View Poll Results: Were the killings of Native Americans a genocide?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 82.76%
  • No

5 17.24%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Erdogan threatens to recognise killings of Native Americans as genocide

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    I mean is there any doubt about this? Really? If it were any european group that went through what native americans went through it would have been classified as such with no doubt lmfao
    It's bigotry nothing more. Everything they do is good the others are evil blah blah. Let's vote for if God exists yeeaaah! Wtf is this.

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSecret View Post
    It's bigotry nothing more. Everything they do is good the others are evil blah blah. Let's vote for if God exists yeeaaah! Wtf is this.
    I'm the type that can forgive the past and learn from it but we have to call things as what they are... They did invade a land and killed the natives. That's just facts. But I wouldn't blame the people from nowadays for it, it's left on their ancestors' conscience.
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    England
    mtDNA
    U2e1
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,272
    Given: 5,610

1 Not allowed!

Yes loud and clear, even though Erdogan and Trump suck equally!!

Last Online
    10-05-2022 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    OTHERS_D
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Slovak/Hungarian Romani/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Essentially Austro-Hungary
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Joseph Conrad
    Religion
    Down-votes from Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,057
    Given: 3,213

0 Not allowed!

My goodness, people. The concept of genocide was invented long after the Anglo/Spanish conquest of the Americas. Western Enlightenment and Liberalism developed from this experience. Also, American Indians were horrific savages and rarely tolerated newcomers, resulting in the bloodshed that followed.

Also, they weren't "Americans" yet. They were English and Spanish explorers, religious fanatics, rebels, and criminals.
    PuntDNAl k15
    Mother: Polish + Norwegian + Austrian + French @ 0.923102
    Father: Karelian + Polish + Romani + Mozabite_Berber @ 5.277415
    Me: Lithuanian + Mordovian + Bosnian + Spaniard @ 2.190271
    MDLP World
    Mother: 85.80% German_V + 14.20% Russian @ 1
    Father: 73.10% Croatian_V + 26.90% Roma @ 4.65
    Me: 94.70% Croatian_V + 5.30% Roma @ 1.61

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSecret View Post
    Turkey(Ottoman Empire) didn't invade Greece during the WWI or after the WWI it is vice versa. Officially you can't just decide on killing people just because they are the remnants of a conqueror country of the past. Just like any "Indians" can't kill white Americans in New York and defend themselves like this. Again funny...
    You don't have the right to kill anyone for the kicks. But you have the right to fight for independence in an empire which has subjugated you. Especially if you are a majority population with a thousands of years old continuous cultural and literary tradition in that particular region. Then you have the moral high ground without question. Just like the Greeks who fought in the early 19th century against the Ottoman empire, so did other Greeks decades later.

Also the Armenians were natives in those regions. Their struggles for freedom were virtuous. The Young Turks understood and respected this logic and this is why they sought to exterminate/depopulate Christians. After the population exchanges, once modern Turkey was established, no one has ever invaded Turkey. After all, the Armenians were mostly exterminated and i.e. the Greeks couldn't fight for the ideal of freedom anymore.

I agree that in part, the Turkish perspective has some value. Just because it was conquered centuries ago doesn't mean that you have the right to annex it centuries after. It is irrelevant if some majority Muslim areas were once Byzantine or whatever. I give the moral high-ground to the majority population living in that region at that point of time. But you see, there were majority populations in the coastal area's and the Eastern parts of Anatolia who were Greek and Armenian. For those areas the struggles have been just. The population exchanges should have been applicable only to minority populations. I.e. Turks from the Balkans, Greeks from inner Anatolia etc.

Ülev

2 Not allowed!

"The white race didn't do anything that the Comanche didn't do, they just did it better" - David Yeagley, great-great-grandson of Comanche leader Bad Eagle, 2012

Enlightened Cypriot Macedonian Thanas Django's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Cypriot
    Country
    Cyprus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,829
    Given: 2,653

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    You don't have the right to kill anyone for the kicks. But you have the right to fight for independence in an empire which has subjugated you. Especially if you are a majority population with a thousands of years old continuous cultural and literary tradition in that particular region. Then you have the moral high ground without question. Just like the Greeks who fought in the early 19th century against the Ottoman empire, so did other Greeks decades later.

Also the Armenians were natives in those regions. Their struggles for freedom were virtuous. The Young Turks understood and respected this logic and this is why they sought to exterminate/depopulate Christians. After the population exchanges, once modern Turkey was established, no one has ever invaded Turkey. After all, the Armenians were mostly exterminated and i.e. the Greeks couldn't fight for the ideal of freedom anymore.

I agree that in part, the Turkish perspective has some value. Just because it was conquered centuries ago doesn't mean that you have the right to annex it centuries after. It is irrelevant if some majority Muslim areas were once Byzantine or whatever. I give the moral high-ground to the majority population living in that region at that point of time. But you see, there were majority populations in the coastal area's and the Eastern parts of Anatolia who were Greek and Armenian. For those areas the struggles have been just. The population exchanges should have been applicable only to minority populations. I.e. Turks from the Balkans, Greeks from inner Anatolia etc.
    It's nice of you to abstract to some higher justice which yields moral high grounds to different ethnicities struggling for their independence but in this case you are wasting your time. You see, Darksecret is an expert in writing confusing wordsalads, he even gets paid for it. He will now expertly throw another word salad which has nothing to do with anything, claim Turkish moral superiority at all cases and receive his paycheck from papa Erdogan.

You see, spreading misinformation and countering good arguments with ardent Bullshittry is Darksecret's job.
    Being Greek is an experienced grounded into nation, not consumption.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xiperyum View Post
    america is worst thing in human history. most barbar and dangerous country. worst than nazis. god save us from america

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundqvist View Post
    "The white race didn't do anything that the Comanche didn't do, they just did it better" - David Yeagley, great-great-grandson of Comanche leader Bad Eagle, 2012
    David Yeagley died from cancer in 2014.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2021 @ 02:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Trinidad-and-Tobago
    Y-DNA
    G
    mtDNA
    U5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,803

0 Not allowed!

Yes! It's time to do this. If genocides are things that are recognized in parliaments then it's time to do it in our parliament too. Let the voting start!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information