Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Why are Serbs more Interesting than Boring Croats?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Correction: Rimac is from Livno. That's Tropolje, SW Bosnia. Insuperable can correct me if wrong. They should be very similar like Herzegovians though.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    I don't care about communism. I am just saying that people here only learned how to function under the authoritarian or totalitarian rule be it communism or whatever. If people have great ideas politicians are too stupid to do anything about it because they suffer from lack of capitalistic thought on a greater scale, corrupt etc. Maybe just like in everything else people need to go through some transition. Prijelazna pojava.

And of course in developed countries industry is in great percentage located in small places, near villages etc. Which is why their villages are very developed and nice, people don't move out from there. The stupid mindset of people here is that everything needs to be located near main cities and now small places are disappearing. Westerners think 100 years in advance and stupid Balkaners now also have to deal with additional problems.
    I only used word "communism" because that's where it started for us. Of course, I can agree with you, I can add a few other points, but first it has to start from top. England (and related countries) is England today because some events took part (spontaneously or not) like Magna Carta treaty (and more) that filtered out unworthy from the elite and high societies, and that was my point in the previous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    It's way better than Serbia. Don't delude yourself. You play in league below.
    Completely missed context and my point. Don't try to be smart over things you don't know a lot about, that way you will seem like you're smarter. There a free lesson.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Correction: Rimac is from Livno. That's Tropolje, SW Bosnia. Insuperable can correct me if wrong. They should be very similar like Herzegovians though.
    I heard from some Croatian that he could clearly see the difference between Livnjaci/Duvnjaci and Škutori. I don't know details.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,634

1 Not allowed!

We are aware Mate Rimac is from western Herzegovina.

Ma dobro jebat njega on radi u Hrvatskoj. Ali što se tiče baš Zapadno Hercegovačkog Kantona, tu ima baš dosta industrije. Violeta te Grafotisak (najveća tiskarska kompanija u regiji) su iz Gruda. Ima ih tu još iz Gruda, ali cijeli grad Grude radi u industriji i svi imaju posla. Nitko se skoro ne iseljava. U Širokom po broju stanovnika ima više kompanija nego u Sarajevu. Feal d.o.o je od odatle, najveći proizvođač aluminijskih proizvoda u BiH, pogledaj video na youtube, TT kabeli, iForm (pogledaj na njihovoj stranici za koje tvrtke proizvode dijelove za auta i možda video na youtube-u), te još dosta elektro firmi što proizvode svoje elektrouređaje, ostali prozvođači aluminijskih proizvoda Presal itd. Lager is Posušja nedaleko od mene ima tvornicu gdje proizvode strojeve i dijelove za strojeve te se bave elektroenergetikom.
    https://www.tportal.hr/biznis/clanak...-foto-20190121
    https://poskok.info/investicija-od-2...sanskom-mostu/
    Za mali kanton daleko iznad prosjeka. Skoro sve proizvode izvoze u EU, najviše u Njemačku. Uopće mi Čitluk i Međugorje nisu pali na pamet koji jesu najbogatije općine u državi zbog Međugorja
    Možda nisi znala ali vlasnik Saponije, Brodomerkura, Koestlin-a, Kandit, Maraska, Gavrilovića i drugih je širokobriješka tvrtka Mepas tj. te firme su dio Mepas grupacije.
    Itd.
    Ljudi ovamo većinom žive od zanata, a ne kako netko misli od poljoprivrede i religijskog turizma. Usput, i drugi turizam postaje popularan, ljudi pomalo grade kuće s bazenima jer Hercegovina ima svoje čari. Ubrzo će se dosta ljudi vratiti iz inozemstva i praviti kuće. Kakvo iseljavanje. Možda budem u krivu, ali za sada ne izgleda tako.
    Last edited by Insuperable; 12-20-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,634

1 Not allowed!

He is technically from Bosnia. People from Duvno say they are from Herzegovina and people from Livno say they are in Bosnia. Duvno is basically border. Often Livnjani say they are dot on letter 'i' in BiH meaning they are not in Bosnia or Herzegovina. But those are just our internal discrepancies. For outsiders, including Croats from Croatia we are either Bosnians or Herzegovinians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    He is technically from Bosnia. People from Duvno say they are from Herzegovina and people from Livno say they are in Bosnia. Duvno is basically border. Often Livnjani say they are dot on letter i in BiH meaning they are not in Bosnia or Herzegovina. But those are just our internal discrepancies. For outsiders we are either Bosnians or Herzegovinians.

I noticed that Herzegovina growing and Bosnia shrinking. I mean, many people from Duvno, Livno, Prozor, Kalinovik, and Foča claim they are Herzegovinians and not Bosnians.
    Some people even Kupres proclaim as Herzegovina. That is nonsense, Kupres is central Bosnia, not Herzegovina neither Bosanska Krajina.

Be Herzegovinians is prestigious, and be Bosnian is degrading. This phenomena exist among all three ethnicities Serbs, Croatians and Muslims/Bosniaks. Especially among Serbs and Croatians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Agricultural Land in Slavonia is of premmium quality in Europe, just like in Vojvodina and Ukraine.
    Yes.

In Slavonia underutilized. In Vojvodina better, but can much better.

Vojvodina was the main granary of Habsburg monarchy and Austro-Hungary. Price of cereals on European level was dictated from Vojvodina.
    Vojvodina was main granary of Yugoslavia as well, but on European level was not so important as in Habsburg time.

Junior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-03-2023 @ 10:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 27

0 Not allowed!

I forgot to say, your western Herzegovina on barren wasteland is richest part of BiH.
    Republika Šumska lying on fertile plains and natural resources is poorer. They also have political autonomy unlike you and it doesn't help them.

Are Bosnian Serbs lazy or just not that capable? Imagine if Croats controlled these parts, it would be level above now.
    Do you unironically believe that sparsely populated, chiefly rural land, inhabited by descendants of serfs, should be richer than the more densely populated, more urbanized FBiH reserved for the privileged Muslims and their descendants today?

If you check the demographics of the 26 most populated towns and cities in 1991, Bosniaks were the majority or plurality in ~23. Meanwhile Serbs or Croats held the majority or plurality in the remaining ~3.

fErTiLe LaNd stfu

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brđanin View Post
    Do you unironically believe that sparsely populated, chiefly rural land, inhabited by descendants of serfs, should be richer than the more densely populated, more urbanized FBiH reserved for the privileged Muslims and their descendants today?
    If you check the demographics of the 26 most populated towns and cities in 1991, Bosniaks were the majority or plurality in ~23. Meanwhile Serbs or Croats held the majority or plurality in the remaining ~3.
    fErTiLe LaNd stfu
    Muslims have it worst. Herzegovina Croats are far richer than them, because Yugoslav regime forced many of them to emigrate to German-speaking countries and rest of western world where they learned to work and function in capitalistic society. These people are on average more sucessfull than Croatia's Croats as well.

Bosniaks live in densely populated, mountanious area with lack or farmland and living space and no neighbouring country to rely one like Croats and Serbs do.
    They are tightly congested in their part of FBiH and it's no wonder they are trying (without success) to spread into Croat-held parts of the Federation.

If their total population percentage continues to grow as it does now, new war in BiH is realistic since they simply need more territory than they currently own.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread Information