Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

4 Not allowed!

Default Real vs Fake Italians

Repost from another website. I don't have written this post, it's just a repost.

Although in the recent past having an Italian surname was a near definitive evidence of one's Italian ancestry, today bearing an Italian surname is no longer a sufficiently reliable indicator of ethnic origin.

As a result of mass immigration over the last twenty to thirty years, today there are more than 5 million people in Italy of foreign background. A number of these first-generation and second-generation immigrants — including those newly-arrived in Italy from other shores — have taken to altering their names and surnames, changing them into something more Italian-sounding.

With the exception of Albanian and Romanian immigrants, who sometimes adopt Italian surnames in an attempt to pass themselves off as locals, immigrants of European origin tend to retain their original surnames — indeed it is extremely rare for Germanic or Slavic immigrants in Italy to adopt Italian surnames. Immigrants from Africa and Asia, on the other hand, have been known to frequently alter their surnames. This includes immigrants coming from North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, India, China, as well as Gypsies and other non-European minorities.

Whereas in the past the practice of adopting Italian names was limited to only a few relatively isolated cases, such as Mario Balotelli — a footballer of Ghanaian origin — today the practice has become much more widespread. We are now faced with several thousands of cases in which immigrants of non-European origin have adopted fake Italian names and surnames, deceptively attempting to pass themselves off as Italians.

The motivations behind this trend are uncertain. Perhaps it is self-delusion; perhaps it is a desperate attempt to avoid discrimination, knowing that native Italians are not as welcoming of immigrants compared to other European countries; or perhaps it is the first step in a larger plan: namely to pretend to be an “Italian” in the hopes of later immigrating to a more welcoming country, such as Germany, France or Sweden.

In any case this fact must be emphasized: just because someone has an Italian surname does not mean they are Italian. If you see a person who looks rather strange — perhaps resembling more a Moroccan or a Gypsy than a European — then there is a good chance that he is not ethnically Italian. Indeed it is not uncommon nowadays to discover foreign-looking individuals who pretend to be Italian, who in fact have recent foreign ancestry, often hiding the fact that they have a foreign-born parent, sometimes being the product of a mixed marriage, and in some cases not being Italian at all.

Once more, just because someone today is born in Italy or has an Italian surname or has Italian citizenship, this does not necessarily mean they are ethnically Italian. Keep this in mind whenever you see someone with visibly non-European features who claims to be an Italian.

Some examples :

Emmanuel Galli - Korean

Francesca Fiume — Chinese

Gaia Scodellaro — African-American

Giulia Bertinelli — African

Lorena Cesarini — Senegalese

Carolina Visca — Colombian

Nadia Battocletti — Moroccan

Last edited by Samnium; 02-17-2020 at 04:20 AM.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

7 Not allowed!

As if anyone would take these people for full ethnic Italians... Stop with it, man. I'm not Italian, but most of my ancestry is Italian and I feel ashamed when see this type of post.

I cannot imagine a German or British posting this, this just show how some Italians can have deep complexes.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    As if anyone would take these people for full ethnic Italians... Stop with it, man. I'm not Italian, but most of my ancestry is Italian and I feel ashamed when see this type of post.

I cannot imagine a German or British posting this, this just show how some Italians can have deep complexes.
    It's not me that I've written the post, but honestly Germans or Brits aren't trolled as Italians. Not even close. Really I don't know if you've ever gone on 4chan and wrote "italian" on the search bar.

There are people that are mixed with "italian names", less obvious than these but that will be posted as "italians". I've seen also that with other ethnicites, Gypsies posted as locals or people that changed their name.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Samnium View Post
    It's not me that I've written the post, but honestly Germans or Brits aren't trolled as Italians. Not even close. Really I don't know if you've ever gone on 4chan and wrote "italian" on the search bar.

There are people that are mixed with "italian names", less obvious than these but that will be posted as "italians". I've seen also that with other ethnicites, Gypsies posted as locals or people that changed their name.
    Yeah, but who cares? If you're not dark or it's not true you would just not care. You're mixed too, you're not even an Italian... Don't get me wrong, I like you, but I think you probably waste too much time with the likes of Italic Roots.

Maybe Germans aren't trolled because they do not have many dark individuals in their populations?

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,836
    Given: 5,025

3 Not allowed!

4chan, LOL.
    No sane person, except trolls, would use blacks and obviously mestizos as examples of normal Italians, and neither lighter than average types (which some Italians on forums have a fetish), normal people think of these types when picturing Italians:

The Med/sexy Latin lover stereotype, whether male of female.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    Yeah, but who cares? If you're not dark or it's not true you would just not care. You're mixed too, you're not even an Italian...
    Well technically I'm considered as italian by the Italian state, I received my vote card in 2018 (Italian by "blood"), I wouldn't consider me as italian for identity but I have roots from this country.

Maybe Germans aren't trolled because they do not have many dark individuals in their populations?
    Italians are trolled for many reasons, there are long lasting stereotypes created by pieces of popular culture like "The Godfather" and so on, there is also the fact as you've said that Italians are definitely darker and that there are also some exotic phenotypes that can pop up but Italians are definitely more trolled than any other southern Euro country so it's not entirely because of the pigmentation.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    4chan, LOL.
    No sane person, except trolls, would use blacks and obviously mestizos as examples of normal Italians, and neither lighter than average types (which some Italians on forums have a fetish), normal people think of thess types when picturing Italians:

The Med/sexy Latin lover stereotype, whether male of female.
    The examples given are just to show how strangers can change names to appear more "italian".

There are tricky cases, like the moroccan girl could be used by trolls to being passed as "exotic italian", I've seen lot of cases like that, either here or on another websites.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic squatting crew
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Politics
    Right is right
    Religion
    A mystery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,486
    Given: 188

0 Not allowed!

There are tricky cases, like the moroccan girl could be used by troll to being passed as "exotic italian", I've seen lot of cases like that, either here or on another websites.
    There are plenty of "real" Italians that can be used for trolling, why would anyone pick a Moroccan girl?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Well technically I'm considered as italian by the Italian state, I received my vote card in 2018 (Italian by "blood"), I wouldn't consider me as italian for identity but I have roots from this country.

Don't get me wrong, I like you, but I think you probably waste too much time with the likes of Italic Roots.

Italians are trolled for many reasons, there are long lasting stereotypes created by pieces of popular culture like "The Godfather" and so on, there is also the fact as you've said that Italians are definitely darker and that there are also some exotic phenotypes that can pop up but Italians are definitely more trolled than any other southern Euro country so it's not entirely because of the pigmentation.
    Sure, but I think the trolling is mostly prevalent in anthroforums. In real life most people don't even think being ''dark'' is ''bad''. If Italians (or Spaniards, Greeks etc) are perceived as having darker features than Germans or British maybe it happens because it's true? I mean, we cannot go against reality.

If someone is half-Italian that person has rights to identify with the Italian part IMO, but not to claim to be fully Italian. The difference between you and some of the people you posted is basically because your Italian ancestors choose to marry white persons from other ethnicity and their ancestors choose non-white persons.

I think threads like this end up doing more harm than good. It makes Italians look bad.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    There are plenty of "real" Italians that can be used for trolling, why would anyone pick a Moroccan girl?
    Italians that look like that are very difficult to be found (italian name and very very exotic face), so they choose foreigners or a person with mixed ancestry to fulfill their goal.

People like Francesco Cosenza are very unusual. But not so unusual if you choose a foreigner.

Of course they make the thread saying : "classify italian...." without giving the precisions to inducein error.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information