Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,540
    Given: 28,978

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    Thanks for passing along those studies. That seems to make sense. In America, perhaps because of our Euromuttness, you get families with where siblings have different eye and hair color. That happens other places but is esp true in America. I have hazel eyes and my sibling has light blue with much lighter hair (same parents).
    That's common in many families including Irish where siblings can have different eye and hair colours. In fact you don't get many families that don't have that.

This is an Irish family but notice how the red hair crops up even when parents don't have it.

Anyway this is common in Irish families children with different hair and eye colours.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildofMud View Post
    In Spain, red hair was associated with Jews and heavily discriminated against. There was a negative selective process against it, so it doesn't surprise me, but it's still there. It will show up in men's beards or as auburn instead of proper red.
    What did you think of my examples? The second vid is another festival, more local and less touristy. It has many crowds. I think it shows the native phenotypes quite well.Mostly med, but not a strong looking as other places with beige to pale skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. There were a few blue eyed examples, and a few blondes, with the blondes leaning more to golden brown or dirty blonde rather than proper blonde.
    Proper blond being ash/light blond?
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

1 Not allowed!

Yeah, I have a few blondes in my family. They don't look northern. They look/ed like Spanish people with blondish hair. It's just the way it is. (all said members are 100% spanish from my father's side of the family).
    I too have 5 redhead relatives from my mother's side. And in my school, there were 4 redhead students and two redhead teachers (these teachers were temporary)
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Where have you been for the last 10 years? That old furphy has long passed it's use by date. Do some research or possibly someone else can fill you in. I'll just leave you with Ancestry's DNA plot which is the quickest way to give an idea of what populations are related to each other.

This PCA can confuse a lot, Northern Italians would be on a parallel branch, aside of Iberians, but less West shifted.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Spain has Nordics of course, but these examples you provided up there seem like depigmented types of some sort, even almost albino-like. They don't look like natural Nordics found up north, if that makes sense. Something is off about their features. Only this guy looked 'normal' and similar to other redheaded Nordics:

Cristiano Viejo usually posts 'light' Spaniards that are North Atlantid or Noric, but they at least look 'normal' and similar to the Spaniard above and the guy below (you can at least post these types):

Spoiler!

Amazing how people of certain ethnicity can range from the ones in your post, to this handsomeness:

Spoiler!

And of course, the latter type looks far better for me.
    makes sense to me - none of them are Nordic

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

Last Online
    06-18-2021 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Spain for the last millenia.
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,391
    Given: 487

0 Not allowed!

What's the average Spanish look though? Not extremes but what most Spaniards look like? This is why people need to post crowds or teams with a few people so that it is more representative of what a population does actually look like.

People should also give google links then there is not likely to be misrepresentation.
    The average looking Spaniards should be those that look like Fernando Alonso or Carlos Sainz (the drivers). But, there is no one look that represents all. We are not like an asian country in which 99% of them look basically the same.

Here is a short video of a Cider festival of Asturias, Spain. A northern province with about 4% NA component. Although there are plenty of foreign (including British Tourists) faces, you can gauge the average look because most attendees are locals.
    There is no "NA component" in Spain. It is just a label to represent ancient caucasoid blood. In fact, the places where that "NA" peaks are preciselly where there were zero NA living in the last 3000 years: Galicia and Asturias. And the less is Andalucía.

It is like the Red Sea or NorthEastAfrica that most Europeans have: an ancient label that shows common ancestry and nothing else. And the NA component exist also in the rest of Europe (in the 1-2% range), but as studies like to compare NA component between Spain and Morocco people get the idea that it has to do with the 711 invasion. If they put more Euro countries they will see that it is just a label that does not mean mixing but common ancient ancestry.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes but they appear to have less red hair genes than other populations. Just look at Udmurts for example re geography.
    2 Spanish brothers from Madrid. Redheads are a tiny minority in all countries but they exist here and there:

Quote Originally Posted by Samnium View Post
    No.

There are lot of redheads in Northern Italy, especially in Lombardy, Piedmonte, Aosta, Trentino Alto-Adige. I've said that on another thread but I have a redhead cousin who's 25% piedmontese and his piedmontese side as lot of ginger genes.

I think that real frequence of redheads in Spain would be restricted to some peculiar areas.
    Like in France. Redheads in France would be restricted to some peculiar areas.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don´t get mistaken. It is obvious that we Spaniards have a different facial expression than people in the north (we have a more friendly expression in our faces and eyes than those cold looks from the north), so that is what maybe makes you think they look to you to unfamiliar with northern people. If you look at them (I could have posted thousands more) all of them have obvious nordid/germanid inputs. Just look at their noses or general facial structure. They are not just depigmented people. A blond and blue eyed despite non looking northern has obviously received germanic genes.

By the way, the dark Spaniard you posted, Albiol, while being in the more extreme dark side, his looks with normal light conditions (and without that moorish beard) is quite normal for southern Europe:

http://www.ciberche.net/histoche/jugador?player=32

Dark constrast pictures and dark haired people with beard make them appear more ethnic than what they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Spain has Nordics of course, but these examples you provided up there seem like depigmented types of some sort, even almost albino-like. They don't look like natural Nordics found up north, if that makes sense. Something is off about their features. Only this guy looked 'normal' and similar to other redheaded Nordics:

Cristiano Viejo usually posts 'light' Spaniards that are North Atlantid or Noric, but they at least look 'normal' and similar to the Spaniard above and the guy below (you can at least post these types):

Spoiler!

Amazing how people of certain ethnicity can range from the ones in your post, to this handsomeness:

Spoiler!

And of course, the latter type looks far better for me.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    makes sense to me - none of them are Nordic
    LOL. So, 95% of the people of England are not nordic either. Can you post a proper nordic from your country?

According to your criteria Boris Johnson is not nordic either, but just a depigmented atlanto-med, right?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gota_type_ View Post
    The average looking Spaniards should be those that look like Fernando Alonso or Carlos Sainz (the drivers). But, there is no one look that represents all. We are not like an asian country in which 99% of them look basically the same.

There is no "NA component" in Spain. It is just a label to represent ancient caucasoid blood. In fact, the places where that "NA" peaks are preciselly where there were zero NA living in the last 3000 years: Galicia and Asturias. And the less is Andalucía.

It is like the Red Sea or NorthEastAfrica that most Europeans have: an ancient label that shows common ancestry and nothing else. And the NA component exist also in the rest of Europe (in the 1-2% range), but as studies like to compare NA component between Spain and Morocco people get the idea that it has to do with the 711 invasion. If they put more Euro countries they will see that it is just a label that does not mean mixing but common ancient ancestry.
    :sigh:

Bro, just accept it. There was a paper that came out last year, quite detailed, which explained it all. Maybe Grace O' will link you to the study. If it makes you feel better, it's not nearly as much as people thought, it came in a succession of waves, we still don't cluster anywhere near them, and it probably has nothing (or very little) to do with how we look. But no, there is no "ancient NA component." Outside of a few outliers, NA started arriving in the SE during Carthage. NA is not native to the Iberian peninsula. It's just not.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information