d be lost,” says Rubio.

The quiet migration of around 17,000 Brazilians through a single U.S. city in the past year reveals a new frontier in the Trump administration’s effort to shut down the legal immigration pathway for people claiming fear of persecution.

Like hundreds of thousands of families from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala, known collectively as the Northern Triangle, Brazilians have been crossing the border here and applying for asylum.

Nationwide, some 18,000 Brazilians were apprehended in the fiscal year ending in October, a 600% increase from the previous high in 2016. Brazilians crossing in the El Paso Sector, which covers Southern New Mexico and West Texas, accounted for 95% of the apprehensions nationwide, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

On Monday, acting CBP chief Mark Morgan vowed to try to shut down asylum for migrants from outside Spanish-speaking Central America and South America.

“We’re seeing, again, individuals from extraterritorial countries, extra-continental, come in from Brazil, Haiti, Africans,” said Morgan.

He pledged to implement rules to bar migrants from those countries “with the same level of commitment that we came up with initiatives to address the issue with the Northern Triangle families.”

Those initiatives included making families wait in often dangerous Mexican border towns for months to apply for asylum, returning them to Mexico to await court hearings and a recent rule that effectively rejects nearly all asylum claims, regardless of merit . The result has been a mishmash of pseudo deportations to countries where migrants have never lived and where they face barriers to work or access to basic social services.

Brazilian families are not held indefinitely in detention but instead released to Annunciation House, a network of shelters, where they can stay for a few days while they arrange flights to other cities in the U.S.

They’re often taken to the airport in a minivan driven by Phil Porter.

“It takes a lot for somebody to pack up and leave their country, especially when they’re family oriented,” says Porter, 72, who estimates he’s ferried around 200 Brazilians. “These are economic refugees.”

Brazil plunged into its worst-ever recession in 2015 and 2016 and is headed toward its third consecutive year of roughly 1% growth. The economy’s persistent failure to gain steam means joblessness has remained stubbornly in the double-digits, with the most recent reading at 11.6%. Adding underemployment, the figure more than doubles to almost one quarter of the work force, or 27 million people.

Massachusetts officials and community leaders say they’ve felt the surge in Brazilian migrants this past year, with more families seeking immigration services and enrolling their children in public school. The state has the second largest population of Brazilians in the U.S. after Florida, according to 2015 U.S. Census data.

Recent immigrant Helison Alvarenga says he started working the day after arriving in Massachusetts. Already, he says, he’s earning three times more than what he earned as a mechanic in Brazil.

“Things are in pretty bad shape in Brazil right now. The only way to have a better life in Brazil is to go to college, but college is very expensive,” said Alvarenga, speaking in Portuguese through a translator.

The New England winter has also been tougher than he expected, he admits.

“It makes me homesick. I miss the warmth and the sun,” he said. “If I won enough on a scratch ticket, I’d go back tomorrow.”

Many coming from Brazil are petitioning for asylum, citing the country’s high unemployment and persistent corruption and violence, says Luciano Park, an immigration lawyer in Waltham who came from Brazil to attend law school in Boston.

But Brazilian asylum seekers face an uphill climb. Simply seeking to escape Brazil’s chronic, gang-related violence often isn’t enough to claim asylum, Park said.

Women citing domestic violence reasons are also less likely to win their cases under tougher asylum rules imposed by the Trump administration.

“Before these were good cases,” Park said. “But it’s just become tougher to argue.”

Tourist and student visas have been more difficult for Brazilians to get as more clamored for them in the recent economic downturn, says Francis Brink, an immigration lawyer in Orlando, Florida.

He has taken a few clients who were persecuted by the government because they were police officers or military officials resisting corruption. But he turns most asylum seekers away, not wanting to give them false hope.

Many single adult Brazilian migrants are being held in immigration detention while their asylum claims are processed. Others have tried to dodge detention by pretending to be a parent or a minor, often using IDs fraudulently obtained in Brazil. Homeland Security Investigations agents have been filing allegations of so-called “family fraud” by Brazilians at least a few times per month.

On a recent Tuesday, the Motel 6 is half empty, with only two Brazilian families staying there.

In room 127, a 42-year-old mother from Maranhăo is in bed watching TV. She’s waiting with her 16-year old son for a flight to Philadelphia, where they have family.

She said they spent four days in a Border Patrol tent detention camp before being released.

“It was miserable,” she said.

While stays at the Motel 6 are down, more migrants are staying for longer at Annunciation House, according to the shelter’s director, Ruben Garcia.

“One of the things that may have changed is we have Brazilians that don’t have some of the financial resources that some of the Brazilians did a while back,” Garcia said.

Source:
    https://www.latinorebels.com/2019/12...HxWyZgzFZ7HGPM

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Mexico needs to start deporting every single illegal in the country, first it was the Hondurans, then comes Salvadorans, then comes Guatemalans, then comes Africans, then comes Cubans, then comes Venezuelans, now we are seeing Brazilians making their way, next we will start seeing more people like Argentines since their economy has gotten worse, then we will have Colombians, Ecuadorans etc

If AMLO does not deport all these illegals, they will continue to make their way to our beloved nation and use our nation to enter the USA illegally, and once they are caught, they will falsely say they are Mexican so they can get deportation to Mexico, thus another chance to try to immigrate to the USA illegally, and how do they prove they are not Mexican? They cant because they have no documentation.

Mexico is bad, but not this bad, yet we have a cartel war in the nation, yet very little people are escaping to the USA, Mexicans are hardly immigrating to the USA now
    I see an increase of Brazilians soon since their country has been ruined by Jair, yet they dare say that ugly president is better than Mexico's?????? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

never compare greatness to ghettoness
    AMLO would neva

I love my king so much, forever king of Mexico and the world!!!!
    Make me happy, my king, deport all these parasites for our beloved Mexico!! time for a payback, let them bow down and kiss your glorious feet

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Looks like Mexico has some competition.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Looks like Mexico has some competition.
    they need to start immigrating to the USA in boats
    I am really tired of them Latinos using Mexico to escape their problems
    now we will see a number of Brazilian children in cages, you can tell these people do not care about their children
    because I know in Brazil they show what is happening at the borders and they still dont care and they still bring their children with them smh

that is why i am happy Trump is in office right now, a Democrat president would have allowed everyone in lol
    all my tax money wouldve gone to people like Central Americans, no way in hell!!! fuck them

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    they need to start immigrating to the USA in boats
    I am really tired of them Latinos using Mexico to escape their problems
    now we will see a number of Brazilian children in cages, you can tell these people do not care about their children
    because I know in Brazil they show what is happening at the borders and they still dont care and they still bring their children with them smh

that is why i am happy Trump is in office right now, a Democrat president would have allowed everyone in lol
    all my tax money wouldve gone to people like Central Americans, no way in hell!!! fuck them
    I'm glad that pro-Trump Latinos exist.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,889
    Given: 18,287

2 Not allowed!

Sounds like Bolsonaro has been a huge success

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Mexicans are so insecure kkkk

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b3 (J-Z467)
    mtDNA
    H14b
    Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,431
    Given: 31,588

0 Not allowed!

send them to Eastern Europe, we greet them with bread and salt

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

1 Not allowed!

It´s a great opportunity for you Carlitos!

When you will be expelled from the United States, you could met to these brazilian boys to jump the wall and coming back again.

You will pass unnoticed between them because they are black like you.

In the meantime you can learn portuguse with them, so when you came back, you can say that you are brazilian instead of mexican, because brazilians are much better considered in the USA and are not rejected/deported in the same amounts as mexicans.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffmannn View Post
    It´s a great opportunity for you Carlitos!

When you will be expelled from the United States, you could met to these brazilian boys to jump the wall and coming back again.

You will pass unnoticed between them because they are black like you.

In the meantime you can learn portuguse with them, so when you came back, you can say that you are brazilian instead of mexican, because brazilians are much better considered in the USA and are not rejected/deported in the same amounts as mexicans.
    Brazilians are deported from the USA at higher rate lol same with black caribbeans and Africans and also Central Americans

Please stick to your third world dump Argentina
    Did Spain deport you to Argentina already? Lmaooooooooooooo
    Your people will be crawling to Mexico soon. Did you get butt hurt because I said that sudaca?

Stop being mad that your third worlders are getting deported and put in cages like rats, your people are next and I'll be enjoying it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information