Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it somewhat common for mulattos to have hazel/green eyes while rare for mestizos/castizos?

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    I feel like mulattos range in skin color from very dark to pale since Africans have very dark skin especially west Africans tho ones Afro-Americans, West Indians, Afro Latinos and recent mixes decend from while Mestizos are usually pale to medium brown, don’t range in as many skin colors regardless if they’re in the darker and more Amerindian side of the spectrum I mean look at me I’m practically the same skin color as a lot of light skin Afro-Americans who are mixed and yet I’m barley European since I think it’s because Amerindian just aren’t as dark as Africans especially West Africans. Compare Indio-Mestizos like Guatemalans and Peruvians who can be 60-70% Amerindians and the rest European at least 30-20% European on average to Jamaicans who are roughly similar on average to European ancestry 30-20% to 60-70%(probably more) African and you’ll see a difference in appearance and that’s that they’re of different European stock which is mainly British, maybe comparing us to Choco Colombians with similar Euro admixture 20-30% from the same euro stock the Spanish
    its obvious mulattos will be darker than mestizos skin pigmentation wise because blacks are way darker than amerindians. Regarding light eyes/Blond hair i dont know if there is a difference but i do think euro/black mixes look less euro than they are. For example genetic studies have dominican republic as 50-55% euro which is similar to chile yet most people think chile is significantly more european than dominican republic.

Puerto rico another example its super euro in most genetic studies but before genetic studies nobody thought puero rico was more euro than chile.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Basarab Laiota
    Country
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    I2 (Carpathian)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,208
    Given: 1,745

0 Not allowed!

Yes is true, middleman tings

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

1 Not allowed!

You can post a thread comparison Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican and Brazilian balanced mulattos to Mexican, Central American, Peruvian, Colombian, Chilean and Paraguayan balanced mestizos different variations of Amerindian influence with Iberian Stock next to West African influenced mixed with Iberian stock

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    You can post a thread comparison Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican and Brazilian balanced mulattos to Mexican, Central American, Peruvian, Colombian, Chilean and Paraguayan balanced mestizos different variations of Amerindian influence with Iberian Stock next to West African influenced mixed with Iberian stock
    I acutally did 2 examples here. I think i took most from instagram. What would be better IMO is to comapre individuals who are exactly the same like 50/50 euro amerindian 50/50 euro SSA. But that will take a lot of time because its much more specific.

Phenotypes seem to be kind of random so we should do it with at least 5/10 people each

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Chile is like 62%-65% european on average and the DR more like 53%-55%. They're not at the same range. No acomoden sus cosas para su conveniencia. I agree that SSA is strong but not as strong as the cherrypickers here like to make it seem. Native dilutes faster when it comes to skin color complexion but it's still not that easy to go away. I can see clear amerindian features in castizos and especially harnizos. Neither look fully European on average. If that was the case Chile would look like Argentina and we all know that country does not.

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    U
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,022
    Given: 2,705

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    No I don't. My peeps are all from the Dominican countryside. How much unassigned do you have?
    9.4%.

Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Colombian
    Country
    Colombia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    U
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,022
    Given: 2,705

1 Not allowed!

Chile is like 62%-65% european on average and the DR more like 53%-55%. They're not at the same range. No acomoden sus cosas para su conveniencia. I agree that SSA is strong but not as strong as the cherrypickers here like to make it seem. Native dilutes faster when it comes to skin color complexion but it's still not that easy to go away. I can see clear amerindian features in castizos and especially harnizos. Neither look fully European on average. If that was the case Chile would look like Argentina and we all know that country does not.
    Chile is a bit less European on average. 50-55% sounds reasonable.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

1)chile isnt 62-65% european. In genetic studies santiago is around 60% euro and that is the most european chilean region. All the other regions are around 45-55% euro. Chile is more like 55% euro just like dominican republic. I can post a lot of genetic studies if you want. IMO the difrerences is that SSA makes dominicans look darker

2)ii never talked about features. I do think feature wise mestizos look clearly native influenced. look at the 4th mestizo guy in the photo i posted before he looks super NA featurewise. Or the fourth in the second picture. Yes obviously feature wise mestizos look native amerincan influenced and can never pass as whites. I never said so.

3)Let me give you another example everybody think argentina is much more euro than brazil but genetic studies show we are pretty similar in european %

4)I think you are being super defensive regarding this when im just stating what i see in 23andme results + pics. I would like you to seach #23andmeresults in instagram so you can check that i didnt cherrypick and that those pics are the first ones that appear in the search tool (i guess we all get the same results with the same search)

CHILEAN GENETIC STUDIES around 55% euro on average

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Really the only study I’ve seen which was pretty through put Chile at 50-55% European and the rest Amerindian not that far off from Dominican Republic truly balanced countries more or less. Obviously not Amerindian is going to show it’s just that people miss it since Amerindian blends more easily then Afro features(such as hair, nose or lips). Mulatto and Mestizo spectrum can’t come in the same skin, hair and eye color but Afro-Mixtures can be darker then Mestizo mixtures since West Africans are darker then any Amerindian group, notice I’m saying they can be the same skin color both a mestizo and mulatto but some mulattos are darker then any mestizo or even Amerindian since West Africans are darker and that allows for them to have more variation in skin color especially when it comes to having darker skin hence why the term “Black people come in many shades” comes from, I am not saying all mestizos are gonna be pale here.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status