PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Mentality of the Chinese: an explanation needed
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mentality of the Chinese: an explanation needed

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

1 Not allowed!

Question Mentality of the Chinese: an explanation needed

Well, my place has too many degraded indivuduals of various kinds still this video was a shock to me and I'd like to ask if it is really from China and how comes such behaviour is even possible? Why do they behave that way?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

4 Not allowed!

Communistic "mind your own business" mentality perfected to extreme

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    I have to downvote this message because of the utter falseness of it. I can tell because I've lived a bit of my life in late USSR which I guess you'd call a "communist" society and I remember how much more helpful and friendly people used to be then. It's the common opinion in modern Russia.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

"Hordes of incomprehensible rat-eaters with a peculiar political philosophy and a dangerous penchant for narcotic drugs. No one can possibly know what dark and grotesque things pass through the minds of this hydra-headed racial anomaly which is, after all, more like a monstrous colony of flesh-crazed carpenter ants than a nation of rational men. Only a fool would deal with two-legged insects such as these." --PJ O'Rourke

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 06:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,032
    Given: 1,214

1 Not allowed!

What? Isn’t communism supposed to be collectivist? A “mind your own business” mentality would surely be more common in individualist societies rather than collectivist.......... obviously China isn’t communist though, but still....

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    I have to downvote this message because of the utter falseness of it. I can tell because I've lived a bit of my life in late USSR which I guess you'd call a "communist" society and I remember how much more helpful and friendly people used to be then. It's the common opinion in modern Russia.
    I consider Russians still living in the same communist mindset, just a bit worsened by technocracy that's slowly coming from China. I lived in Yugoslavia, both SFR and SR enough to remember there were examples similar behavior (although I've never wintessed so extreme cases). I could see how something less extreme could've happen all due to "mind your business" mentality of communism back in the USSR. The friendliness and helpfulness were more byproduct of the people raised in different manner, be it Christian, Muslim or Jewish (and more people were raised like that even in communism than today), although now many people consider themselves belonging to one of the Abrahamic religions but completely raised in communist manner. I believe this stands true everywhere in Eastern Europe.

I don't have problem with up/down voting, you're free to express your opinion in every possible way.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What? Isn’t communism supposed to be collectivist? A “mind your own business” mentality would surely be more common in individualist societies rather than collectivist.......... obviously China isn’t communist though, but still....
    On paper, yeah. But in reality, if you're being forced into collectivist mindset, chances are you're gonna start to resent it. People generally don't like to be told what to do and what to think, you know.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    No, communism is definitively not collectivism. Just take a good look at the video. Whats the greatest common divisor for all of these people on the street? They probably came from different places, and background (China is huge) so: communist education. Its also interesting that person with least exposure to communism (the collector woman) shown greatest compassion probably because she wasn't exposed to brainwashing they were taught by communistic society.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I consider Russians still living in the same communist mindset, just a bit worsened by technocracy that's slowly coming from China. I lived in Yugoslavia, both SFR and SR enough to remember there were examples similar behavior (although I've never wintessed so extreme cases). I could see how something less extreme could've happen all due to "mind your business" mentality of communism back in the USSR. The friendliness and helpfulness were more byproduct of the people raised in different manner, be it Christian, Muslim or Jewish (and more people were raised like that even in communism than today), although now many people consider themselves belonging to one of the Abrahamic religions but completely raised in communist manner. I believe this stands true everywhere in Eastern Europe.

I don't have problem with up/down voting, you're free to express your opinion in every possible way.
    I don't know what type of "communist mindset" you had there in Yugoslavia, but here it was taught that one should be humane, help his / her comrades and maybe even sacrifice himself / herself if it's needed. These ideas came from the state: from books, films etc. You seem to have missed all this.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    I don't know what type of "communist mindset" you had there in Yugoslavia, but here it was taught that one should be humane, help his / her comrades and maybe even sacrifice himself / herself if it's needed. These ideas came from the state: from books, films etc. You seem to have missed all this.
    Of course, but only when the times were good (for them). As soon it started to collapse they lost their human side. Don't trust me read V. Shalamov - Kolyma Tales to get better impression of the people communism harbored. Fact is, you still live in communism, just rebranded under different name because communism v1.0 failed. The people controlling everything in your country were children/grandchildren of most staunch communists, that survived the catastrophe of the 1990's and were successful in enforcing their modified agenda. The few enlightened elements are dying and being replaced by retardation and degradation of human soul, kindness, empathy and other relevant human values. Ex-Yugoslavian countries outside of EU are no different.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information