Basil II the Bulgar Slayer
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 17

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    "Macedonian History, Is There A Relationship Between the Macedonians of Alexander the Great and the Modern Bulgarians?"

Let me remind you what you have signed,just in case you forgot.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kefalonitis View Post

Let me remind you what you have signed,just in case you forgot.
    Yes, thanks for the reminder. You recognized the Macedonian ethnicity and language. Good job.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,923
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Yes, thanks for the reminder. You recognized the Macedonian ethnicity and language. Good job.
    You also signed off that you are not related to Macedonia. So basically you signed off that you are LARPers.. providing you are happy with it.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    You also signed off that you are not related to Macedonia. So basically you signed off that you are LARPers.. providing you are happy with it.
    Not related? The country name is Macedonia with a geographic qualifier. You recognized that the only ethnicity known as Macedonians are us, and that we speak Macedonian. As for LARPing, you Vlachs and Karakachans are masters at it. Without your own state, you LARP your neighbors

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,923
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Not related? The country name is Macedonia with a geographic qualifier. You recognized that the only ethnicity known as Macedonians are us, and that we speak Macedonian. As for LARPing, you Vlachs and Karakachans are masters at it. Without your own state, you LARP your neighbors
    Don't blame me - I didnt sign it. You guys signed it Article 7(4) specifies you are not related to Macedonia and you guys signed it. The agreement specifies you are LARPers.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't blame me - I didnt sign it. You guys signed it Article 7(4) specifies you are not related to Macedonia and you guys signed it. The agreement specifies you are LARPers.
    Lol, lucky for Tsipras then. Macedonia remains on the map. Lap it up.

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

No one can sign of on anything if you ask me. Nor can they become ancient Macedonians if some Greek minister hypothetically would sign a form of consent on a treaty. Either the claim is historically true or it isn't. And the answer to that is that the people of North Macedonia are NOT be descendants of ancient Macedonians as the area does not even constitute the habitat of ancient Macedonians. Nor were there people identifying as Macedonians when the Slavs arrived in the region. Consider that the people of North Macedonia have no consciousness whatsoever of being Paeonians or Dardanians. Given that the ancient Macedonains are even further detached from that region one can only conclude that the connection is entirely artificial.

And I am saying this with the conviction that it would be to Greece's advantage if they actually were largely sclavinized Ancient Macedonians. That would be great. A part of our kin, the ones responsible for spreading Hellenism, having developed a different consciousness. That would be wonderful.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    No one can sign of on anything if you ask me. Nor can they become ancient Macedonians if some Greek minister hypothetically would sign a form of consent on a treaty. Either the claim is historically true or it isn't. And the answer to that is that the people of North Macedonia are NOT be descendants of ancient Macedonians as the area does not even constitute the habitat of ancient Macedonians. Nor were there people identifying as Macedonians when the Slavs arrived in the region. Consider that the people of North Macedonia have no consciousness whatsoever of being Paeonians or Dardanians. Given that the ancient Macedonains are even further detached from that region one can only conclude that the connection is entirely artificial.

And I am saying this with the conviction that it would be to Greece's advantage if they actually were largely sclavinized Ancient Macedonians. That would be great. A part of our kin, the ones responsible for spreading Hellenism, having developed a different consciousness. That would be wonderful.
    What about the slavophones from Pelagonia to the Aegean sea? Do they have any connection?

Last Online
    11-30-2022 @ 09:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

What about the slavophones from Pelagonia to the Aegean sea? Do they have any connection?
    I would assume that they do have a biological connection to the Ancient peoples pre-existing in those areas. But mind you, I am going to split hairs and note that Pelagonia was inhabited by Molossian Greeks. Inevitably some other slavophones are indeed inhabiting the area which was inhabited by Ancient Macedonians. Remember that some Slavophones migrated to the Aegean region even as late as during the Ottoman Empire. Some usually look more Slavonic than many of their counterparts in North Macedonia, but surely they must have some degree local ancient Macedonian ancestry. Yet, due to the fact that they found themselves in a different cultural mainframe, historical coincidence forced them to take an anti-Hellenic stance. Even though they may indeed have a degree of Ancient Greek ancestry.

In short, I would simply argue that the Macedonian Slavs also have a Greek biological element. It is not the dominant one however. Nevertheless, Paeonians were also probably not very different from Greeks I suspect. It is more a matter of historical accuracy that most Macedonian Slavs can not be largely Ancient Macedonians linea recta.

Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 11:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Northeastern Bulgarian, Southeastern Thracian Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    European, Mediteranean
    Politics
    Democratic, Proeuropean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 300

1 Not allowed!

One thing is for sure: the pre-slavic Balkan native population played huge role for the genetic contribution of Bulgarian and North Macedonians especially. I think its obvious from mere look... The preslavic population probably has the biggest contribution. However I think that both nations are genetically very similar: there is the Slavic element, Bulgar element (least significant I would say) and the Thracian element... I would say Thracians were most prominent, judging from the location of both BG and MAC: in the Macedonian case: the Peonians. I would say that ancient Macedonian ethnic contribution cant be ruled out, but it probably was not that significant. The Macedonians, even if we could speculate they haven't started as totally Greek (whatever that meant at the time), by the time of Alexander were totally Hellenized.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information