Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Portuguese the darkest Europeans?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,514
    Given: 4,452

0 Not allowed!

Default What Is This Even xD

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    According to a study i have made, which contains more than 1000 personalities per country, the portuguese have a 10,5% blue,gray and green eyes.
    I present the results for light eyes below

Portugal 10,5%
    Spain 13,5%
    Greece 13,5%
    Italy 17%

The lightest group of south Europeans in relation to eye colour were the North Italians, whith a 20-25% depending on the region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4C77FqFdSA

Btw i am Greek
    Looking at many such studies and comparing them all, is what gives a good idea of reality imo. But they have to be good to qualify.

Would you claim that yours would qualify as a good one?
    Would it be as reliable as the Blade's and Supercomputer's for instance? Could you post all the people that your study involves, like The Blade does? And if that is so, what would be a good explanation for the differences between yours and theirs, in terms of results?

The Blade's - https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...highlight=1144
    Supercomputer's - https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ically-backed)

In the ensuing discussion on the Blade's study thread, you can see two old studies of the Portuguese, both done by the same Tamagnini guy, and they score very different values, because of the criteria they used possibly (and/or, I read this somewhere, one might have been done on kids) - do you think this could provide a good explanation for your study numbers?

I, and others, have made good points about the darkness of the Portuguese, on this thread: I don't think I ever lost my mind as much though, in this forum, but that has taken a turn for the funny : https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...58#post7097558

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    É suposto eu participar nesta merda de tópico troll? Estou 100% ofendido, já nem durmo...
    Se o gajo não é troll, ou pelo menos mau a fazer o estudo, eu sou literalmente o pai natal.

Mas digo-te uma coisa, se ele é troll, é um troll extraordinário. Extraordináriamente inteligente, para se ir lembrar da ideia de ir fazer a merda de um estudo troll. Quase me atrevia a dar-lhe o valor, mas quem usa a inteligência para enganar e humilhar para além do humor razoável é um cínico. Ser irónico para a risada? Ok. Cínico? Um dos melhores filmes de sempre, seria assim se não falhasse em deizar a mensagem implícita mais explícita - falha demasiado... Lecter é acima de tudo, cínico (desculpa-me eu usar só o apelido à boa maneira pseudo-intelectual , mas sabes que nós tugas tratamos a malta só pelos apelidos a toda a hora) . Moral da história: não sejas cínico, é uma das piores coisas que um humano pode ser. DUH

Se ele é de facto troll, é incrivel o que associações positivas a turístas do Norte - até algo bastante relacionável no meu caso, por exemplo, podem fazer a um gajo, que noutras circunstância podia fazer um bom estudo em nome da antropologia.

E desculpa, meu companheiro, neste planeta a flutuar num braço exterior da Via Láctea, se tudo isto te soa estranho, traduzido por algum algorítmo merdoso quero eu dizer , mas eu acredito que; (dado que isto possa ser mais ou menos bem sucedido) todas as pessoas com memória, tentam a cada momento, fazer o seu melhor, tendo em conta as experiências passadas; e toda a gente pode, sem sombra de dúvida, rir-se CONNOSCO

forgot to post the links lol, fixed
    Last edited by hurtuv; 02-02-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

Alexandro

5 Not allowed!

I mean, this is purely anecdotal, but in the times I have gone to Portugal (Lisbon and Porto) the people did not strike me as being noticeably darker than any other southern Euro population, either way Med people are beautiful so it doesn't matter. I don't understand why some users on here fixate so much on pigmentation, like people actually get triggered if someone "darkwashes" or "lightwashes" their ethnicity, who gives a fuck, they're just adaptive traits related to geography and UV radiation, and no shit, a lot of Iberia is hot as fuck.

Its a worthless, autistic dick measuring contest and every time I see one of these threads my eyes roll way back into my skull.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 635

4 Not allowed!

Simply because the Portuguese are chads along with the Spaniards. The chad dark Europeans versus the virgin snowflake Europeans.

Seriously though, White Mediterraneans have lived in Middle East for thousands of years. They did not mix with Semitic tribes, what actually occurred was that the environment shaped their characteristics in a similar way it did with Semitic peoples. That's the reason why White Mediterraneans usually can have tanned skin, almond eyes, arched eyebrows, curly hair, and dark features.
    That does not mean, however, that they are mixed-race. No, European Mediterraneans are White, different from Arabs and Jews, for example. Learn the difference.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimão + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    I mean, this is purely anecdotal, but in the times I have gone to Portugal (Lisbon and Porto) the people did not strike me as being noticeably darker than any other southern Euro population, either way Med people are beautiful so it doesn't matter. I don't understand why some users on here fixate so much on pigmentation, like people actually get triggered if someone "darkwashes" or "lightwashes" their ethnicity, who gives a fuck, they're just adaptive traits related to geography and UV radiation, and no shit, a lot of Iberia is hot as fuck.

Its a worthless, autistic dick measuring contest and every time I see one of these threads my eyes roll way back into my skull.
    Welcome to TA, where people obsess about how white or dark a european country is instead of having a social life and fun.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Coimbra, born and raised (old man from Santo Tirso)
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Eru Ilúvatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,514
    Given: 4,452

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post

Indeed, and I mean why should one even assume, for instance, a darkwashing should be bad, if many would like to be darkwashed? But you just take a bath yourself man, and don't let anybody wash you xd. If, personally, this triggered me in my early days hee, now it's just . Ah, the beauty of the Apricity xd. I think the ones who give a fuck the most are some of the trolls, probably been wash too many times xd.

But things have changed with time, to some degree at least. Some years ago, flame wars between Portuguese and Spaniards about this preposterousness were commomplace, can you believe that? Thank the quarentine for bringing new minds here. If before, people were all “the old days is what was good, the forum is not what it used to be and will be dead in a few years” sort of shit, nobody says that anymore, flew out of the zeitgeist here like a mf
    Last edited by hurtuv; 02-02-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    “Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects with everything else.”
    -Leonardo da Vinci
    Quote Originally Posted by barnumandbailey View Post
    Women have hair so that you can grab them while you’re pounding from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by michal3141 View Post
    Don't worry Roy. We're talking about some profound unsolved problem in science of computing (computer science).
    Quote Originally Posted by solarisregvm View Post
    You sound like an authority of people who know naked portuguese people ......
    Classify Hurtuv and Family 2022
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...nd-Family-2022

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,064
    Given: 3,120

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    Simply because the Portuguese are chads along with the Spaniards. The chad dark Europeans versus the virgin snowflake Europeans.

Seriously though, White Mediterraneans have lived in Middle East for thousands of years. They did not mix with Semitic tribes, what actually occurred was that the environment shaped their characteristics in a similar way it did with Semitic peoples. That's the reason why White Mediterraneans usually can have tanned skin, almond eyes, arched eyebrows, curly hair, and dark features.
    That does not mean, however, that they are mixed-race. No, European Mediterraneans are White, different from Arabs and Jews, for example. Learn the difference.
    there is no such thing as a "semitic" race, that's a linguistic group and southern europeans do have ME admixture especially south-east europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 635

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    there is no such thing as a "semitic" race, that's a linguistic group and southern europeans do have ME admixture especially south-east europeans.
    You're wrong as usual. The PCAs show there is a Semitic race composed of Jews and Arabs. And Southeastern Europeans score little to no Middle Eastern admixture at all. You only wish they were mixed. Unfortunately to you, they are not.

Last Online
    08-14-2023 @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkmen/Tatar
    Ancestry
    Western Taurus Mountains / Iris Delta
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turanid/Alpinid/Med
    Politics
    National Liberalism
    Hero
    Tong Yabgu
    Religion
    Atheist
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 148

0 Not allowed!

I dont know about dark dude but they say portuguese women are the ugliest of Europe so they did all explorations

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,064
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    You're wrong as usual. The PCAs show there is a Semitic race composed of Jews and Arabs. And Southeastern Europeans score little to no Middle Eastern admixture at all. You only wish they were mixed. Unfortunately to you, they are not.
    There is not a single semitic race on "PCAs", western jews plot near southern europeans not arabs. Moreover yes south-east europeans do have ME admixture :

that's without taking sicilians into account

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 02:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Why does it bother you, who cares. Like being light or dark is a win, get a life, go drink a beer.

STEFANOS CHIOS IS YOUR FUCKING PAPPA, BLOODY PUSSIES!
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information