Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you agree with current citizenship laws?

Last Online
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,179
    Given: 9,810

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karol Klačansky View Post
    Every third guy in Hungary has the last name Toth, which means Slovak in Hungarian.
    According to wikipedia there are 213000 Tóth in Hungary, it's not 33% of the complete population. And the "horvath" family name is most common in Slovakia which means "croat" so by your logic you guys are assimilated croats:
    https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/u...3/surnames.jpg

Historically there have been tons of Slovak villages in Hungary, what happened to those people? All magyarized.
    Really? Where were these tons of villages? Only few thousand slovak lived in Békés:
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...fa005cc94bb2ab

An older map:
    https://alchetron.com/cdn/kingdom-of...esize-750.jpeg

So where? By the way that happened:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czecho...ation_exchange

Slovaks didn't do this to Hungarians and have to suffer the consequences now.
    They did as well. lol

Also, if they didn't abuse their neighbors so much the last 200 years of their Hungarian empire, then we would all be one country to this day. They treated all of their neighbors like sh** and now complain we all left them.
    Every single european great power did it, not just hungarians. The hungarian minority laws were more liberal than russian, ottoman, french and many other at this time.

Tell me one former member of the kingdom of Hungary who has a good opinion of them? Slovaks, Romanians, Serbians, Croatians, ruthenians...not one has a good opinion of them. Plus many ethnic Hungarians in Slovakia are supportive of Slovakia now and think of themselves as Slovak citizens, many don't want to join up with Hungary.
    Croats and hungarians are friends, and there are no problems between hungarians and ruthenians. Serbs have problem with all of their neighbour, so... And yes slovaks are very supportive except when they want to destroy Budapest with their tanks:

""we will get into our tanks and level Budapest"

By Jan Slota

And except when they beat hungarian for using hungarian language like Marina Hedvig did:

So stop larping as innocent angel lol

but the fact that all of your neighbors dislike your government and despise how Hungary behaved towards them historically should encourage you to put yourself in their shoes.
    This "all" of neighbours are only serbs, romanians and slovaks, but not croatas, austrians or slovenes, so this is also not true. About history, i always hear this "what hungarians did in 19. century" but i have never heard when hungarians saved your ass from ottomans and the mongol genocide maniacs in the medieval age who massacred almost only the central regions where hungarians lived. So what? There were positive and negative things just like everywhere.

Then we have to hear comments all the time like "im older than Slovakiabor you can write all of slovaks history in one sms". Go onto any YouTube video that is dedicated to Slovakia and look at the comments, littered with Hungarians attacking the country.
    Why do you care these retards? There are stupid and dumb peopels everywhere, in Slovakia too.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,945
    Given: 12,163

0 Not allowed!

the word "magyar" used as an insult, synonym for stupid in Slovakia:

at 1:36

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

2 Not allowed!

When somebody only brings up negative aspects about an entire population, without also acknowledging the positive parts, they just prove how much hatred they have in their heart of hearts. Largely chauvinists go down this route of blaming and accusing certain modern people for some times when their ancestors were mistreated by said people's ancestors. But any reasonable person, with knowledge of little bit of history knows that the past is never this black and white how chauvinists try to falsely portray. Nobody can lie about and take away the almost millenary common history of the ancestors of Slovaks and of Magyars, when we both shared a common state and enjoyed great victories and common hardships together, side by side. Yes, the Hungarian elite messed it up big time regarding minority policies in late 19th and early 20th century, but this shouldn't justify any pay-back or revenge politics applied against Hungarians, who now they happen to be the minority in the newly formed states. Let's not apply 19th century politics in the 21st century, and try to move on, so everyone could feel at home in their country.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    the word "magyar" used as an insult, synonym for stupid in Slovakia:

at 1:36
    LOL!

I can understand almost everything written there

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 06:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Slovak-American
    Ancestry
    75% Slovak, 19.5% British Isles, 2.5% German, 1.5% Swiss German, 1.5% French. (Paper trail)
    Country
    Slovakia
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1a-m458(L260)
    mtDNA
    U4b1b1
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM
    Politics
    Christian
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    ya mom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,539
    Given: 1,369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    According to wikipedia there are 213000 Tóth in Hungary, it's not 33% of the complete population. And the "horvath" family name is most common in Slovakia which means "croat" so by your logic you guys are assimilated croats:
    https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/u...3/surnames.jpg

Really? Where were these tons of villages? Only few thousand slovak lived in Békés:
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...fa005cc94bb2ab

An older map:
    https://alchetron.com/cdn/kingdom-of...esize-750.jpeg

So where? By the way that happened:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czecho...ation_exchange

They did as well. lol

Every single european great power did it, not just hungarians. The hungarian minority laws were more liberal than russian, ottoman, french and many other at this time.

Croats and hungarians are friends, and there are no problems between hungarians and ruthenians. Serbs have problem with all of their neighbour, so... And yes slovaks are very supportive except when they want to destroy Budapest with their tanks:

""we will get into our tanks and level Budapest"

By Jan Slota

And except when they beat hungarian for using hungarian language like Marina Hedvig did:

So stop larping as innocent angel lol

This "all" of neighbours are only serbs, romanians and slovaks, but not croatas, austrians or slovenes, so this is also not true. About history, i always hear this "what hungarians did in 19. century" but i have never heard when hungarians saved your ass from ottomans and the mongol genocide maniacs in the medieval age who massacred almost only the central regions where hungarians lived. So what? There were positive and negative things just like everywhere.

Why do you care these retards? There are stupid and dumb peopels everywhere, in Slovakia too.
    Lol one person beat up by some random hooligans is not the same as teachers in school beating children for speaking their own language. Slovaks do not and have never done this whatsoever. Austria, slovenia, and even Croatia were not directly under hungarian control, dont be disingenuous. Every country that was formally under hungarian control was left disgusted by you guy's behavior.

Many Croatians did come to certain parts of slovakia and assimilate into the culture so what? I dont deny this. Many old slavic tribes were associated with the term "Chorvat" the same way sorbians and serbians are related in name at least. Most likely this is the origin of the name Horvat in slovakia.

I have no problem with normal hungarias, they are people just like anyone else and not different to slovaks or romanians or anyone, but its not a minority of people who make those comments and look down on slovakia. I have hungarian friends here in Austria, but they all make these kinds of comments, and it gets annoying after a while. Southern slovakia has belonged to Slovak borders for over 100 years now, its not us claiming part of your country as ours, its you. If you cant understand how people get tired of this then you are choosing to be blind to that fact, you arent helping relations between our two countries. As I mentioned many hungarian slovaks are actually proud to be part of slovakia now and dont want to seperate.
    “Cool Story bro”
    63.1% Belorussian + 36.9% French @ 3.85

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Slovak-American
    Ancestry
    75% Slovak, 19.5% British Isles, 2.5% German, 1.5% Swiss German, 1.5% French. (Paper trail)
    Country
    Slovakia
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1a-m458(L260)
    mtDNA
    U4b1b1
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM
    Politics
    Christian
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    ya mom
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    When somebody only brings up negative aspects about an entire population, without also acknowledging the positive parts, they just prove how much hatred they have in their heart of hearts. Largely chauvinists go down this route of blaming and accusing certain modern people for some times when their ancestors were mistreated by said people's ancestors. But any reasonable person, with knowledge of little bit of history knows that the past is never this black and white how chauvinists try to falsely portray. Nobody can lie about and take away the almost millenary common history of the ancestors of Slovaks and of Magyars, when we both shared a common state and enjoyed great victories and common hardships together, side by side. Yes, the Hungarian elite messed it up big time regarding minority policies in late 19th and early 20th century, but this shouldn't justify any pay-back or revenge politics applied against Hungarians, who now they happen to be the minority in the newly formed states. Let's not apply 19th century politics in the 21st century, and try to move on, so everyone could feel at home in their country.
    Ive said many times most hungarians are good and normal people. Geez but when I point out that your government caused a big problem for my family because it hands out citizenship you cant understand this. Have I ever disliked one of your comments? no but youve disliked almost 3 of mine now. Dont be hypocritical. If you want me to talk about positive things about hungary there are many but you guys immediately started attacking me and claiming southern slovakia rightfully belongs to you. It all wouldve belonged to you if your ancestory didnt abuse the minorities in those countries. Slovaks were proud members of the kingdom of hungary until that time period. Im just explaining to you why many slovaks have negative opinions about you guys, because you guys still have a patronizing attitude.
    “Cool Story bro”

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Slovak-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Slovakia
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1a-m458(L260)
    mtDNA
    U4b1b1
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid + CM
    Politics
    Christian
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    ya mom
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Ive said many times most hungarians are good and normal people. Geez but when I point out that your government caused a big problem for my family because it hands out citizenship you cant understand this. Have I ever disliked one of your comments? no but youve disliked almost 3 of mine now. Dont be hypocritical. If you want me to talk about positive things about hungary there are many but you guys immediately started attacking me and claiming southern slovakia rightfully belongs to you. It all wouldve belonged to you if your ancestory didnt abuse the minorities in those countries. Slovaks were proud members of the kingdom of hungary until that time period. Im just explaining to you why many slovaks have negative opinions about you guys, because you guys still have a patronizing attitude.
    “Cool Story bro”

Last Online
    01-12-2023 @ 11:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

I think that if I prove a link mainly with the language I agree. I have friends who made it. although the hungarian diaspora in brazil was low

Last Online
    04-30-2023 @ 06:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic and Hungarian
    Ethnicity
    Central European
    Ancestry
    Thüringa Deutschland and Various parts of Hungary
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Politics
    Right wing Nationalist
    Religion
    Traditional Catholic.
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 350
    Given: 201

1 Not allowed!

I freely admit I am an irredentist, but I need one foot in reality so I see Hungary just can't open a can of whoop ass on Europe like they did centuries ago.
    Those who only want their just deserts will get them, along with a bad stomach ache!

50% Deutschland
    50% Magyarország

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information