Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How do the word "Albanian" translate in our native language?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 1,209

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDark View Post
    Well inter-ethnic marriages do happen but they are rare. He is right that this phenomena is far less common in Kosova. However I have met Kosovar Albanians myself who are not married to Albanians. I have heard people from Tropoje insult all other Albanians like they are the only ones that matter. Calling us vermin, filth etc. But My bro in law is also from Tropoje and they are very much about Albanian unity. The truth is theres differing views region to region. Sadly the clowns are like loud donkeys drowning out the majority.

Then they all wonder why our neighbors constantly fuck us over. We are our own worst enemies. Point blank. Even Skanderbeg was abandoned by the highland tribes. If they never turned their back and maintained support, the Ottomans would have never conquered us. Tribalism has done more bad for our people than good.
    Yeah my friend is also from that region and he loves Kosovans like they are his own, which they are.

I cannot stress how similar our situation are my god haha. Afghan people are the exact same. We are more divided than united and that's what the enemy has always had an advantage over us. The tribes abandoned our King hundred years ago and listened to the british by putting him in exile and look what our country has come to. Tribalism has its perks but in both our countries it has created alot of ignorance ams stubbornness.

Last Online
    08-11-2020 @ 05:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    asd
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 660
    Given: 656

0 Not allowed!

Arnavut

Last Online
    11-04-2023 @ 10:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrised Gallo-Roman
    Ethnicity
    Proto-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Indo-Europeans and Neolithic Wogs
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Taxonomy
    Ancient Roman + South Slavic or Hunnic Magyar
    Politics
    Anarchy
    Religion
    Prefer not to say.
    Relationship Status
    Prefer not to say
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 286

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaTekin View Post
    Arnavut
    *Arrnaut
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaylı View Post
    you look more scythian sarmatian than mixed blondes(they mixed with I)

you are true r1b
    Quote Originally Posted by Noff View Post
    I saw him. Looks like ancient Roman + South Slavic or Magyar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Basal R and Q are too old to be directly associated with any linguistic group.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrised Gallo-Roman
    Ethnicity
    Proto-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Anarchy
    Religion
    Prefer not to say.
    Relationship Status
    Prefer not to say
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaTekin View Post
    Arnavut
    *Arrnaut

you are true r1b

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-15-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,971
    Given: 7,963

0 Not allowed!

𐰺𐰣𐰉𐰆𐱃

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrised Gallo-Roman
    Ethnicity
    Proto-Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Anarchy
    Religion
    Prefer not to say.
    Relationship Status
    Prefer not to say
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gültekin View Post
    ����������
    I don't understand Turkic scripts

you are true r1b

Last Online
    01-09-2020 @ 03:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kosovar
    Ancestry
    Drenica
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 38

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDark View Post
    Well inter-ethnic marriages do happen but they are rare. He is right that this phenomena is far less common in Kosova. However I have met Kosovar Albanians myself who are not married to Albanians. I have heard people from Tropoje insult all other Albanians like they are the only ones that matter. Calling us vermin, filth etc. But My bro in law is also from Tropoje and they are very much about Albanian unity. The truth is theres differing views region to region. Sadly the clowns are like loud donkeys drowning out the majority.

Then they all wonder why our neighbors constantly fuck us over. We are our own worst enemies. Point blank. Even Skanderbeg was abandoned by the highland tribes. If they never turned their back and maintained support, the Ottomans would have never conquered us. Tribalism has done more bad for our people than good.
    I didn't say that Kosovars don't marry or date foreigners, they do which I don't have a problem with, but in general we don't marry or date Serbs which is more common in Albania.

I agree with everything you're saying. Even some Kosovar Albanians insult each other from city to city, region to region, town to town.

I agree that Tropojans are the most similar to Kosovars in speech, culture, looks and everything. That's because the the mountains of Tropoja always had a connection to plains of Kosovo and the mountaineers used the plains as some type of center. Many Kosovars originate from Tropoja too at one point.

But to make fun of people getting killed during a war is a stretch. It honestly makes me wanna distance myself from Albania.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-15-2020 @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 688

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by πολεμιστής View Post
    I didn't say that Kosovars don't marry or date foreigners, they do which I don't have a problem with, but in general we don't marry or date Serbs which is more common in Albania.

I agree with everything you're saying. Even some Kosovar Albanians insult each other from city to city, region to region, town to town.

I agree that Tropojans are the most similar to Kosovars in speech, culture, looks and everything. That's because the the mountains of Tropoja always had a connection to plains of Kosovo and the mountaineers used the plains as some type of center. Many Kosovars originate from Tropoja too at one point.

But to make fun of people getting killed during a war is a stretch. It honestly makes me wanna distance myself from Albania.
    And everything you said about us Albanians from Albania makes some want to distance themselves from you and Kosova. Do you see any sense in generalizing your people across the border for internet trolls? I have met more Albanians from Malesia Madhe married to Slavs than Albanians from my area or elsewhere. What do you think Montenegrin women are? They're just Serbs. Malesia madhe clans have been marrying them for generations.

I understand 100 percent what you're saying. Any Albanian that makes mockery of his own people being butchered by Serbs is no Albanian. You're not helping by using the reverse logic against your own people and calling us ugly, vermin, thieves, different people, and claiming you want nothing to do with us. Do you realize how many Albanians died fighting in Kosova? Do you realize how many funded the resistance? How many opened their doors and gave what barely little they had to give? Do you realize that it was because of Albania that we even still exist as a people and weren't divided by the world powers in the early 1900s and onward?

Don't generalize your people for a bunch of internet trolls, most of whom are diaspora who barely speak a word of it and have never set foot inside the country. You said yourself Bulgarian minority was making these insults. However, come to think of it. I think I know exactly who you're talking about(correct me if I am wrong, rarely on those forums). Its that R1a Z280 kid from Trebisht?. If you look at things contextually, the same retards talking about Albanian Y haplogroup trinity were calling him Serb and Bulgarian and denying his Albanian identity just because of his haplogroup. Put yourself in his shoes with someone calling you a Serb when you're not, over something as mundane as one percent of your DNA. You would be furious too.

I have had people from Tropoja call all of Diber "Turkish and Dagistani left overs", "Scum and vermin". Forget about the fact that it's clearly bullshit and Diber has done more for Albanian independence than some highlanders, but should I judge all people from Tropoja and hate my brother in law and cause tension over one asshole on the internet?

I still don't know where you're getting this "Albanians in Albania marrying Serbs is common" thing from. I have only met 2 Albanians married to Serbs. One was from Kosova, and one was from Montenegro. Whilst I am sure it happens everywhere, you're clearly overshooting it because of your sour experience with some assholes from Albania. They exist on all sides of the border.

In the end of the day, Skanderbeg was from Albania, and Zog who ensured we wouldn't be chewed alive and our borders with it, was also from Albania. While he was still a prick, he prevented us from basically becoming like gypsies without a country. Patriots and Snakes come from all over Albanian lands. It's important not to lose site of our unity over trace encounters with the lesser of our kind.
    Last edited by MagnusDark; 01-09-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-02-2020 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    dalmatian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Taxonomy
    extreme Dinarid
    Politics
    east mediterraneanism
    Hero
    Jesus,Moses and the prophets
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 229

1 Not allowed!

@Diaspora Albos
    It's a great thing serbs shelled your house and you became refugees, now you live in a 1st world country under way better conditions than what you would've had in Kosovo.If I were you I'd thank every serb I see on the street for giving you this oportunity.

@OP great joke man keep up I actually laughed hard, some people have no humor.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-15-2020 @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 688

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudBrit View Post
    @Diaspora Albos
    It's a great thing serbs shelled your house and you became refugees, now you live in a 1st world country under way better conditions than what you would've had in Kosovo.If I were you I'd thank every serb I see on the street for giving you this oportunity.

@OP great joke man keep up I actually laughed hard, some people have no humor.
    Fuck off shka.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information