Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

0 Not allowed!

Let Germany and Sweden be fucked as warning for other nations.

This way the idiocracy here has at least some meaning.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Funny how Sweden's sports teams are still not quite as non-white as those of England, France, Switzerland, the Benelux nations or even Portugal. Anyway, hysterical propaganda notwithstanding, a good percentage of foreigners in Sweden are from neighbouring Nordic countries and Eastern Europe. 'Foreign' does not automatically mean Somali or Syrian.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Funny how Sweden's sports teams are still not quite as non-white as those of England, France, Switzerland, the Benelux nations or even Portugal. Anyway, hysterical propaganda notwithstanding, a good percentage of foreigners in Sweden are from neighbouring Nordic countries and Eastern Europe. 'Foreign' does not automatically mean Somali or Syrian.
    In time those will. Immigration just has much longer history in those 3 countries than it does in Sweden. Here in Sweden many immigrants don't train majority ethnic's sports ... that much (yet). Of course there has been one ''gypsy'' called Zlatan, ''mixed'' H. Larsson and I have already seen few dark skinned hockey players (Sweden's league). Most of ''immigrants'' can still be seen among of track athletics (runners, jumpers etc). Still they are coming to team sports as well.

Finns numbers have stayed pretty same since early 70's (Swedes themselves came to Finland and hired Finns from Finland ... so whose ''fault'' those are?). After that ... some Finns have moved back to Finland and new ones opposite to Sweden (pretty natural between neighbours). Lately it has been Finnish Swedes and high educated people (not blue collar people like 1960's) who have moved to Sweden.

Since 1980's Sweden's immigrants have mainly come much more far than from Finland.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 02-23-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Give them time to attend Swedish sport schools.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    In time those will. Immigration just has much longer history in those 3 countries than it does in Sweden. Here in Sweden many immigrants don't train majority ethnic's sports ... that much (yet). Of course there has been one ''gypsy'' called Zlatan, ''mixed'' H. Larsson and I have already seen few dark skinned hockey players (Sweden's league). Most of ''immigrants'' can still be seen among of track athletics (runners, jumpers etc). Still they are coming to team sports as well.

Finns numbers have stayed pretty same since early 70's (Swedes themselves came to Finland and hired Finns from Finland ... so whose ''fault'' those are?). After that ... some Finns have moved back to Finland and new ones opposite to Sweden (pretty natural between neighbours). Lately it has been Finnish Swedes and high educated people (not blue collar people like 1960's) who have moved to Sweden.

Since 1980's Sweden's immigrants have mainly come much more far than from Finland.
    Finland-Swedes moved to Sweden before today (probably even more in the 1950s, since I bet that those employers first targeted the Swedish-speakers):

The thing is that for years and decades, people who defended Sweden's generous immigration policy used to be victorious in debates, owning their opponents into a silence of shame, by saying that Finns were the largest majority group of immigrants in Sweden. Now they can't say that anymore, because Finland is number 3 and surpassed by both Iraq and Syria, and Arabic is a bigger language than Finnish.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Finland-Swedes moved to Sweden before today (probably even more in the 1950s, since I bet that those employers first targeted the Swedish-speakers):

Yes, but even if they would have ''stolen'' all of us at 1960's - 1970's .... the total number would have been much too small. Nope. That time (then big mass of Finns moved to Sweden) .... Swedes took all they could. All the way to Joensuu (East) or Ouleborg / Kajaana (North).

That is actually the main reason why those Finns faced lots of challengers in Sweden .... as they could't speak Swedish! Comments: En Finne igen ... comes from that era. They learned Swedish just in Sweden. They were blue collar workers in factories like Volvo or Saab.

Just mentioned that 2006 - 2019 ... our (Finnish Swedes) share has been pretty high among of ''Finns'' who have moved to Sweden. Keeping in minds our small % of all Finns.

The thing is that for years and decades, people who defended Sweden's generous immigration policy used to be victorious in debates, owning their opponents into a silence of shame, by saying that Finns were the largest majority group of immigrants in Sweden. Now they can't say that anymore, because Finland is number 3 and surpassed by both Iraq and Syria, and Arabic is a bigger language than Finnish.

Yes. Forums like this likes to point out the differencies between Swedes and Finns. Nothing wrong of that. But seriously; Finland is neighbour country (no matter will people like it or not) + Finland was part of Sweden 700 years! Yes, Finns looks different, behaves differently but still shares lots of common. Here bit ironically because of Swedes themselves. Finland reminds the most of Sweden if we skip Denmark and Norway away. Sometimes even more than those (what comes to laws).
    So Swedes really should not have compared Finns (how those integraded to Sweden) to any other immigrants. Especially to these immigrants who now comes outside of Europe. That has actually been Swedes biggest mistake with their immigration policy.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 02-23-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Do they become swedish citizen automaticaly?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Do they become swedish citizen automaticaly?
    Finns? Nope, but since 1950's they have been able to move Sweden fully freely (live, study, work etc.) as into all Nordic countries.
    Dual nationality is possible later one (as that is accepted in both countries).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,589
    Given: 462

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Yes, but even if they would have ''stolen'' all of us at 1960's - 1970's .... the total number would have been much too small. Nope. That time (then big mass of Finns moved to Sweden) .... Swedes took all they could. All the way to Joensuu (East) or Ouleborg / Kajaana (North).

That is actually the main reason why those Finns faced lots of challengers in Sweden .... as they could't speak Swedish! Comments: En Finne igen ... comes from that era. They learned Swedish just in Sweden. They were blue collar workers in factories like Volvo or Saab.

Just mentioned that 2006 - 2019 ... our (Finnish Swedes) share has been pretty high among of ''Finns'' who have moved to Sweden. Keeping in minds our small % of all Finns.

Yes. Forums like this likes to point out the differencies between Swedes and Finns. Nothing wrong of that. But seriously; Finland is neighbour country (no matter will people like it or not) + Finland was part of Sweden 700 years! Yes, Finns looks different, behaves differently but still shares lots of common. Here bit ironically because of Swedes themselves. Finland reminds the most of Sweden if we skip Denmark and Norway away. Sometimes even more than those (what comes to laws). [/COLOR]So Swedes really should not have compared Finns (how those integraded to Sweden) to any other immigrants. Especially to these immigrants who now comes outside of Europe. That has actually been Swedes biggest mistake with their immigration policy.
    I didn't say that the majority of the immigrants were Finland-Swedes, but you were almost insinuating to me that Finland-Swedes did not start to move to Sweden until the 00's.

Already in the 19th century, a great many of the emigrants from Finland to America were Finland-Swedes and the moving out of so many was a problem in the region of Ostrobothnia, whereas they had to be replaced with ethnic Finns and tensions occurred.

I know that many Finns moved to Sweden and that tensions occurred, and even today some Swedes do not like them as they're the only PC-approved group to stereotype and look down on (like liberal Earnest Hooton in his books), but they don't have a different religion (Islam) and I cannot tell if someone is half Finnish, if not for the surname.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I didn't say that the majority of the immigrants were Finland-Swedes, but you were almost insinuating to me that Finland-Swedes did not start to move to Sweden until the 00's.
    Did I? Well ... that's never my attention. Besides I know a lot better. Even I have relatives like that. Yes, Finnish Swedes have probably moved into Sweden all the time. Incl. Ĺlanders. I just ment ... that Finnish Swedes are not those ''Finns'' who created this famous 700 000 Finnish persons minority into Sweden at 1960's - 1970's. Or who created these sterotypes of Finns in Sweden. Nothing more. Sorry.

I know that many Finns moved to Sweden and that tensions occurred, and even today some Swedes do not like them as they're the only PC-approved group to stereotype and look down on (like liberal Earnest Hooton in his books), but they don't have a different religion (Islam) and I cannot tell if someone is half Finnish, if not for the surname.
    Yes, well these sterotypes occures both sides. Finns for example opposite don't like Swedes ways to ''diskutera'' everything (making decisions will take much too much time (in the eyes of Finns) => Finns become bored, tired and frustrated). Partly true with us too (Finnish Swedes). Plus some Finns keep Swedish men ... well ... ''soft''. But still we are talking about pretty small thing (if we think about Europe not to talking about whole world). Finns didn't rape Swedish, used bombs or created crime organizations into Sweden. They just drunk too much (but keep in minds .... those were workers/uneducated people). Big world's problems like drugs, motorcycle gangs etc. have actually arrived from Sweden to Finland.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 02-23-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information