Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Are S. Euros the smartest Europeans?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno of Citium View Post
    And your smartphone was invented by an Italian. But you won't mention that, will you?
    How was the smartphone invented by an Italian ? The regular phone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell and the smartphone is just a regular phone combined with a computer. The operating systems that run , on the smartphone , are IOS and Android. Android is based on Linux made by Linus Torvalds ( A finnish man) and IOS is based on BSD Unix e.g. Bill Jolitz, Kherighan , Ritchie, Jordan Hubbard etc.. etc..

I have no idea what you are talking about. In fact I know what I am talking about here and you are just talking nonsense in this thread.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I did not say Archimedes was Jewish but since he was from ancient Alexandria which was cosmopolitan like New York city it is totally possible that archimides, Ptolemy , Diaphantus, Appolonius were Jewish.

Also, I know way more about math than you. Euler was the best mathematician of all time and then there is Euclid and Newton etc...

I don't think you know jackshit about mathematics honestly. The Pythogarum theorem is not on par with the invention of Calculus etc...
    I don't know much math. I never claimed I knew. I value based on importance. The Pythagorean theorem is more important, because it's the basis for most mathematics and geometry, including for Euler's mathematics. The Pi number discovered by Archimedes is way more important because it helps us interpret the natural world and helps significantly in physics and aerospace engineering for its accuracy. And the calculus was invented by Eudoxus (method of exhaustion, integral calculus) and Archimedes.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

How was the smartphone invented by an Italian ? The regular phone was invented by Thomas Edison and the smartphone is just a regular phone combined with a computer. The operating systems that run , on the smartphone , are IOS and Android. Android is based on Linux made by Linus Torvalds ( A finnish man) and IOS is based on BSD Unix e.g. Bill Jolitz, Kherighan , Ritchie, Jordan Hubbard etc.. etc..

I have no idea what you are talking about. In fact I know what I am talking about here and you are just talking nonsense in this thread.
    The precursor to today's smartphone was invented by IBM engineer Frank Canova.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    He was a genius in multiple fields (a unique case) that set the basis for many modern inventions. Who says that Watt or Edison "beat" Da Vinci? You? Based on what?

Da Vinci lived in a different era with different technology.

Mozart was a genius yes but he also learned from Italian musicians who came before him. We can't exclude these things.
    Why does Watt beat Da Vinci ? Simple : The Industrial revolution was a major revolution in the history of the human species that caused Northern Europe to surpass Southern Europe :

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

The cultural, intellectual and artistic movement of the Renaissance, which saw a resurgence of learning based on classical sources ( Romans and Greek ), began in Italy around the 14th Century, and gradually spread across most of Europe over the next 3 centuries. Science and art were still very much interconnected and intermingled at this time, as exemplified by the work of artist/scientists such as Leonardo da Vinci ( one of the best mathematicians in his time ), and it is no surprise that, just as in art, revolutionary work in the fields of philosophy and science was soon taking place.
    In the Renaissance Italy of the early 16th Century, Bologna University in particular was famed for its intense public mathematics competitions.
    It was in just such a competion that the unlikely figure of the young, self-taught Tartaglia Nicolò revealed to the world the formula for solving first one type, and later all types, of cubic equations (equations with terms including x3), an achievement hitherto considered impossible and which had stumped the best mathematicians of China, India and Islamic world.

Italian renaissance mathematicians such as Gerolamo Cardano ( complex numbers, discovery of cubic formula equations together with Tartaglia ) Raphael Bombelli, Del Ferro, were responsible for the most important developments in algebra since Babylonians ( Indians invented decimal number but their "algebra" was, in some way, inferior to Archimedes's mathematics.. ..who was able to find the formula of parabolic area using Romans number ).

With Hindu-Arabic numerals, standardized notation and the new language of algebra at their disposal, the stage was set for the European mathematical revolution of the 17th Century in Italy France England and Germany....and later in Switzerland..

Last Online
    01-13-2021 @ 08:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian + 1/32 Jewish
    Ancestry
    Balkans, Eastern Europe
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a1b7
    mtDNA
    H1ax
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    More plantations
    Hero
    Ras Tafari
    Religion
    Rastafari
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,570
    Given: 25,848

1 Not allowed!

In general, I think southern europeans are smart, indeed. Speaking of personal experiences, I know some italians from Switzerland, Italy and Hungary and they seem pretty intelligent and hard-working people (engineers, university students, etc.)

But the development of a nation or a group of people also depends on the weather conditions and social opportunities (!together!). Just look at southern Italy/Greece. A good weather is provided almost all year long and the society in those areas had a chance to grow and to develop (this is why Africa should be left out for example, but northern-african societies had similar chances to develop in the past). It's pretty much the same in the rest of the world. A lot of nations in South-America and Eastern-Asia had good chances in the past because of the favorable climate and good social conditions.

I also think that in ancient times northern-europeans could have achieved a similar level of development if these conditions are provided.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Why does Watt beat Da Vinci ? Simple : The Industrial revolution was a major revolution in the history of the human species that caused Northern Europe to surpass Southern Europe :
    The same revolution that created social classes division, poverty, pollution and the reason why we have Greta Thumberg? Please, tell me something else...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_London

Industrial revolution and coal yes improved human life but were useful in the previous two centuries.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Da Vinci was jack of all trades and master of none. For instance, in art Michaelangelo beats him and in technology Watt and Edison beat him etc..

Watt and Edison.. discovered nothing
    ... they were simple technicians..

Cylinder crankshaft valves were well known during roman times..

Engine steam was well known since ancient roman TIMES...
    Heron of Alexandria Roman Egypt . 10 AD – c. 70 AD) was a mathematician and engineer.
    He is often considered the greatest experimenter of antiquity

Ancient roman cranckshaft

Ancient roman steam engine

Watt invented nothing..
    Last edited by renaissance12; 01-15-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The greatest invention of XIX century was the PILA of Volta..

VOLTA ALESSANDRO IS THE FATHER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

Volta's invention sparked a great amount of scientific excitement and led others to conduct similar experiments which eventually led to the development of the field of electrical engineering..

Volta is to Electrical engineering as Colombo is to discovery of America... Faraday is to electrical engineering as Giacomo Costantino Beltrami is to discovery of Missisipi source.. The feat was the discovery of PILA to produce steady current..without PILA ...no Faraday.. no Maxwell.. no Hertz.. no Ampere.. no Ohm.. ect ect..
    Last edited by renaissance12; 01-15-2020 at 12:49 PM.

The least civilized TA user Terminator98's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-25-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Ancestry
    Mars
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Boogeyman
    Thumbs Up