Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where dose the claims than other na/middle eastern hate maghrebi come from ? (+ others question)

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomansman View Post
    I think some north african individuals dislike arabs though. When i went to marakech with my family, we used to go out in the streets. There were shops everywhere around and the shop owners would always try to make people buy their stuff.
    When my siblings ignored some guy owning a juice shop, he yelled at them "i hate you arabs!".

Not sure if he simply was frustrated only, or frustrated while expressing his hatred for arabs. But it doesnt suprise me if arabs dislike maghrebis
    No in general there is no hate except from some berberists but it's understandable because the berber culture has been heavily marginalized throughout History and it's still the case in Algeria and Morocco for example

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

I think some north african individuals dislike arabs though. When i went to marakech with my family, we used to go out in the streets. There were shops everywhere around and the shop owners would always try to make people buy their stuff.
    When my siblings ignored some guy owning a juice shop, he yelled at them "i hate you arabs!".

Not sure if he simply was frustrated only, or frustrated while expressing his hatred for arabs. But it doesnt suprise me if arabs dislike maghrebis
    Not sure, but at the same time, I do know on the fact that some of the Berbers that do hate Arabs don't hate us Palestinians at all. They mostly hate the Arabized Maghrebis and all. Arabians don't give a shit about other Arabs for the most part. As for Levantines, we Palestinians sympathize the most for them while the Lebanese don't, especially the Christians like the Maronites who associate far more closely to their old oppressors AKA the French than anything.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    No in general there is no hate except from some berberists but it's understandable because the berber culture has been heavily marginalized throughout History and it's still the case in Algeria and Morocco for example
    I was to the point of answering him the same thing that there are only some berberists around, and most of berbers tend to think and give themselves the name "arabs".

In France you see clearly that, everyone here say "arabs" for talking about NAs, those who use "Berber" are very few.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Not White
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,495
    Given: 884

2 Not allowed!

You cannot count Marrakech for anything. Even some Moroccan guys from other cities told me everyone hates them because they are too greedy and will bash anyone who does not pay what they want, specially foreign tourists. I met some nice people there and everything, but it's a city I would never return.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Samnium View Post
    I was to the point of answering him the same thing that there are only some berberists around, and most of berbers tend to think and give themselves the name "arabs".

In France you see clearly that, everyone here say "arabs" for talking about NAs, those who use "Berber" are very few.
    Yes but the question of the Maghrebi identity is a complex one : some emphasize the culture and others genetics. There is also the fact that most of them aren't aware of their own History or genetics ...myself when I was young I thought I was arab genetically hopefully I'm well aware of the truth now unlike most arabized maghrebis

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes but the question of the Maghrebi identity is a complex one : some emphasize the culture and others genetics. There is also the fact that most of them aren't aware of their own History or genetics ...myself when I was young I thought I was arab genetically hopefully I'm well aware of the truth now unlike most arabized maghrebis
    Indeed which I support even I'm an ethnic Arab myself. What the French did in North Africa is very despicable since they took the whole "divide and rule" thing even worse than their British counterparts. I do hope that Berbers get all of their rights in the future. I also like to learn some Berber languages like Riffian and Kabyle myself as well.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

1 Not allowed!

It's the case with most of berbers, they think that they are mainly descendants from arab tribes that came during Islam era.

I thought the same thing when I was young as well.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    Indeed which I support even I'm an ethnic Arab myself. What the French did in North Africa is very despicable since they took the whole "divide and rule" thing even worse than their British counterparts. I do hope that Berbers get all of their rights in the future. I also like to learn some Berber languages like Riffian and Kabyle myself as well.
    Exactly and they even played a big role in the arabization process like for example in Kabylia where thay have imposed arabic names anyway now we have to look forward and thanks for your support and admiration it's mutual

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Exactly and they even played a big role in the arabization process like for example in Kabylia where thay have imposed arabic names anyway now we have to look forward and thanks for your support and admiration it's mutual
    Do hope the Kabyle don't put us Palestinians in the same basket as these people, lol. Yup

Banned
    Last Online
    04-23-2020 @ 08:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 777

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos One View Post
    You cannot count Marrakech for anything. Even some Moroccan guys from other cities told me everyone hates them because they are too greedy and will bash anyone who does not pay what they want, specially foreign tourists. I met some nice people there and everything, but it's a city I would never return.
    Yeah, we even got to pay around 20-25 bucks for a small amount of cheap goat meat. These people will do anything to get costumers and sell anything.

If marrakech food represent morrocan food, it really isnt good(which i doubt).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information