Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it somewhat common for mulattos to have hazel/green eyes while rare for mestizos/castizos?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    The Americas -> North America -> Hispanic America -> Mexico -> Western Mexico
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano Virreinal (1000% mexican! Born, raised and living in Mexico)
    Ethnicity
    60.73-65.1% European/MENA, 33-35.81% Indigenous American and 2-3.45% SSA
    Ancestry
    Spain, Mesoamerica, Western and Central Africa
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
    mtDNA
    Unknown
    Taxonomy
    Castizo: Alpinized Gracile Med and slightly Baskid + Minor Margid
    Politics
    Meritocracy, "Git Gud" and Ius Soli
    Hero
    Cristóbal de Ońate, Reina Isabel la Católica, Tzilacatzin, Porfirio Díaz and Dr. Iosif Lazaridis
    Religion
    Agnosticism (Culturally Roman Catholicism)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,503
    Given: 10,131

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I don't have amerindian features for me to look harnizo/castizo.

Here my results. My total European is only 58% as you can see. My native is 9%.

Interesting, you are less Euro that I thought and you have much of unassigned ancestry...

I say that you look harnizo-castizo because that was my first impression; if you weren't wrote your ancestry before I saw your 2 pictures, I would think that you are 70% Euro and the rest amerindian

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry my friend but I will call you a cherrypicker.
    so if i post something different to what you believe then thats automatically cherrypicking? Those pictiure i took from youtoube months ago. Its totally random. Its just a fact SSA is stronger.

Lets take you for example you are ONLY 23% SSA and look new world black. Mexican users Helloguys is probably more amerindian than you are SSA and he looks "whiter"

You can actually make a similar work/picture to the one i did, and if you dont cherrypick the outcome will be the same as mine. Please do it instead of acussing me of cherrypicking.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

here i did a quick instagram search "23andme results" . I guess if you people do the same will have the same results.

Notice how the nr 4 mulatto will be seen as mulatto man with light eyes whereas the nr 5 mestizo may be seen as "white or castizo" in many places.

Thats why you may have the impression mulattos have more lighy eyes than mestizos IMO.Because light eyed mestizos are often seen as castizo/white.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    so if i post something different to what you believe then thats automatically cherrypicking? Those pictiure i took from youtoube months ago. Its totally random. Its just a fact SSA is stronger.

Lets take you for example you are ONLY 23% SSA and look new world black. Mexican users Helloguys is probably more amerindian than you are SSA and he looks "whiter"

You can actually make a similar work/picture to the one i did, and if you dont cherrypick the outcome will be the same as mine. Please do it instead of acussing me of cherrypicking.
    I can easily go and post results of the people I'm related to on 23andme to prove you've been cherrypicking all this time my friend. You've been basically posting the blackest looking mulattoes to make a point LMAO. My DNA cousins don't look like that all on average and they range from 60% to 10% SSA. For every mulatto that looks more blacker than their results I can easily post one that looks more caucasoid. That's how genetics work my dude.

Interesting that you say I look new world black. I've never got that before.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

This dude comparing castizo looking mestizos wiith griffe looking mulattoes. What a joke LMAO. You should post examples of Canadian and American mestizos (yes, they exist) and compare them with American biracials and the lighter AAs. That would be the fairest comparison since both have the same type of Euro. But don't cherrypick please. I live in the most diverse city in the world and I already share my personal experience.

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    U
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,022
    Given: 2,705

0 Not allowed!

You have a low unassigned compared to me. Do you have recent ancestry in Spain?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can easily go and post results of the people I'm related to on 23andme to prove you've been cherrypicking all this time my friend. You've been basically posting the blackest looking mulattoes to make a point LMAO. My DNA cousins don't look like that all on average and they range from 60% to 10% SSA. For every mulatto that looks more blacker than their results I can easily post one that looks more caucasoid. That's how genetics work my dude.

Interesting that you say I look new world black. I've never got that before.
    im posting the first people i find in youtube or 23andme. the fact that you think im cherrypicking says more about you than about me. Just searcg 23andmeresult in instagram you will probably get the same results i posted.

Well yes obviously you look caribbean so new world "black". Ask any spaniard in this site.

This dude comparing castizo looking mestizos wiith griffe looking mulattoes. What a joke LMAO. You should post examples of Canadian and American mestizos (yes, they exist) and compare them with American biracials and the lighter AAs. That would be the fairest comparison since both have the same type of Euro. But don't cherrypick please. I live in the most diverse city in the world and I already share my personal experience.
    Dude calm down i posted the first 23andme results i found in instagram. The fact that you think its cherrypickied shows that you also think that this random results prove SSA is pretty strong.

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGuys View Post
    Interesting, you are less Euro that I thought and you have much of unassigned ancestry...

I say that you look harnizo-castizo because that was my first impression; if you weren't wrote your ancestry before I saw your 2 pictures, I would think that you are 70% Euro and the rest amerindian
    Interesting you say I look harnizo/castizo. I have posted myself for classification in other boards and 95% people will say I look quadroony or tercerony. They will usually spot me as Caribbean Hispanic too. Outside of the internet is like that too. I don't think I could pass for typical Chilean.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

I feel like mulattos range in skin color from very dark to pale since Africans have very dark skin especially west Africans tho ones Afro-Americans, West Indians, Afro Latinos and recent mixes decend from while Mestizos are usually pale to medium brown, don’t range in as many skin colors regardless if they’re in the darker and more Amerindian side of the spectrum I mean look at me I’m practically the same skin color as a lot of light skin Afro-Americans who are mixed and yet I’m barley European since I think it’s because Amerindian just aren’t as dark as Africans especially West Africans. Compare Indio-Mestizos like Guatemalans and Peruvians who can be 60-70% Amerindians and the rest European at least 30-20% European on average to Jamaicans who are roughly similar on average to European ancestry 30-20% to 60-70%(probably more) African and you’ll see a difference in appearance and that’s that they’re of different European stock which is mainly British, maybe comparing us to Choco Colombians with similar Euro admixture 20-30% from the same euro stock the Spanish

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by samario View Post
    You have a low unassigned compared to me. Do you have recent ancestry in Spain?
    No I don't. My peeps are all from the Dominican countryside. How much unassigned do you have?

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information