Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it somewhat common for mulattos to have hazel/green eyes while rare for mestizos/castizos?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Did chicarito ever actually got his ancestry test done or is the mere speculation? Also id say light eyes and light hair are more common among Castizos and Mestizos then Indio-Mestizos compare I’ve seen so many Andean Colombians(and they’re mostly Mestizo, Harnizo and Castizo) with Colored eyes and hair it’s the norm while in Indio-Mestizo regions such as Guatemala it happens in low frequency also Mulattos are more European then Indio-Mestizos so while Indio-Mestizos might be lighter sometimes Mulattos have the genetics for lighter eyes to be more frequent since they’re European ancestry is higher. Compare Dominicans(Balanced Mulattos) with Guatemalans(Indio-Mestizos) and Colored eyes are way more common among Dominicans then Guatemalans from my experience due to they’re higher euro ancestry but Colored eyes and hair is much less common compared from Dominicans(Mulattos) to Andean Colombians(Harnizos)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Unless they’re mixed(One African American parent + White parent) it’s really not that common as you believe it is.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Unless they’re actual statistics then that’s gonna be tricky, also keep in mind that Amerindian+Euro mixtures tends to be lighter then Afro+Euro admixtures I’ve seen so many people on 23andme reddit who expected to be way more European because to the average eye they looked pretty pale with green eyes and were surprised that they were balanced mestizos leaning towards the Amerindian and others were light with around 60% Amerindian. i can show you some examples I found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/com...tm_name=iossmf

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I don't believe mulattos are lighter eyed than mestizos unless you show statistics about it. One important thing to consider: Mestizos are Iberian+Native. Mulattos in USA/UK/CAnada are NW Euro+ Black. Iberians are mostly dark eyed, NW Euros are mostly light eyed.
    But in Brazil there is a significant percentage of light eyes and light brown hair among african admixed peoples. Its not majority, but also not rare among pardos and mulatos. For example:

Last edited by Tenma de Pegasus; 01-19-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I don't believe mulattos are lighter eyed than mestizos unless you show statistics about it. One important thing to consider: Mestizos are Iberian+Native. Mulattos in USA/UK/CAnada are NW Euro+ Black. Iberians are mostly dark eyed, NW Euros are mostly light eyed.
    I've seen more MGM Iberian/med balanced mulattoes (and even a few griffes) with light eyes than what I've seeing balanced mestizos and indo-mestizos. And just in case my city is full of both. We have them from Ecuador, Colombia, México, Central América and even Perú and Bolivia.

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Adriana Lima is not a good example because she is pred. euro in phenotype. I wouldn't post pictures of castizos neither because of the same reason. I would like to see indo-mestizos with ojos claros. I've never met one so far.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Aren’t there amerindians in the Amazon with green eyes, that and I’ve think I’ve seen some cholitas in Peru with Hazel eyes when I was there, it’s not the norm but it’s around

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Kinda unrelated but when mulattos tend to have light features like light eyes or hair they kinda look like Middle Easterners and North Africans while Mestizos with light features kinda look like Central Asians especially the ones with more slanted eyes, that’s how the Balanced light skin mestizos at my job with pale skin and red hair look like that my job.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

I think it's usually med mulattoes that look pseudo ME and it will also depend because sometimes they just look like black people with light eyes.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I feel like African admixtures are way more common and variable since there’s Latin Afro admixtures in Latin America and Anglo Afro admixtures in USA and England that they’re everywhere while Amerindian and Latin Admixtures are the only visible and common kind when it comes to this. I feel like a fair comparison would be between 60% Afro the rest European vs 60% Amerindian the Rest European comparison thread between only Latin Americans groups would be a much more fair comparison to see since they have the same kinda of European input

Plus here in Peru my cousin co-worker has an Indio-Mestizo face with blue eyes I wouldn’t say it’s all that unheard of, I’ve even seen indio-mestizos from Ecuador with green eyes but usually they got jet black hair

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information