Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The stupidity of the "Mediterranean" label for phenotypes.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 4,691

1 Not allowed!

I've always considered "Med" to be a European phenotype, which other groups can sometimes look like (because of ancestral reasons) but not as a whole. In other words, you'll have people outside of Europe and European influenced areas who appear Med but whose co-ethnics are mostly not Med. For example, MENA people. Most MENA don't look like true meds, but individually, there are quite a few who fit into the Med spectrum.

Med is in between North Europe and MENA. In fact, that's how it should be defined because that's how it looks in ever plot I've seen.
    Last edited by Morena; 01-17-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian, Georgian Jewish, minor Armenian
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Armenia (EHG), Anatolian Neolithic Farmer (AHG), Copper Age Zagros, Canaan, Urartu, Ass
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,784
    Given: 10,478

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    FIG. 6 (2 views, photo Henry Field. From Field, Henry, Arabs of Central Iraq, Anth. Mem. of the Field Museum of Natural History, vol. 4, 1935, Plate LXXX). A tall Mediterranean from Iraq. The Iraqians, who are apparently direct and unaltered descendants of the ancient Mesopotamians, are Mediterraneans. They are, however, on the whole taller, darker-skinned, longer-faced, and straighter-haired than the Arabs.

Coon being ignorant yet again. Modern day Iraqi Arabs are very mixed and impure. The majority are more Arabian admixed, though many would have Iranian, Mandean, Turkmen, Kurdish and a mishmash of other West Asian groups in their blood. They are not straightforward descendants of ancient Mesopotamians. That will be us Assyrians (not saying we're 100% pure descendants, as we have mixed with Armenians to some degree, but we're up there as being pure Mesopotamians alongside Mandeans who come from southern Mesopotamia). Iraqi Arabs are too mixed and that Iraqi template up there ironically shows his admix very clearly (Arabian head and ear shape, Turkmen eyes and Iranian jaw - typical Iraqi Arab look that even Saddam and his henchmen possessed).

And why did Coon broaden the Med race? Arabs are long-headed Mediterranean? There is nothing Mediterranean about them, other than their elongated head shape. If a long head means Mediterranean, then those Caucasoid Somalis with long heads should also be Mediterranean by his strange logic.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,376
    Given: 31,164

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Coon being ignorant yet again. Modern day Iraqi Arabs are very mixed and impure. The majority are more Arabian admixed, though many would have Iranian, Mandean, Turkmen, Kurdish and a mishmash of other West Asian groups in their blood. They are not straightforward descendants of ancient Mesopotamians. That will be us Assyrians (not saying we're 100% pure descendants, as we have mixed with Armenians to some degree, but we're up there as being pure Mesopotamians alongside Mandeans who come from southern Mesopotamia). Iraqi Arabs are too mixed and that Iraqi template up there ironically shows his admix very clearly (Arabian head and ear shape, Turkmen eyes and Iranian jaw - typical Iraqi Arab look that even Saddam and his henchmen possessed).

And why did Coon broaden the Med race? Arabs are long-headed Mediterranean? There is nothing Mediterranean about them, other than their elongated head shape. If a long head means Mediterranean, then those Caucasoid Somalis with long heads should also be Mediterranean by his strange logic.
    Friend you're ok user to me, but you don't have any right to insult anyone on very personal level like this, I came to warn you, next time 3 days ban, no offence, even this is stretching the rules not to ban you now, but to warn you.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,919
    Given: 4,818

0 Not allowed!

No it's not vast majority of phenotypes although I consider it a pseudo science derives from the seas

Mediterranean sea = Mediterranean
    North Sea = Nordic
    Baltic Sea = Baltid
    Euxinos Pontos/Black Sea = Pontid
    Celtic Sea = Keltid
    Aegean Sea = Aegean Med
    Levantine Sea = Levatine
    Atlantic sea = Atlantid
    Ionian Sea --- interesting one indeed but resembles mainland Greek
    Adriatic Sea ---- another very interesting one
    European Inland - largely Alpine

What Im trying to get at that people's race tends to gravitate towards the seas
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

1 Not allowed!

South Europeans are in the first place Mediterranean by Geography.

Since the Mediterranean region includes both parts of Europe,Africa and the Middle East
    ,North Africans for example are Mediterraneans as well which does not mean they are the same
    people with South Euros.

If one wants to be more precise one could distinguish South Euros as European Mediterranean.

Of course there is some shared things between Non European and European Mediteranean
    people.

The issue is currently sensitive because of the abnormal conditions established by the
    mass migrations from North Africans into Europe.

But one should relax and rather consider the history in the past

There have been Phoenicians in Europe and Greeks and Romans in North Africa,so
    its normal that some things will be shared.

Then there is the Med phenotype which is a phenotype of the White(Caucasian) race

Of course not all South Europeans are Med by phenotype
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    They should be scared of me.

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildofMud View Post
    I've always considered "Med" to be a European phenotype, which other groups can sometimes look like (because of ancestral reasons) but not as a whole. In other words, you'll have people outside of Europe and European influenced areas who appear Med but whose co-ethnics are mostly not Med. For example, MENA people. Most MENA don't look like true meds, but individually, there are quite a few who fit into the Med spectrum.

Med is in between North Europe and MENA. In fact, that's how it should be defined because that's how it looks in ever plot I've seen.
    It is a European phenotype since it can be found throughout all of Europe

For example one can find Med types also among natives of Ireland,Wales,Scottland and in Germany..
    and its morphologically fairly similar to Nordic types except the differences in pigmentation.

No there is Med types among Middle Easterners and North African too but one should consider Menas who
    have Med phenotypes are basicly still white caucasian in that sense,they are distinguished by language,culture
    and genetics mainly and also one shouldn't forget that many North Africans have extra SSA infuence in their phenotypes
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Demons don't scare me.
    They should be scared of me.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-14-2020 @ 04:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Muttic
    Ethnicity
    Little little into the middle
    Ancestry
    Earth
    Country
    Antarctica
    mtDNA
    Richard Nikolaus Eijiro, Count of Coudenhove-Kalergi
    Taxonomy
    Too mixed to classify
    Politics
    Humanism
    Religion
    Is cope
    Relationship Status
    Engaged with my waifu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 159

1 Not allowed!

Physical anthropology is a pseudo science, we all know that. A very look alike Portuguese and Lebanese can have very little genetic affinity. Phenotypes matter socially, we can't see one's autosomal DNA test but their facial features and body.

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

1 Not allowed!

No it's not vast majority of phenotypes although I consider it a pseudo science derives from the seas

Mediterranean sea = Mediterranean
    North Sea = Nordic
    Baltic Sea = Baltid
    Euxinos Pontos/Black Sea = Pontid
    Celtic Sea = Keltid
    Aegean Sea = Aegean Med
    Levantine Sea = Levatine
    Atlantic sea = Atlantid
    Ionian Sea --- interesting one indeed but resembles mainland Greek
    Adriatic Sea ---- another very interesting one
    European Inland - largely Alpine

What Im trying to get at that people's race tends to gravitate towards the seas
    Adriatic was used as another name for Dinaric.

In short geographical based name are highly misleading but They are easy to remember.
    1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

3 Not allowed!

Personally I think that North Africans i see (I guess mainly from Marocco) are Metrically much more Mediterranean looking than the average North Italian. Obviously most Moroccans have an African influence while Italians an European one.
    They have very long, and very narrow vaults = marked dolicocephaly..
    Narrow faced with very fine features. Most Italians compared have larger and thicker skulls denoting a stronger proto-european and Alpine/Dinaric element .
    1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post

I hate to derail this thread further but yes I don’t know how anyone can say they’re not mixed given the history. Unless they’ve got genetic results to back it up, which I doubt they do.

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information