View Poll Results: Who are closer culturally?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armenians

24 82.76%
  • North Caucasians

5 17.24%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Are Georgians culturally closer to Armenians or to North Caucasians?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frowning Man View Post
    Armenians are as far from Georgians in terms of traditions, culture and mentality as the North Caucasians. It’s just that here on the forum they like to talk about some great similarity between Armenians and Georgians (I don’t know where this came from), but this is not true at all. Even one Russian traveler of the 19th century, who was in Georgia, wrote about the complete dissimilarity and differences between Georgians and Armenians. This difference between Georgians and Armenians is even more visible in the west of Georgia (where Georgians make up 100% of the population), in the mountains in the northeast and in the villages of Kakheti, where only Georgians live and the old customs and traditions are still alive. I myself have never noticed any particular similarity. It’s the same with the Azerbaijanis.
    Both being Christian and having own countries will make them automatically closer than with muslim North Caucasians.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by user_ View Post
    I would say that even Balkans dance and music have more similarities with Armenia, than Georgians have.
    This is Macedonian music, this kind of sounds in Georgia would be recognized as something Armenian, Azeri or Kurdish.

And this is Georgian sounds, if anything in this world can be called Caucasian, this is Georgia

You posted atypical muslim song from Macedonia. Ethnic Macedonians aren't muslim.

This is typical Macedonian song:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwRxN...NrbyBkZHZvamNl

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Megrelia(Colchis -Western Georgia)
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 163

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Both being Christian and having own countries will make them automatically closer than with muslim North Caucasians.
    I don’t think that Georgians are closer to the North Caucasus than to Armenia. The original Georgians are equally far from both Armenia and the North Caucasus. I don’t see any resemblance to either one or the other at all. And I don’t think that Christianity makes Armenians and Georgians close to each other. If yes, then what exactly are our similarities and similarities?

1) Mentality? It is worth visiting the regions of Georgia (West of Georgia, the mountains of the northeast or even the villages of Kakheti), where Georgians have always lived mono-ethnically, people there are very different from the Armenians. I remember one traveler, when describing the ethnopsychology of the region, wrote that Western Georgians, living monoethnically and far from the Armenians, are very different from the southern ones from Tbilisi, living side by side with them.

Comparison of Western Georgians (real Georgians) with South-Eastern ones living together with Armenians.
    “The Imeretians, Mingrelians and Gurians of the Kutaisi province, who are close to Georgians by blood, have a lot in common with them in their historical past and temperament. In expressing their pleasure, delight and cheerful mood of spirit, they are generally more restrained, not so submissive to fate, not so carefree and kind.”
    (Sources: Doctor of Medicine E.V. Erickson. “News of Psychology, Criminal Anthropology and Hypnotism.” 1906.)

2) Folklore, style and motives of old songs and dances? Absolutely different and not similar. The original Georgian dances and song motifs are generally different, different from the Armenian ones.

3) The style of old folk clothes that people wore before? Again, completely different. The same dissimilarity is with the northern Caucasus. The only similarity can be found with the Abkhazians, and only because the territory was originally Georgian and 2/3 of modern Abkhazians are assimilated Georgians.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kartvel (Georgian)
    Ethnicity
    Megrel
    Ancestry
    Megrelia(Colchis -Western Georgia)
    Country
    Georgia
    Region
    Georgia
    Taxonomy
    Neanderthal
    Religion
    Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 428
    Given: 163

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by user_ View Post
    I would say that even Balkans dance and music have more similarities with Armenia, than Georgians have.
    This is Macedonian music, this kind of sounds in Georgia would be recognized as something Armenian, Azeri or Kurdish.

And this is Georgian sounds, if anything in this world can be called Caucasian, this is Georgia

This one is more suitable.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information