Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How come that many White South Africans have Hottentot admixture (even if minor)?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-28-2022 @ 08:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,067

0 Not allowed!

Default How come that many White South Africans have Hottentot admixture (even if minor)?

I presume that this mostly applies to Afrikaners/Boers, rather than the Anglo South Africans. Was this due to early colonial admixture in the 17th century or did this occur later, and what was the reason for this mixing with the native peoples of South Africa? I had always imagined the Boers to be a distant group from the natives, that had their own societies and so on with no black South Africans living alongside with them. I would have presumed that native admixture would have been seen as low status and would have been frowned upon among the European/Dutch settlers of the time, similar to the Aboriginals in Australia and other native groups in other New World countries.

I also think that the reason as to why convex noses are more common in white South Africans than in Europeans and other white New Worlders is due to Hottentot admixture.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chociprasa View Post
    I presume that this mostly applies to Afrikaners/Boers, rather than the Anglo South Africans. Was this due to early colonial admixture in the 17th century or did this occur later, and what was the reason for this mixing with the native peoples of South Africa? I had always imagined the Boers to be a distant group from the natives, that had their own societies and so on with no black South Africans living alongside with them. I would have presumed that native admixture would have been seen as low status and would have been frowned upon among the European/Dutch settlers of the time, similar to the Aboriginals in Australia and other native groups in other New World countries.

I also think that the reason as to why convex noses are more common in white South Africans than in Europeans and other white New Worlders is due to Hottentot admixture.
    Because first Euro settlers came without women. This first mixed offspring was later accepted in white society, at least in some part. Another thing that Euro-Hottentot mix looks "whiter" than Euro-Bantu.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-30-2020 @ 03:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Kaffir Kefir
    Country
    South Africa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 785

0 Not allowed!

In Iceland, there's at least one case each, of a female Mongoloid and a male Negroid. In New Amsterdam, there was one Barbary Corsair, IIRC. Of the few South Africans I have met IRL, one was English from Durban and another one was Portuguese, but I forgot where he was living at exactly. Who knows?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kaffir Kefir
    Country
    South Africa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Because first Euro settlers came without women. This first mixed offspring was later accepted in white society, at least in some part. Another thing that Euro-Hottentot mix looks "whiter" than Euro-Bantu.
    You're referring to the Coloureds.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordarya View Post
    You're referring to the Coloureds.
    Nope. First Trekboers integrated into his community mixed-race children, derived from times when there was no white women in colony. It was long before of the creation of distinct Coloured group. Of course it wasn't majority and later there were submerged when more white settlers (and women) came in, so it is why Boers have such admixture at 2-3% level now.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

6 Not allowed!

Almost all Boer results I've seen have small percentages of not only SSA but also South Asian and Indonesian. I recently posted a guy that looks very Dutch and is 4% SSA, 2% South Asian and 2% Indonesian. 8% non-European in total.

Actually only Anglo New World self-identified white groups tend to be genetically 100% European. I'm not even talking about Latin Americans here, but look at many French Canadians and Cajuns from Louisiana, they also have admixture, sometimes considerable in the case of the latter. ''White'' people from Réunion Island (French colony) also have significant admixture from Africans and South Asians.

There's a Canadian member here with French-Canadian ancestry scoring 4% Amerindian, American member Celestia/Celestial Slayer has French Cajun ancestry and is 3% SSA, her mother being 7-10%.

It seems Anglos created the only ''fully European'' societies in the New World.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kaffir Kefir
    Country
    South Africa
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Nope. First Trekboers integrated into his community mixed-race children, derived from times when there was no white women in colony. It was long before of the creation of distinct Coloured group. Of course it wasn't majority and later there were submerged when more white settlers (and women) came in, so it is why Boers have such admixture at 2-3% level now.
    Pocahontas of the Zulu Dawn.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordarya View Post
    Pocahontas of the Zulu Dawn.
    Zulus are Bantus from elsewhere in Africa, they settled recently in South Africa. The natives of South Africa were the Khoi peoples, who were classified as ''Capoids'' and not Negroids by early 20th century anthropologists.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Kaffir Kefir
    Country
    South Africa
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    Zulus are Bantus from elsewhere in Africa, they settled recently in South Africa. The natives of South Africa were the Khoi peoples, who were classified as ''Capoids'' and not Negroids by early 20th century anthropologists.
    Right. You just reminded me of the land wars by Groid-raging Mugabe and his perfect foils, Tutu and Mandela. The Groids are genociding Albino Boers and not giving the land back to the Clickmasters. Bantustans for all nations these days.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,025
    Given: 6,624

0 Not allowed!

They were oil drillers before becoming Farmers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information