Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Asians as a people do better in Latin America society than in the USA society? (Socially, dating,

kratz

1 Not allowed!

Default Do Asians as a people do better in Latin America society than in the USA society? (Socially, dating,

Latin American society (Amerindian/Asiatic+ Mediterranean/Southern European)
    I notice that Latin American culture is much more conservative(at least Peru is). Traditional in the sense the people value having a good job and a good career. I'm confident that Asian society(China, Korean and Japanese) and I suspect Russian culture is somewhat similar. Where people are mostly focused on doing well in school, then getting a good job after school. Usually, the most critical majors are the hard sciences(math, science, and engineering). There's much less emphasis on personal development, self-esteem, and "doing your own thing," this means pursuing an artistic career(music, public speaking, dancing..etc.). I'm guessing as well that some countries like Argentina and Uruguay value things like being cultured or well-educated over more materialistic pursuits like buying a car.

USA Society(Northwestern Europe+African)
    I noticed that American society puts heavy emphasis on being a producer. This means creating things or producing something of value to make money. For instance, I noticed that people would have more respect for someone who does comedy for a living than someone who has a master's degree. Since the guy doing comedy is making much more money while the master's degree student is unemployed. There's less emphasis on being educated, cultured as well, which I guess runs contrast with Mediterranean societies.

Also, I noticed that people value someone who makes money and is outspoke. I saw that some African-Americans do very well in American society(don't believe all the myths that all blacks are all gangsters) since they are outspoken, competitive, and "hustlers." All characteristics that are valued in the USA. Meanwhile, Asians face a two-fold disadvantage one that there's a "bamboo ceiling" unless you are actively marketing yourself. You won't stand out and also that jobs are in constant flux. Therefore, a company could go bankrupt in a few months. I had an Indian acquaintance who got a job in a big American corporation, then the company laid off a lot of his staff, and he found himself jobless. This is in stark contrast from Japanese companies who have the same team for decades. Once you get a job, you stay in the same position for a long time(note that things might be changing.)

EDIT: I mentioned east Asians, but this also applies to Indians and people with Asiatic cultures. As you've seen, I said my friend who was thrown off guard that he was fired.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    I noticed that American society puts heavy emphasis on being a producer. This means creating things or producing something of value to make money. For instance, I noticed that people would have more respect for someone who does comedy for a living than someone who has a master's degree. Since the guy doing comedy is making much more money while the master's degree student is unemployed. There's less emphasis on being educated, cultured as well, which I guess runs contrast with Mediterranean societies.
    US-Americans are enterprising and competitive for money. Sometimes they are right, after all the world is capitalist sometimes wrong because they forget to live.

About Latam, valuing education is relative, a large number of people without university education and in the case of Brazil the large companies were state-owned. Only the Japanese here are very studious people. Arabs and Chinese are traders
    Last edited by luc2112; 02-11-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Japanese tend to be very high class in Brazil, i think
    Cannot answer your question though

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Damn, I guess not many people know about Asians. They are in fact an insular community. Except the women who do marry out with Anglos.
    Last edited by kratz; 02-13-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    Damn, I guess not many people know about Asians. They are in fact an insular community. Don't the women do marry out with Anglos.
    Chinese or South Asian?

Japanese mix with whites here!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Since when is Amerindian society considered Asiatic, Hell the indigenous people of Latin America are barley connected to Asians only North American Amerindians and Inuits who live close to the Bering strait bare any resemblances between they’re cultures. I’d say Latin American society is (Southern European+African+Amerindian) over the fact that you can have countries like Bolivia, Haiti and Uruguay under the same umbrella even if we’re only talking about Hispanic countries it wouldn’t change a thing since a Country like Dominican Republic and Guatemala would fall under the same umbrella

As for Asians in Latin America, they’re basically mostly high to middle class even the president of Peru was Asian(Japanese decent). East Asians/Middle Easterners and Europeans are of similar class in Latin America(and the Americas overall tbh) with Euros being at the top of course, Africans and Amerindians were the lower classes with Africans being at the bottom.

I think it goes something like Euros(going from Northern, Southern and Eastern in order of hierarchy) are at the top of society. East Asians, Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners and South Asians in the middle in that order. Amerindians and Africans are at the bottom in that order. So East Asians would do better then you in Anglo or Latin American society that’s for damn sure

I think all of Latin American culture even Argentine and Uruguayan culture is more conservative then American culture especially in some regions as a whole. I think East Asians are to serious and rigid and value hierarchy way to much incomparion to Latin Americans are are way to disorganized, disrespect hierarchy, much more lively cultures then theirs etc to fully fit in Latin American society plus I’ve noticed that East Asian and Eastern Euros are less affectionate then Latinos
    Last edited by Thetruth; 02-13-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Since when is Amerindian society considered Asiatic, Hell the indigenous people of Latin America are barley connected to Asians only North American Amerindians and Inuits who live close to the Bering strait bare any resemblances between they’re cultures. I’d say Latin American society is (Southern European+African+Amerindian) over the fact that you can have countries like Bolivia, Haiti and Uruguay under the same umbrella even if we’re only talking about Hispanic countries it wouldn’t change a thing since a Country like Dominican Republic and Guatemala would fall under the same umbrella

As for Asians in Latin America, they’re basically mostly high to middle class even the president of Peru was Asian(Japanese decent). East Asians/Middle Easterners and Europeans are of similar class in Latin America(and the Americas overall tbh) with Euros being at the top of course, Africans and Amerindians were the lower classes with Africans being at the bottom.

I think it goes something like Euros(going from Northern, Southern and Eastern in order of hierarchy) are at the top of society. East Asians, Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners and South Asians in the middle in that order. Amerindians and Africans are at the bottom in that order. So East Asians would do better then you in Anglo or Latin American society that’s for damn sure

I think all of Latin American culture even Argentine and Uruguayan culture is more conservative then American culture especially in some regions as a whole. I think East Asians are to serious and rigid and value hierarchy way to much incomparion to Latin Americans are are way to disorganized, disrespect hierarchy, much more lively cultures then theirs etc to fully fit in Latin American society plus I’ve noticed that East Asian and Eastern Euros are less affectionate then Latinos
    No.
    Buenos Aires is even worse than many cities of the old world in that sense.
    And comparing to the USA I think It's the same thing or at least very similar...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,115
    Given: 11,127

1 Not allowed!

There's nothing African about general American society outside of black areas. Funny how you didn't include African as part of Latin American society.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post

There's nothing African about general American society outside of black areas. Funny how you didn't include African as part of Latin American society.
    When Arabs here think of Americans they think mostly of White people wearing cowboy hats and speaking a thick southern accent. Yeah, it's sort of stereotypical, but that's how many of us perceive Americans as rather than other races and creeds. Maybe also native Americans as well, but certainly not Blacks, Asians and MENAs.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,115
    Given: 11,127

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    When Arabs here think of Americans they think mostly of White people wearing cowboy hats and speaking a thick southern accent. Yeah, it's sort of stereotypical, but that's how many of us perceive Americans as rather than other races and creeds. Maybe also native Americans as well, but certainly not Blacks, Asians and MENAs.
    Well the truth is that American culture is pretty much 100% European. Even the blacks for the most part got their music, food, etc, from white sources and then made them worse than what they were.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information