PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Are Serbs and Croats the same people? - Page 27
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Are Serbs and Croats the same people?

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Est.1992 View Post
    Not really, Croats have more R1a than Hungarians.
    Ofcourse we are not closest to Serbs, they are too dark and eastern looking (like you but taller)
    I used to think serbians look similar to us until i traveled there. Not more than 20-30% looked familiar to be.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I used to think serbians look similar to us until i traveled there. Not more than 20-30% looked familiar to be.
    Could you describe differences between people in your region and Serbs? It's ineresting to hear.
    I have never been to Serbia.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

I noticed Serbs and Romanians are pretty different on average, and also that many Romanians have unique look different than any other people.
    A lot of Romanians merchants from Romania (not Romanian minority from Serbia) were present in Pančevo and I went often there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pančevo
    One period I watched Romanian TV, and I have same impression as from Pančevo.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Could you describe differences between people in your region and Serbs? It's ineresting to hear.
    I have never been to Serbia.
    Apart from them being very tall, they have completely different facial features. Overall they’re significantly lighter, i’d compare them to moldova region in terms of color, lighter overall than south moldova as well but they don’t look moldovian either. Serbians have longer faces, somehow more western looking, if that makes sense. Very few mediterranean looking people, surprisingly. I was expecting much more. A lot of men look like member Dusan romanian and serbian seem similar genetically if we look at this region but if we look at how western people overlap each other, we can see that the similarity isn’t that big

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    I noticed Serbs and Romanians are pretty different on average, and also that many Romanians have unique look different than any other people.
    A lot of Romanians merchants from Romania (not Romanian minority from Serbia) were present in Pančevo and I went often there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pančevo
    One period I watched Romanian TV, and I have same impression as from Pančevo.
    It’s true, romanians do have their own look. Now that i’ve seen both bulgaria and serbia i can say that romanians look much more similar to bulgarians but still both bulgarians and romanians don’t overlap completely. There are quite significant differences still.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Apart from them being very tall, they have completely different facial features. Overall they’re significantly lighter, i’d compare them to moldova region in terms of color, lighter overall than south moldova as well but they don’t look moldovian either. Serbians have longer faces, somehow more western looking, if that makes sense. Very few mediterranean looking people, surprisingly. I was expecting much more. A lot of men look like member Dusan romanian and serbian seem similar genetically if we look at this region but if we look at how western people overlap each other, we can see that the similarity isn’t that big
    Thanks! That make sense, I also think Dušan looks like typical Serb. You mentioned nobody approached you in Serbian, did anyone guessed where you're from?
    In Croatia I think most people would guess you Ukrainian or something like that, because they aren't really familiar with Romanian people.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thanks! That make sense, I also think Dušan looks like typical Serb. You mentioned nobody approached you in Serbian, did anyone guessed where you're from?
    In Croatia I think most people would guess you Ukrainian or something like that, because they aren't really familiar with Romanian people.
    I once asked ukrainain members here if i looked ukrainian and they've said they've never seen a girl with my look lol. i've been in ukraine too and i agree with them but maybe in crimea wouldn't be impossible no, i didn't ask them everyone was talking english to me

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2020 @ 06:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,583
    Given: 5,443

0 Not allowed!

If two groups speak the same language, share common history, live side by side and have great genetic and phenotypical overlap then it's the same people. I'd add the bosniaks and montenegrins as belonging to the same ethnic group. I'm not saying that serbs are orthodox croats or that croats are catholic serbs and that one groups should dominate the other.

I don't care for history lessons and replies. I formed an opinion a long time ago.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I once asked ukrainain members here if i looked ukrainian and they've said they've never seen a girl with my look lol. i've been in ukraine too and i agree with them but maybe in crimea wouldn't be impossible no, i didn't ask them everyone was talking english to me
    Well, people would see you as ''Eastern European'' of sort, but you don't look really Slavic. It's just your features have more eastern vibe compared to average here.
    Maybe somebody would guess Turkey, but to most Turks are stereotyped as Arab looking lol.

I noticed here people have no idea about Eastern Balkan phenotypes (lack of exposure) apart from Macedonians, who don't look completely same as Bulgarians either.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Well, people would see you as ''Eastern European'' of sort, but you don't look really Slavic. It's just your features have more eastern vibe compared to average here.
    Maybe somebody would guess Turkey, but to most Turks are stereotyped as Arab looking lol.

I noticed here people have no idea about Eastern Balkan phenotypes (lack of exposure) apart from Macedonians, who don't look completely same as Bulgarians either.
    i agree. there is significan difference in look between east and went balkan people. serbs are definetely in the "west" category.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information