Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Which region has the highest amount of north african admixture between Iberia and Sicily ?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

1 Not allowed!

Default Which region has the highest amount of north african admixture between Iberia and Sicily ?

I'm asking this because now I'm confused I've seen some sicilian results with more than 20% NA. Also is it western sicily that scores the highest amount of NA in south italy ? if yes do you think it has something to do with carthaginians who mainly controlled the western part of the island ?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-01-2020 @ 06:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Basque Country
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Df27-Z225
    mtDNA
    T2b3e
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    I'm asking this because now I'm confused I've seen some sicilian results with more than 20% NA. Also is it western sicily that scores the highest amount of NA in south italy ? if yes do you think it has something to do with carthaginians who mainly controlled the western part of the island ?
    I have been here for a short time but enough to see that you are very worried about the percentage of NA in Iberia

Canary Islands-10.2-Iberomaurissian 0,6-West African- Total-10,8-It is the only Spanish region that has a percentage of WA,but obviously I do not know if it is valid as an example because it is Spanish territory in the African continent

Iberian Peninsula

(0-1%)-Spanish Basque- 0%, Barcelonés-0,8%, Catalunya Central-0,4%, Girona-0,9%, la Rioja-0,9%, LLeida-0,8%, Peri-Barcelona-1%, Penedés-1%, Soria-1%, Terres del Ebre-1%

(1-2%)- Menorca-1.2%, Mallorca-1,8%, Navarra-1.6%, Baleares-1.6%, Tarrragona-1.6%, Cantabria, 1,4%, Castellón-1.2%, Pirineos-1,6%

(2-3%)- Aragón-2%, Alicante-2.8%, Castilla la Mancha-2,4%

(3-5%)-Andalucia-4.4%, Asturias-4.4%, Castilla y León 4,8%, Galicia-4,4%

>5%- Extremadura-5.2%, Portugal-5,2%

Curiously, Galicia and Asturias that were always populated by Christians have the same percentage as Granada that was in the hands of the Moors 700 years- Without a doubt Andalusia was effectively repopulated-North and Eastern Iberia, including Aragon and Castilla la Mancha (Madrid etc.) is practically zero north african

Regarding the Bell Beaker culture samples (2,500-2,000 BC), the percentages of NA was around 1%, which shows ancient contacts between Iberia and North Africa at least since the Neolithic-Iberian migrations to Northern Africa were very intense in the chalcolithic with several Moroccan deposits with many European mitochondrial markers.

Sardinia-1,2%, Calabria-0,2%, French Corsica-0,4%,

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-30-2021 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Undiluted lower rhine bell beaker skull smasher
    Country
    Ireland
    Region
    Leinster
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1a2a1a2c1e R1b-L21 (R1b-Z255)
    mtDNA
    K1a10a
    Taxonomy
    Keltic-Nordid + Brünn
    Politics
    Read Siege
    Hero
    Charles Manson, William Luther Pierce, George Lincoln Rockwell, James Mason
    Religion
    My race is my religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 225

1 Not allowed!

I personally haven’t seen any Sicilians score that amount, but generally the average for east Sicilians is something like ~5%.
    Maybe a little higher in west Sicilians, who also score some minor amount of Bedouin.
    Most of the Berber related ancestry probably coming from Carthaginian settlements and not Aghlabid emirate.

In east Iberians it’s also around ~5%. In west Iberians it’s more like ~10% peaking in Galicians. Most of it is from ummayad rule but some I’d imagine came earlier from Roman and Carthaginian settlements as well.

Basques of course only scoring noise level.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

According to this study, North African admixture peaks in Galicia followed by Portugal. 25% NA is way too much for pure Sicilian, that sample is most likely mixed.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,904
    Given: 4,896

0 Not allowed!

Western sicilians and some other places of South Italy could reach above 20%, eastern sicilians must have around 10% or less, apulians seems to be a similar case. Western iberians could reach 10% but no more than that, the rest of iberians must have in average 4%, but the basques have less than 1%, most cases it's 0.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaska View Post
    I have been here for a short time but enough to see that you are very worried about the percentage of NA in Iberia

Canary Islands-10.2-Iberomaurissian 0,6-West African- Total-10,8-It is the only Spanish region that has a percentage of WA,but obviously I do not know if it is valid as an example because it is Spanish territory in the African continent

Iberian Peninsula

(0-1%)-Spanish Basque- 0%, Barcelonés-0,8%, Catalunya Central-0,4%, Girona-0,9%, la Rioja-0,9%, LLeida-0,8%, Peri-Barcelona-1%, Penedés-1%, Soria-1%, Terres del Ebre-1%

(1-2%)- Menorca-1.2%, Mallorca-1,8%, Navarra-1.6%, Baleares-1.6%, Tarrragona-1.6%, Cantabria, 1,4%, Castellón-1.2%, Pirineos-1,6%

(2-3%)- Aragón-2%, Alicante-2.8%, Castilla la Mancha-2,4%

(3-5%)-Andalucia-4.4%, Asturias-4.4%, Castilla y León 4,8%, Galicia-4,4%

>5%- Extremadura-5.2%, Portugal-5,2%

Curiously, Galicia and Asturias that were always populated by Christians have the same percentage as Granada that was in the hands of the Moors 700 years- Without a doubt Andalusia was effectively repopulated-North and Eastern Iberia, including Aragon and Castilla la Mancha (Madrid etc.) is practically zero north african

Regarding the Bell Beaker culture samples (2,500-2,000 BC), the percentages of NA was around 1%, which shows ancient contacts between Iberia and North Africa at least since the Neolithic-Iberian migrations to Northern Africa were very intense in the chalcolithic with several Moroccan deposits with many European mitochondrial markers.

Sardinia-1,2%, Calabria-0,2%, French Corsica-0,4%,

Yes I want to know because I'm north african myself and want to know the NA admixture of our neighbours I don't see what's wrong with this. Actually you didn't even answer me I ask for galicia and sicily and your results are clearly false all portuguese results I've seen have at least 8% I doubt 5% is the average. Also Galicia is the region in Spain (excluding canaria) with the highest amount of NA admixture with an average of 10%. You clearly underestimate the NA admixture I've studies to back up my claims here. Moreover yes the south was repopulated by northern settlers especially when you look at roman and medieval samples from south-east iberia they all almost scored 40-50% NA.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtíbero Itálico View Post
    Western sicilians and some other places of South Italy could reach above 20%, eastern sicilians must have around 10% or less, apulians seems to be a similar case..
    Sound like poor trolling. Post evidence of full Sicilians with 30% North African. Apulians don't score any as far as I know. Neither is south Italy 20% on average, it is less than Portugal and Spain.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,904
    Given: 4,896

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Sound like poor trolling. Post evidence of full Sicilians with 30% North African. Apulians don't score any as far as I know. Neither is south Italy 20% on average, it is less than Portugal and Spain.
    Not 30%, sorry i wrote it accidentally. Also what i meant is all MENA markers, they could reach considerable numbers.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Biff View Post
    I personally haven’t seen any Sicilians score that amount, but generally the average for east Sicilians is something like ~5%.
    Maybe a little higher in west Sicilians, who also score some minor amount of Bedouin.
    Most of the Berber related ancestry probably coming from Carthaginian settlements and not Aghlabid emirate.

In east Iberians it’s also around ~5%. In west Iberians it’s more like ~10% peaking in Galicians. Most of it is from ummayad rule but some I’d imagine came earlier from Roman and Carthaginian settlements as well.

Basques of course only scoring noise level.
    I don't know how accurate myheritage really is but take a look at this how can we explain such a high amount of NA ? it's a guy and his parents :

here another one :

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Basarab Laiota
    Country
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    I2 (Carpathian)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,208
    Given: 1,745

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaska View Post

Pffffffttttt hahaha lmao

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information