R-Z2122
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,702
    Given: 8,964

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reis-i Cumhur View Post
    Dude Most of Eastern Turks don't have turkic ancestry because of this muthafucker and Armenoid Selim.
    Do you know that ?No matter what Shah and Armenoid Selim destroyed Turkic heritage in eastern Anatolia.
    My people removed from anatolia to Iran but thanks to tengri we found the true way and come back to Turkey again.
    Proud Turkish
    I don't care if Eastern Turkey has turkic ancestry or not. I'm not from there and I won't hate them just because they don't.
    Also it was Selim's fault.
    Last edited by Kyp; 01-23-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 06:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
    Honestly i think Azeris from Azerbaijan feel much closer to Caucasians and us compared to Iran
    You mean Northern Azerbaijanis feel closer to Anatolian Turks, Armenians and Georgian than Iranian Azeris? You surely cannot be serious
    Last edited by Negah; 01-23-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp Snow View Post
    Because Iranian identity is based on three things:

1. Persian chauvinism, later got removed for Iranian chauvinism
    2. Iranian chauvinism: includes Azeris, but denies Turkic background. Considers them native Azeri people.
    3. Shia Islam.

Hardcore shia azeris won't have any problems with Iran. They can easily play integral parts in Iran. But if you're not hardcore Shia and care about your mother tongue/culture etc. you'll easily will find yourself alienated by Iran because you're left with Persian/Iranian chauvinism and a regime runned by clerics on top of that (universal issue).
    Republic Azerbaijanis broke most ties with Iranian culture and they'll never look bad, for better or for worse.
    Persian chauvinism? that is Pan Turkic nonsense without any foundations. Let me tell you why. I think the reason Iran under both the Pahlavis and the current region suppressed local languages and identities has 2 primary drivers 1) after world war I Iran attempted to modernize itself in the form of a European country. European countries are modeled based on ethnicity. So Iran a nation that has existed for over 2000 years made a feeble attempt to model itself the same. The leaders of Iran know it has failed in some regions while it succeeded in some. So today Gilakis, Mazandarnis, Lurs, Bakhtiari, etc all identify as Persians. With some other groups, it has yielded some animosity and tension. it failed

The 2nd factor for these policies was that the outsiders namely Russia, Britain and today the USA attempt tp weaken Iran by exploring its minority groups. Iran cannot allow these movements to weaken the central government so stupidly Iran is paranoid and they suppress them

So it is really not chauvinism that has led to these policies, there is more to it as you can see.

The other issue for Northern Azerbaijanis is that the clerical regime is not appealing to them. Azerbaijan was under Soviet rule for 200 years and it is rather secular and not religious.
    Last edited by Negah; 01-23-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reis-i Cumhur View Post
    Dude Most of Eastern Turks don't have turkic ancestry because of this muthafucker and Armenoid Selim.
    Do you know that ?No matter what Shah and Armenoid Selim destroyed Turkic heritage in eastern Anatolia.
    My people removed from anatolia to Iran but thanks to tengri we found the true way and come back to Turkey again.
    Proud Turkish
    I have no idea what you have written here.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    German/Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R-Z2122
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,702
    Given: 8,964

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Negah View Post
    Persian chauvinism? that is Pan Turkic nonsense without any foundations. Let me tell you why. I think the reason Iran both the Pahalavis and current region suppressed local languages and identities has 2 primary drivers 1) after world war I Iran attempted to modernize itself in the form of a European country. European countries are modeled based on ethnicity. So Iran a nation that has existed for over 2000 years made a feeble attempt to model itself the same. The leaders of Iran know it has failed in some regions while it succeeds in some. So today Gilakis, Mazandarnis, Lurs, Bakhtiari, etc all identify as Persians. With some other groups, it has yielded some animosity and tension.

The 2nd factor for these policies was that the outsiders namely Russia, Britain and today the USA attempt tp weaken Iran by exploring its minority groups. Iran cannot allow these movements to weaken the central government so stupidly Iran is paranoid and they suppress them

So it is really not chauvinism that has led to these policies, there is more to it as you can see.

The other issue for Northern Azerbaijanis is that the clerical regime is not appealing to them. Azerbaijan was under Soviet rule for 200 years and it is rather secular and not religious.
    Isn't this a form of chauvinism? It confirms my point. I'm not a supporter of any Pan-idealistic movements. I just want more language rights for Azeris. The rest is up in the stars. Current situation isn't ideal regardless of ethnicity/region.

Last Online
    08-11-2020 @ 05:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    asd
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 660
    Given: 656

0 Not allowed!

Ice

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp Snow View Post
    Isn't this a form of chauvinism? It confirms my point. I'm not a supporter of any Pan-idealistic movements. I just want more language rights for Azeris. The rest is up in the stars. Current regime isn't ideal regardless of ethnicity/region.
    Persian was the lingua franca of the region for over 1300 years. Northern Azerbaijan is home to great Persian poets such as Nizami Ganjavi, Khaqani, etc reflecting that Persian was the language that was embraced by many groups and it was the language that connected people of the region. Then the adoption of Persian made sense, and it was not enforced and adopted due chauvinism. It was a logical move. But other policies were erroneous. The bigger question is how do you make a transition without breaking the country apart.

As I said I certainly don't support these policies, but I don't think chauvinism is the proper word for the current predicament
    Last edited by Negah; 01-23-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaTekin View Post
    What is the purpose of this idiotic, anti-intellectual post? Every ruler from that age killed a lot of people. That is not how you measure a person like SHAH ISMAIL.

The truth is that he is universally considered by historians as a great leader nothing can change or alter that.

You have the intellectual integrity of an infant

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2020 @ 06:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Hero
    Kayzer Wilhem II, Liman Von Sanders, Colmar Freiherr Von Der Goltz
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

There are historical records about his ancestry. You have "Al Kurdi" when you dig some generations back in time. He was a sick person eliminating his own mother. Pretty much like Apricity German Skinheads preferring Poles over Prussians.
    İsmail is the symbol of modern Iran, rather than Azerbaijan which is Akkoyunlu revivalist state of Uzun Hasan and founded by Young Turks in 1918. Azerbaijan is more of Nadir Shah and Uzun Hasan. Iran, banana Islamic Republic is from Ismail.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    There are historical records about his ancestry. You have "Al Kurdi" when you dig some generations back in time. He was a sick person eliminating his own mother. Pretty much like Apricity German Skinheads preferring Poles over Prussians.
    İsmail is the symbol of modern Iran, rather than Azerbaijan which is Akkoyunlu revivalist state of Uzun Hasan and founded by Young Turks in 1918. Azerbaijan is more of Nadir Shah and Uzun Hasan. Iran, banana Islamic Republic is from Ismail.
    You may think gibberish is covert nonsense talk or something a 2-month-old infant might say, but, in reality, it is a "secret language" used by some either for secrecy or just for kicks. If you want to join the conversation, listen (and read!) up.

This post by Heaven is in gibberish, not English.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information