Mustang Wanted
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,838
    Given: 9,881

0 Not allowed!

Edited.
    Last edited by Manifest Destiny; 05-28-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    "Tradition is tending the flame, not worshiping the ashes." - Gustav Mahler

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Kiwi as bro
    Country
    New Zealand
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

Something tells me cats would never think to come up with a human appreciation thread

I once had a cat, it was a mangy old thing that my parents had got before my older sister was born. Went by the name Madison. To call her distant and aloof would be an understatement. Never too fond of company and in particular it seems, ours. She started to frequent the neighbours more in her older years and they fed her thinking she was a stray. After about 2 weeks she came back to much relief on our part. She died at the ripe old age of 13... At the neighbours house

Fighting Communism Since 1968 Ulex's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-20-2014 @ 08:24 PM
    On your hard drive, in temporary internet files
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Politics
    Rightwing radical
    Religion
    Ancestry
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainraven View Post
    Something tells me cats would never think to come up with a human appreciation thread
    I bet they would never come up with a cat appreciation thread either. The cats in my neighbourhood are always fighting eachother. Usually at night when Ulex is trying to catch a few hours of sleep. They behave so human like.

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Here's my kitty. He's a Norwegian Forest Cat and is around 6 years old.

He's such a funny and playful animal, I love him to death.

(The fur is a bit much, though, and he has a habit of cleaning himself on areas that collect the most of it, like my carpet.)

An excellent mouser, when we lived on my farm in Quebec he would bring in all kinds of mice into the house and put them in places like my bed and the front door. Apparently they do that as a prize for those they feel are the dominant 'friend' in the household.

I freak out, but I know his intentions are good.
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 03-26-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Fighting Communism Since 1968 Ulex's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-20-2014 @ 08:24 PM
    On your hard drive, in temporary internet files
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Nordid
    Politics
    Rightwing radical
    Religion
    Ancestry
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

0 Not allowed!

My cat was a poor hunter. He sometimes brought in a live mouse in my house, expecting me to do the killing part. I could see him thinking: "Come on human... Kill it with your teeth and then eat it raw!"

I never did, what he expected from me. Honestly.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-style American
    Ethnicity
    California dreaming
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

0 Not allowed!

I love kitties!

I have three, and they all ended up being a form of black. :mmmm:

Tauchers is the attention whore, and the oldest one. She's black with faint tabby stripes, and a thick, short, luxurious coat. She's a polydactal, who had to be declawed. She had scratched the eye of one of our other cats. She has these funny flaps of skin right in front of her thighs, so that if you want to, you can pick her up by her skin flaps! She is the one who is the most likely to be in your lap, or on the table, interrupting your reading, or needlework, miawing, and demanding to have attention lavished upon her. She's also the one who is bulimic, and will overeat, and then barf on my knitting projects.

Mouser is the next one. Her full name is The Gremlin Mouser, as she looked like Gizmo from the movie Gremlins when she was a kitten. She's a tuxedo, with white socks. She's a medium length. When she was younger, we also called her Mouserina Skunk Tail, as she has a cute little puffy tail. She's the most neurotic one. Always suspicious that one of the other animals are around the corner, waiting to pounce on her when she least expects it. She and Tauchers have never got along. In November of 2006, she got into a fight with Tauchers, and we had to work to get her from underneath the house, as Tauchers had ripped Mouser's eye open. An expensive eye operation later, her iris is permanently fused open on the one side, so in bright sunlight, is dilated on the one half. I have said since then that she's Odin's cat because of that. She also is the one that I am the least confident of always being able to pick up because she always is able to be so grumpy on the drop of a dime. But, she is also one of the sweetest cats in her tender moments.

The pride and joy of our household is Persuader. He'll be three in July. He is a brownish black. He started off a dusky gray, with rosy brown points on his ears, tail, and feet. He is half Manx, but has the most luxurious tail I've ever seen on a cat before. It's practically prehensile. When he wakes up from a deep sleep, it lays flat across his back, like a huskie tail. And he has a cute little mane around his face, including cheek tufts. And he has this uncanny knack for falling asleep in really odd places. If I'm able to get to a faster connection, I'll post some pictures to show what I mean. You have to see it. It is really some of the funniest things you'll have ever seen. He also has a really odd habit that he started when he was about four month old. He started to hump stuffed animals. I kid you not! He still does it. My boyfriend has these stuffed animal battles with him, where he has a toy that he has pick fights with Persuader. Our cat will beat up the stuffed animal, and then he will bite it by the neck, and drag it throughout the house, humping it. He makes some funny noises when he does it too. He's even neutered too! It's really hysterical. And then he has to lick himself afterward.

We also have a Bouvier des Flandres, who is now five. Her name is Nietzche. She's one of the sweetest dogs with people that you could imagine. But, obviously, I'm more of a cat person.
    Last edited by Frigga; 03-27-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Last Online
    05-17-2020 @ 04:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-germanic
    Ethnicity
    Cape Bretoner
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Scotland, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Novia Scotia
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

My cat tolerates me. I try to love her, but she has little time for me. She loves my son and his father, and pays attention to me when she wants something. A former student has a cat that is due to give birth soon and I am getting one of the kittens. I will have to keep this one away from them and their cat-voodoo.

This is one of my favourite cat pictures:

The mighty oak was once a tiny acorn that stood its ground.

Crazy Coley's Yarnwhority
    Nails By Nicole: my very small portfolio right now!!!

Last Online
    04-25-2009 @ 03:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post

This was also one of the greatest cats I've ever met as she was very brave and street-wise and very feared in the neighbourhood. Rommelina was already very old when I met her but she had a full and very pleasant life next to people who loved her dearly
    Cat photo
    I love your cat picture. I have a calico I call Chloe, and I just love her dearly. I also have two other cats. My black cat Thomas, who looks like a little black very shiny miniature panther, with golden eyes, has a chair a lot like that one. I have a thing about buying antique chairs, so last summer I bought another one and it already had a nice woven seat in it. Thomas immediately claimed it and spends his leisure time in it. Today we were expecting company so I thought I would put his grungy blankie up for the day. He was so upset when he found it gone, I just went and got it out again for him. I thought to heck with the company, I think more of Thomas. I have always liked cats better than people, they have been the loves of my life.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trefelin View Post
    Hampering

(Some) Rules for Cats who have a House to Run

1. DOORS: Do not allow closed doors in any room. To get door opened, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season. Swinging doors are to be avoided at all costs.

2. CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shagpile is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so that it is as long as the human's bare foot.

3. BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything - just sit and stare.

4. HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some close activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping", otherwise known as "hampering". Following are some of the many rules for "hampering":

When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.
    Cats
    I loved your article. Only one who has lived with cats all their life could really appreciate it. I had a friend whose cat always threw up on top of her piano.
    One of my cats used to bring me his dead prey. If he could find a dead mouse or mole he was delighted. He would climb the porch stairs and come to the front door with his prize. He would lay it down and then call for me to come see what he had for me. Some of the things were very distasteful, but I always praised him highly, while I gingerly picked the awful thing up. But he was so proud of himself. One day I guess he couldn't find a mouse, so he brought me an enormous grass hopper thing, I never knew what I was going to get. He lived for 18 years, and we all loved him dearly.
    Last edited by Aemma; 03-28-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fixed quotation

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English/Germanic
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Default beautiful cat

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    I was about to post the Savannah cat!!

What a beautiful cat, I envy you. I subscribe to the Cat Fancy magazine, and I always go through it and admire all the cats. But the one I loved the most was the Savannah. I told my husband that is just the kind I would like to have. I think I have reached my limit though, I have three house cats. I have gotten all three at different times from shelters. My newest one, a calico I call Chloe, was five months old when I got her, and she had been confined in a cage all her life. But she has a great life now, she has a step brother who plays with her all day, until they get worn out and have to retire to take a nap.

Page 6 of 195 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information