South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

Default Feeling completely lost and confused

These days it’s incredibly difficult to enjoy anything because in the back of my mind I know there is something I should probably be doing. It might be seeking further education, it might be researching career opportunities, or deciding to start a new fitness plan. I can easily do the last but stress from the first two keeps me from accomplishing it. I eat to ease the stress from the rest of my life.

I don’t know where to go from here I’m done with college but have zero plans from here on out. I think I’ve just made too many mistakes in the past and if I had known better I would’ve taken a different course of action. I guess I’m afraid to think about the future because I have an idea of what it holds for me, and it’s not good. I have a feeling I may end up living in a cheap apartment with drug addicts because I’m so poor and pathetic that I have nothing else, no career no job to support me.

Any advice

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    These days it’s incredibly difficult to enjoy anything because in the back of my mind I know there is something I should probably be doing. It might be seeking further education, it might be researching career opportunities, or deciding to start a new fitness plan. I can easily do the last but stress from the first two keeps me from accomplishing it. I eat to ease the stress from the rest of my life.

I don’t know where to go from here I’m done with college but have zero plans from here on out. I think I’ve just made too many mistakes in the past and if I had known better I would’ve taken a different course of action. I guess I’m afraid to think about the future because I have an idea of what it holds for me, and it’s not good. I have a feeling I may end up living in a cheap apartment with drug addicts because I’m so poor and pathetic that I have nothing else, no career no job to support me.

Any advice
    just go and do something you enjoy.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

0 Not allowed!

Personally I would not do any further education at your age. you should just get a job at this point and make money.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-15-2020 @ 04:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ural Altai
    Ethnicity
    Tatar
    Ancestry
    Asia
    Country
    Mongolia
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z93-F2935
    mtDNA
    K1a1
    Taxonomy
    Aveloid
    Politics
    Owning a Subaru
    Hero
    The Mad Baron
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Ganimet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 128

1 Not allowed!

spend less time on TA

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 06:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,384
    Given: 296

1 Not allowed!

You are very lucky.
    You start from zero, so a failure will mean nothing.
    My advice is DO something, anything: get any job, move, travel, join a association, or choose a subject or skill and study it well.
    Avoid internet, phone, video games, Netflix, drugs, addictions in general.
    1) Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.
    2) These are not races, just examples of possible variants. Have fun with them but don’t take it seriously.
    3) No one is a Steppe Warrior or a Hunter Gatherer. Stop Frowning in your selfies to look badass, looks like you are taking a s*it.
    4) We are all WC: Westernized Consumers.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

3 Not allowed!

get off from online forums and internet, they cause useless stress if one is not thick skin

I had a similar phase when i had such depressive thoughts and it was than when nothing was happening I got addicted to internet.

mine was when i did my undergraduate , i wanted to pursue further education abroad but there was huge peer pressure to find a job and make a career in industry , add to this wrong selection of only ambitious unis for graduate school resulted in lots of rejections , that can cause lot more stress.

What I did was find a job in powerplant away from city , i worked there as a shift engineer and there was no internet available there, during these times I modified my plan and set more realistic goals and small steps. This is panned out well and now i am in much better position.

weaning off these online forums is my next target , but continous trolling and counter trolling and defending ones ethnicity keep me attached to them but its useless waste of time , these are endless circles , i bet even after 20 years people will be discussing same things.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    German/Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R-Z2122
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,702
    Given: 8,964

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfcypriot View Post
    just go and do something you enjoy.
    +1
    most important thing in life. You could die by accident any day.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Any advice
    What did you study?

Last Online
    03-05-2021 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jutt
    Ethnicity
    punjabi
    Ancestry
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Politics
    Suffering from success
    Religion
    dudeism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 162

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lameduck View Post
    get off from online forums and internet, they cause useless stress if one is not thick skin

I had a similar phase when i had such depressive thoughts and it was than when nothing was happening I got addicted to internet.

mine was when i did my undergraduate , i wanted to pursue further education abroad but there was huge peer pressure to find a job and make a career in industry , add to this wrong selection of only ambitious unis for graduate school resulted in lots of rejections , that can cause lot more stress.

What I did was find a job in powerplant away from city , i worked there as a shift engineer and there was no internet available there, during these times I modified my plan and set more realistic goals and small steps. This is panned out well and now i am in much better position.

weaning off these online forums is my next target , but continous trolling and counter trolling and defending ones ethnicity keep me attached to them but its useless waste of time , these are endless circles , i bet even after 20 years people will be discussing same things.
    finally we agreed on something, Hope to not see you anytime soon
    I don't ave any other branch then this account

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    What did you study?
    my basic field of study is electrical engineering but my field of interest is robotics and control in general, so in my masters i want to narrow down on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information