View Poll Results: Where do Kurds pass best?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iraq

7 26.92%
  • Iran

14 53.85%
  • Turkey

7 26.92%
  • Afghanistan

5 19.23%
  • Armenia

2 7.69%
  • Med Islands

0 0%
  • Syria/Lebanon

2 7.69%
  • Palestine/Jordan

1 3.85%
  • Azerbaijan

4 15.38%
  • Saudi Arabia

0 0%
  • North Africa

1 3.85%
  • Pakistan

6 23.08%
  • Turkmenistan

2 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurds: State main phenotypes (and where they pass)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Good job posting a variety of kurds and not just the ones from turkey as I often see. To me kurds are varied enough where they can pass in most of the places you noted with highest overlap in Iran but many can easily pass as various Turks and in Turkmenistan and even Uzbekistan.

The diversity is a reflection of all the genetic inputs to Kurds from Medes Parthians Mesopotamians Zagrosians Caucasians and Turkics
    From MY EXPERIENCE and IMO, Iranian Kurds don't have much overlap with Iranian Turkmens. I have lived in both regions. I think I am more KNOWLEDGEABLE than anybody here. Including the Kurds because most Kurds have no knowledge about the TURKMENS. NO WHITE Washing here FYI. But just stating the facts from a person who has been to both regions. The overlap is some but not significant.

Also, KURDS are not a cohesive group or for that matter, THEY ARE NOT a real ethic group. In Iran, itself Kurds speak 4 different languages that are not intelligible to each other. There is a reason why there has never been a KURDISH country because KURDS do not constitute an ethnicity in the modern sense; however, they are moving in that direction.
    Last edited by Negah; 02-02-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelati View Post
    Why are you offended?

To me, Kurds can pass individually in any of these countries (just the same way even some Assyrians can as well). I'm sorry for not providing 'whiter' countries there like Georgia and Greece instead. But I'm sure that it wouldn't be "troll bait" if I included such countries.

No, Kurds don't always best pass as Kurds. You're not a pure ethnic snowflake untouched and unmatched by your neighbours. You can pass elsewhere as well. My people included, as well as Turks, Azeris, Greeks and Mongolians....

P.S. A few Kurds definitely can pass as 'light' Pakistanis to me. You're just hard-pressed because Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are 'dark' countries. Just typical OWD mindset.

Here are Kurds that can easily pass in Pakistan:

I was not "allowed" to post Kurds before because one longtime OWD troll here had panic attacks when his people were displayed as extremely woggy. And I actually fairly included all types of Kurds, from light to dark. But the dark ones gave him brain aneurysms and they were said to be "probably Gypsy-mixed". Lmao. I was even convinced by that dumb idea. Nah, they are all true blue Kurds. And it's not a bad thing. But people love to call you a troll for including their darker types, and get panic attacks about it.

And now, yet again, we are still policed and educated on how Kurds look (despite the immense images of them on the net), where one user here even posted a list of cherrypicked lighter Kurdish soldiers yet again (sorry Meson, but what was the point of posting those CM, Nordid influenced types?). Looks like the spirit of this troll still lives on in some of the people here I guess. Pretty scary.
    only these two can , rest no way
    he can pass in Punjab

he can pass as pashtun

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Negah View Post
    Dude nobody was offended, I am not even Kurd. Furthermore, I sure don't try to whitewash any group or anyone. Show me one instance of that.

Obviously, you don't seem to comprehend my intention. Again I stated Kurds look Like Kurds, there is no whitewashing them, that is just a fact. That is my opinion. I can state my opinions without you becoming sensitive. It is you who got sensitive because I stated my opinion. In addition, I simply stated these types of threads are stupid. Because it invites trolls.

I think the sensitivity on your part indicates you have some agenda where I don't have any agenda.

If you really believe Kurds and tribal Saudis overlap then you and i disagree. It is that simple. You are the one that needs to attack me. I did not attack. There is no intent of whitewashing the Kurds that is just my opinion.

BTW most of these Kurds that you posted don't look Pakistan IMO.
    i dont think he has an agenda , he has never tried to distance assyrians from any non european population.

the reason I quoted you was because of word "Shock", I mean addition of saudi arabia just to fill 10 spaces might be a "shock" for a inner mena anthrofora clique that is well versed with diveristy of the region, but it is not a "shock" for most of rest 7 billion world, i am talking from an outsiders perspective

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 08:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,449
    Given: 2,385

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    They pass best in Iran, Azerbaijan, and Turkey imo. Secondary passability would be Armenia, Georgia(idk why they never get included in these debates), Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.
    Really? Which ones in the OP do you think can pass in Armenia/Georgia?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

1 Not allowed!

Here are Kurds that can easily pass in Pakistan:
    All of them except one have the same skull structure as any other Iranid type despite the dark hair color.

Pakistan is ethnically not a established country, one can pass a nordid to a negroid in Pakistan similar to Brazil. Its a large and diverse country.

Your logic failed miserably.

sorry Meson, but what was the point of posting those CM, Nordid influenced types
    Because you intentionally avoided that very existent type.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Negah View Post
    From MY EXPERIENCE and IMO, Iranian Kurds don't have much overlap with Iranian Turkmens. I have lived in both regions. I think I am more KNOWLEDGEABLE than anybody here. Including the Kurds because most Kurds have no knowledge about the TURKMENS. NO WHITE Washing here FYI. But just stating the facts from a person who has been to both regions. The overlap is some but not significant.

Also, KURDS are not a cohesive group or for that matter, THEY ARE NOT a real ethic group. In Iran, itself Kurds speak 4 different languages are not intelligible to each other. There is a reason why there has never been a KURDISH country because KURDS do not constitute an ethnicity in the modern sense; however, they are moving in that direction.
    I would have to disagree a bit. I am quarter Kurd myself(maternal), I know how strong sense of Kurdish nationalism most Kurds have these days and its only growing.

Last Online
    09-08-2023 @ 05:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Oghuz turk+caucasian
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid+Pontid
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk,Hulusi Akar Pasha,Eşref Bitlis,Necip Hablemitoğlu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 325

0 Not allowed!

They look pretty much Mesopotamian zombies.
    They can not even pass as an Armenian
    Edit:I have changed my mind They look iranian for sure.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 492
    Given: 741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meson View Post
    I would have to disagree a bit. I am quarter Kurd myself(maternal), I know how strong sense of Kurdish nationalism most Kurds have these days and its only growing.
    As I stated there signs that it is moving in that direction mainly in Iraq and perhaps Syria. In Turkey and Iran, they are other factors playing. Mainly two powerful united nations with strong military forces, large Kurdish communities in non-Kurdish cities and Kurdish regional economy dependent on the central states.

But Kurdish unity or coalition is not here and it may never come into fruition, if it ever does it will change the map of the region dramatically.
    Last edited by Negah; 02-02-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigranes View Post
    Really? Which ones in the OP do you think can pass in Armenia/Georgia?
    Hard to pick em out but there are individuals in these photos who wouldn't stick out much further north though obviously as a group they look distinct.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reis-i Cumhur View Post
    They look pretty much Mesopotamian zombies.
    They can not even pass as an Armenian
    Edit:I have changed my mind They look iranian for sure.
    As a group they look distinct to Armenians or Turks for sure.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information