Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do some SE and Irish have wavy/curly hair?(Serious question not trolling)

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 01:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,039
    Given: 996

1 Not allowed!

I don't think OP is trolling, most people I come across on the streets are straight haired. "Whites" here are also straight haired since they are highly mixed with natives and those who doesn't have straight hair (women mainly) usually straighten it. What about men? Most mestizos are straight haired, those on castizo range as most men have short hair (sometimes you will only perceive it is wavy if it is medium sized)

So it is not american influence at all, more likely Mestizo Hispanic than anything, I believe most white Americans are wavy haired even

Det Nordiske Råd™approved Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of SNPA"

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    nordish
    Ethnicity
    american
    Taxonomy
    homo sapiens nordensis
    Politics
    reality>reason>rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,657
    Given: 6,692

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    70% European (Pred. Iberian, 1/16 Italian), 13% Native American, 12% SSA, and 5% MENA
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    "Castizo": Alpinid + Med + Minor Amazonid
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Peter Parker, Luke Skywalker, MLK
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,844
    Given: 5,100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtíbero Itálico View Post
    4 grandparents are europeans, so yes i think she is at least around 85% genetically european and the rest MENA. I'm not supremacist so if you mainly have european, jewish or maronite ancestry, you are white.
    Oye hermano, what would be majority for you? around 80%?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,904
    Given: 4,896

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixdguy17 View Post
    Oye hermano, what would be majority for you? around 80%?
    I think if you have a considerable amount of an specific ancestry, you belong to it legitimately. Majority IMO would be 3/4 of something, independently of what the 1/4 is.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    70% European (Pred. Iberian, 1/16 Italian), 13% Native American, 12% SSA, and 5% MENA
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think if you have a considerable amount of an specific ancestry, you belong to it legitimately. Majority IMO would be 3/4 of something, independently of what the 1/4 is.
    yeah i guess thats risky territory. idk man, 1/4 to me honestly is a good chunk of dna

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

yeah i guess thats risky territory. idk man, 1/4 to me honestly is a good chunk of dna
    Indeed it is, 25% means a entire grandfather or grandmother. What i want to know if your iberian part is from the northwest, i feel alone with a lot of basques, castillians and andalusians in this forum hahaha.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Indeed it is, 25% means a entire grandfather or grandmother. What i want to know if your iberian part is from the northwest, i feel alone with a lot of basques, castillians and andalusians in this forum hahaha.
    Jajajajaj man when it comes to my iberian ancestry, i have 0 clue where it comes from, by logic you would know it was gonna show up, i mean every latin has iberian ancestry, but i wasn't expecting it to be that much, so i was more than surprised when it was 50% of my European ancestry. I've been told by one guy that i would fit in the canary islands, but i looked up the phenotype and honestly i do not feel like it looks too much like me ? idk i am unfamiliar with Iberian phenotypes in general tbh so i am clueless to this thing jajaja, but since my skin, eyes and hair are light you would think people would fit me more in the north, its so curious. At least you wont have to feel alone to the Venezuelan department, i am here with you brother, i feel like i am the only one of us three with no connection or recent lineage to Spain xdxd

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Jajajajaj man when it comes to my iberian ancestry, i have 0 clue where it comes from, by logic you would know it was gonna show up, i mean every latin has iberian ancestry, but i wasn't expecting it to be that much, so i was more than surprised when it was 50% of my European ancestry. I've been told by one guy that i would fit in the canary islands, but i looked up the phenotype and honestly i do not feel like it looks too much like me ? idk i am unfamiliar with Iberian phenotypes in general tbh so i am clueless to this thing jajaja, but since my skin, eyes and hair are light you would think people would fit me more in the north, its so curious. At least you wont have to feel alone to the Venezuelan department, i am here with you brother, i feel like i am the only one of us three with no connection or recent lineage to Spain xdxd
    You could pass better in the peninsula, you have a galician vibe IMO, actually a strong vibe. When i saw your results, reading it carefully i remember i told you that you have a bit traces that can someone say that you have galician blood. You must know how canarians looks, our country is FULL of them, literally FULL. Half of them look like a regular spaniard and the other half look a bit dark cause of guanche blood. You don't seem to be the case.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You could pass better in the peninsula, you have a galician vibe IMO, actually a strong vibe. When i saw your results, reading it carefully i remember i told you that you have a bit traces that can someone say that you have galician blood. You must know how canarians looks, our country is FULL of them, literally FULL. Half of them look like a regular spaniard and the other half look a bit dark cause of guanche blood. You don't seem to be the case.
    Thats very true!, most of the spanish imigration to venezuela was canarian. I just think that when i could truly observe people back then, i didnt really think about it,, Ive been out of the country for a while now. But could u give me like an example of what like an average galician and canarian would look like? i am just really clueless as of what phenotypes are in there, as in spain it varies a lot as well. Wish i could find out about my spanish side since, I've discovered most about my italian side, and even on that i am still on the dark lol.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thats very true!, most of the spanish imigration to venezuela was canarian. I just think that when i could truly observe people back then, i didnt really think about it,, Ive been out of the country for a while now. But could u give me like an example of what like an average galician and canarian would look like? i am just really clueless as of what phenotypes are in there, as in spain it varies a lot as well. Wish i could find out about my spanish side since, I've discovered most about my italian side, and even on that i am still on the dark lol.
    The best example of canarian is our Francisco de Miranda, which was considered a inferior in the racial category of the spanish colonist, his category was known as Blanco de Orilla.

He looks mainly iberian or criollo, but it's almost confirmed that he had guanche ancestry.

A modern example is this:

Aythami Artiles

But like i said, they can look like this too (Fully iberian):

Galicians/Portugueses doesn't necesarelly look different from the rest of the peninsula, but this phenotypes are more common:

Glagys Seara, venezuelan of mainly or fully galician ancestry (This look is common in Galicia)

Great footballer Iago Aspas

As you can see there is a strong Alpine influence in northwestern iberians, they have the highest Cephalic index.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information