Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,925
    Given: 58,632

0 Not allowed!

Default The Rig Veda describes a fair king of the gods

The Rig Veda/Mandala 3/Hymn 32

Translated by Ralph T.H. Griffith
    1. DRINK thou this Soma, Indra, Lord of Soma; drink thou the draught of noonday which thou Iovest.
    Puffing thy cheeks, impetuous, liberal Giver, here loose thy two Bay Horses and rejoice thee.
    2. Quaff it pure, meal-blent, mixt with milk, O Indra; we have poured forth the Soma for thy rapture.
    Knit with the prayer-fulfilling band of Maruts, yea, with the Rudras, drink till thou art sated;
    3. Those who gave increase to thy strength and vigour; the Maruts singing forth thy might, O Indra.
    Drink thou, O fair of cheek, whose hand wields thunder,
    with Rudras banded, at our noon libation.
    4. They, even the Maruts who were there, excited with song the meath-created strength of Indra.
    By them impelled to act he reached the vitals Of Vrtra, though he deemed that none might wound him.
    5. Pleased, like a man, with our libation, Indra, drink, for enduring hero might, the Soma.
    Lord of Bays, moved by sacrifice come hither: thou with the Swift Ones stirrest floods and waters.
    6. When thou didst loose the streams to run like racers in the swift contest, having smitten Vrtra
    With flying weapon where he lay, O Indra, and, godless, kept the Goddesses encompassed.
    7. With reverence let us worship mighty Indra, great and sublime, eternal, everyouthful,
    Whose greatness the dear world-halves have not measured, no, nor conceived the might of him the Holy.
    8. Many are Indra's nobly wrought achievements, and none of all the Gods transgress his statutes.
    He beareth up this earth and heaven, and, doer of marvels, he begot the Sun and Morning.
    9. Herein, O Guileless One, is thy true greatness, that soon as born thou drankest up the Soma.
    Days may not check the power of thee the Mighty, nor the nights, Indra, nor the months, nor autumns.
    10. As soon as thou wast born in highest heaven thou drankest Soma to delight thee, Indra;
    And when thou hadst pervaded earth and heaven thou wast the first supporter of the singer.
    11. Thou, puissant God, more mighty, slewest. Ahi showing his strength when couched around the waters.
    The heaven itself attained not to thy greatness when with one hip of thine the earth was shadowed.
    12. Sacrifice, Indra, made thee wax so mighty, the dear oblation with the flowing Soma.
    O Worshipful, with worship help our worship, for worship helped thy bolt when slaying Ahi.
    13. With sacrifice and wish have I brought Indra; still for new blessings may I turn him hither,
    Him magnified by ancient songs and praises, by lauds of later time and days yet recent.
    14. I have brought forth a song when longing seized me: ere the decisive day will I laud Indra;
    Then may lie safely bear us over trouble, as in a ship, when both sides invocate him.
    15. Full is his chalice: Glory! Like a pourer I have filled up the vessel for his drinking.
    Presented on the right, dear Soma juices have brought us Indra, to rejoice him, hither.
    16. Not the deep-flowing flood, O Much-invoked One! not hills that compass thee about restrain thee,
    Since here incited, for thy friends, O Indra, thou breakest e'en the firm built stall of cattle.
    17. Call we on Maghavan, auspicious Indra, best Hero in this fight where spoil is gathered,
    The Strong who listens, who gives aid in battles, who slays the Vrtras, wins and gathers riches.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    Duga Kosa, Kokarda na Celu (Long hair, Cockade on the head)
    I'm not a man, I'm a wolf. I don't talk, I howl. When my pack gathers, be afraid dogs! -Dušan Silni Serbian Tsar!
    Heroji a ne zlocinci (Heroes not war criminals)

In Hoc Signo Vinces
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg weight bench
    Hero
    Dušan Silni, Pop Đujić, General Mladic, Sloba Srbin
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

17. Call we on Maghavan, auspicious Indra, best Hero in this fight where spoil is gathered,
    The Strong who listens, who gives aid in battles, who slays the Vrtras, wins and gathers riches.

Seems like the battle is center, the victory, the slay of enemies or evil. Similar as the Scandinavian Gods also fight, Thor has a might hammer and the warriors ascendt into Vallhall.
    I'm not a man, I'm a wolf. I don't talk, I howl. When my pack gathers, be afraid dogs! -Dušan Silni Serbian Tsar!

In Hoc Signo Vinces
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg weight bench
    Hero
    Dušan Silni, Pop Đujić, General Mladic, Sloba Srbin
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2020 @ 11:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indic
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin
    Ancestry
    North West India
    Country
    India
    Taxonomy
    Ni+GI
    Politics
    Moderate Right
    Religion
    Hinduism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

That hymn is from my family book 3.

Entire book 3 is war hymn because it describes how Vishvamitra as royal priest of King Sudas and Bharata tribe crossed Indus as General of Bharata Army made of Horse, Chariot and cart riders who went as Far as western UP and Bharatas formed Kuru Kingdom there.

He was a very ambitious person as he prayed to Indra to form his own large empire and asked Lord to Make him Master of Great number of Land, People and Cows.

He also most likely campaigned till bihar region as a tribe that lived there was described by him as Non-Aryan Country Savages and Prayed to Indra for their destruction and plunder.

His campaign started from West of Indus and ended in Bihar, something 2000 to 3000 km journey.

His birthplace was must be Central Asia or North Afghanistan region on route of migration.

Based on the population of that area i guess Vishvamitra was Blond or red haired and light eyed with Pale/Sveta/Arya Skin so that explains why Indra is called god with Blond Hair and beard.

---

he was the first Aryan/Vedic General who lead the Aryan Invasion, Migration and settlement into India and i find it amazing that i can still read and understand what he did, said as well as his immediate family (my paternal ancestors) fought hard for better life of us. Learning Rigveda was the best decision of my entire life.

Fun fact : Name of India is Bharat in native language, "Turkey" of East.

Thread Information