Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "Anti-Americanism is really incoherent". Discuss.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,201
    Given: 43,741

0 Not allowed!

Interestingly, 750 million is not too dissimilar to the figure of actual migrants in the world (circa 700 million). Also of note is how relatively few East Asians or South Asians allegedly wish to move, despite the poverty and/or repression suffered by many of them. (Proves once again my point about the general ethnocentrism and insularity of those cultures).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Anyway, let us not stray too far off-topic please.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Anyway, let us not stray too far off-topic please.
    Tbh life in the UK is better than the us. Fall in rough times in Britain, there are services that can help. Fall in rough times in the US, you're screwed.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Tbh life in the UK is better than the us. Fall in rough times in Britain, there are services that can help. Fall in rough times in the US, you're screwed.
    It is true the welfare state is less generous in the US than in the UK and many other European countries, but that isn't the same thing as saying it is non-existent. What's more, if anything my impression is that churches and charities are a lot more active in providing services to the needy in the US instead. (Now obviously it is no real substitution for the State, but it helps nonetheless).

Last Online
    10-05-2022 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    OTHERS_D
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Slovak/Hungarian Romani/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Essentially Austro-Hungary
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Joseph Conrad
    Religion
    Down-votes from Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,057
    Given: 3,213

0 Not allowed!

Of course... I don't even understand what people think when they want to migrate to the US...

It's all propaganda, and I'm not sure who's benefiting from it. Somehow American TV programs or whatever convince the world that everyone here is rich or at least has enormous apartments or houses and drives nice cars... I don't get it.

It's true, though, that immigrants to the US tend to do better than native-born Americans, for a number of reasons, but after the second generation everyone's homeless, addicted to drugs or in gangs like everyone else, so why the hell can't these immigrants communicate with their friends and families back home TO STOP COMING HERE!?!?
    PuntDNAl k15
    Mother: Polish + Norwegian + Austrian + French @ 0.923102
    Father: Karelian + Polish + Romani + Mozabite_Berber @ 5.277415
    Me: Lithuanian + Mordovian + Bosnian + Spaniard @ 2.190271
    MDLP World
    Mother: 85.80% German_V + 14.20% Russian @ 1
    Father: 73.10% Croatian_V + 26.90% Roma @ 4.65
    Me: 94.70% Croatian_V + 5.30% Roma @ 1.61

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    It is true the welfare state is less generous in the US than in the UK and many other European countries, but that isn't the same thing as saying it is non-existent. What's more, if anything my impression is that churches and charities are a lot more active in providing services to the needy in the US instead. (Now obviously it is no real substitution for the State, but it helps nonetheless).
    Nah. I been in both societies, in the US, you a more massive drug addiction population. Why is the US so hooked on drug than other western nation. I thought at first geography but when you observe American society, there is something fucked up culturally. They have a higher per capita anti depressant prescription than Europe despite more expensive health care

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephK View Post
    Of course... I don't even understand what people think when they want to migrate to the US...

It's all propaganda, and I'm not sure who's benefiting from it. Somehow American TV programs or whatever convince the world that everyone here is rich or at least has enormous apartments or houses and drives nice cars... I don't get it.

It's true, though, that immigrants to the US tend to do better than native-born Americans, for a number of reasons, but after the second generation everyone's homeless, addicted to drugs or in gangs like everyone else, so why the hell can't these immigrants communicate with their friends and families back home TO STOP COMING HERE!?!?
    I realise that when I came to the states for a family visit. In the UK you have homeless people as well but what saw in America be wildered me. An entire tent city on pavement, excrements on pavements, a sea of needles.. ugh. Scared the crap out me

Last Online
    10-05-2022 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    OTHERS_D
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Slovak/Hungarian Romani/Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Essentially Austro-Hungary
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Joseph Conrad
    Religion
    Down-votes from Loki
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,057
    Given: 3,213

2 Not allowed!

Nah. I been in both societies, in the US, you a more massive drug addiction population. Why is the US so hooked on drug than other western nation. I thought at first geography but when you observe American society, there is something fucked up culturally. They have a higher per capita anti depressant prescription than Europe despite more expensive health care
    Because life is meaningless in the US. We don't have social bonds or culture like in the rest of the world. Everything's about making more profits, saving money and cutting corners, so there will never be pedestrianized city centres or cafes and so on where people can congregate. If there are, they're all filled with homeless and drug abusers.
    PuntDNAl k15
    Mother: Polish + Norwegian + Austrian + French @ 0.923102
    Father: Karelian + Polish + Romani + Mozabite_Berber @ 5.277415
    Me: Lithuanian + Mordovian + Bosnian + Spaniard @ 2.190271
    MDLP World
    Mother: 85.80% German_V + 14.20% Russian @ 1
    Father: 73.10% Croatian_V + 26.90% Roma @ 4.65
    Me: 94.70% Croatian_V + 5.30% Roma @ 1.61

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Many live in 4 in a house or apartment and earn the minimum salary in the region.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because life is meaningless in the US. We don't have social bonds or culture like in the rest of the world. Everything's about making more profits, saving money and cutting corners, so there will never be pedestrianized city centres or cafes and so on where people can congregate. If there are, they're all filled with homeless and drug abusers.
    True. Atleast in the UK there is sense of tradition (bonfire day, st georges day, mayday pole celebration, easter day etc) and old school communities (cornish, manx, fisherman town etc) despite youth culture being americanized. In the US, only Native Americans (reduced to alcoholics in rez) and some small east and sothern coast communes like the Arnish have comparable traditions and roots. Much modern US culture is based on rootless cosmopolitanism and consumerism. The only identies there is racial not cultural (only diference in dialect, modern white southerners are not really that different from west coast city white urbanites). The USA is truly a bug man paradise.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information