Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On psychological level who are Bosniaks closer to? Croats, Serbs or Albanians?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,618
    Given: 4,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    On a psychological level Albanians, because like Albanians they view themselves as pretty unique. Bosniaks don't really have close relations with other slavic nations aside from the small Muslim slavic groups in the Balkans. And like Albanians often claim to be paleo-balkan people (but unlike in the case of Albanians it isn't true). In terms of genetic identity it is clear to me they're by in large Islamized southern Croats, aside from the ones in the east of Bosnia. But they have their own identity now which should be respected.
    Bosniaks on average are genetically the closest to Serbs

Before Yugo communist period when Bosniaks are europized they were culturally closer to Turks and Arabs than Croatians.

Šeher Sarajevo in 1941, look like Middle East or Anatolia. Since 3:45 are Serbs from Ilijaš near Sarajevo (minus 2 Gypsy musicians), you can see how their faces are more European than Muslim/Bosniak from video.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post

Before Yugo communist period when Bosniaks are europized they were culturally closer to Turks and Arabs than Croatians.

Šeher Sarajevo in 1941, look like Middle East or Anatolia. Since 3:45 are Serbs from Ilijaš near Sarajevo (minus 2 Gypsy musicians), you can see how their faces are more European than Muslim/Bosniak from video.
    They are closer to Serbs if you take national averages that is true. But Croatia is super heterogenous and that average I'm guessing includes NW Croats. On an individual level Bosniaks are closer to Southern Croats than any Serb group and you can see this on Vahaduo. Plenty of Bosniaks I've seen easily score mid 30s in Baltic level, something you won't find among Serbs in any decent number.

Culturally they are of course more similar to Turks and I'm sure its their favorite country.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They are closer to Serbs if you take national averages that is true. But Croatia is super heterogenous and that average I'm guessing includes NW Croats. On an individual level Bosniaks are closer to Southern Croats than any Serb group and you can see this on Vahaduo. Plenty of Bosniaks I've seen easily score mid 30s in Baltic level, something you won't find among Serbs in any decent number.

Culturally they are of course more similar to Turks and I'm sure its their favorite country.
    Have you seen these regional averages for Serbs? https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...utosomal-DNA-2

Bosniaks on Vahaduo on average are 32.47 Baltic, and it's close to Bosnia proper Serbs and Bosanska Krajina Serbs. Sandžakians are 24.59 Baltic on Vahaduo.

Ironically, europization of Bosniaks happened in communist Yugoslavia. Not in Austro-Hungary and kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bosniak newer music

Bosniak traditional music

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,471
    Given: 1,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post

This average is from the academic samples from Sarajevo and Zavidovici.

Bosniaks on Gedmatch from the same region are very different:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...43#post7177443

They are more Slavic than Southern Croats, they are as Slavic as Slovenians, maybe even a bit more.
    Their pre-Slavic part is different from the southern Croats (even from Bosnian Croats from the same region), and similar to the pre-Slavic population of Serbs.

I think it's a difference between rural and urban Bosniaks.
    In that study they must've tested urban Bosniaks, older families from Sarajevo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information