Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the Greek Church ban Mixed-Marriages?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

0 Not allowed!

Default Should the Greek Church ban Mixed-Marriages?

Should the Greek Church ban Greek Mixed-Marriages like it did back in the 1970s.
    Greece’s population is expected to drop to 8 million by 2050.
    Greeks are not having children and they are marrying non-Greeks.
    In the 1970s, the Greek Orthodox Church banned Greeks from marrying non-Greeks.

What say you?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

3 Not allowed!

as long as it's Greece instead of Qatar and anyone has the right to love whoever they want, the answer is obviously no, especially since priests themselves aren't usually married

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Nope because their offspring will be Greek genus. But that offspring must marry a Greek to maintain genus or goodbye.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 450

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post
    Should the Greek Church ban Greek Mixed-Marriages like it did back in the 1970s.
    Greece’s population is expected to drop to 8 million by 2050.
    Greeks are not having children and they are marrying non-Greeks.
    In the 1970s, the Greek Orthodox Church banned Greeks from marrying non-Greeks.

What say you?
    Yes, the Orthodox Greek Church should ban mixed marriages, also the government should ban with a state law, all mixed marriages in the cities' Hall centers.
    Also the state should take the citizenship from those who have done mixed marraiges, and deport them from the country.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Mixed Marriages are fine, provided that the incoming spouse endorses and joins the Greek Orthodox Church; or, in my case, the incoming spouse can join any branch of the Armenian Church.

Last Online
    11-30-2023 @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    center right
    Hero
    Basil II the Bulgar Slayer
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 17

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Also the state should take the citizenship from those who have done mixed marraiges, and deport them from the country.
    stop the malakia buddy and find a girlfriend

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Mixed Marriages are fine, provided that the incoming spouse endorses and joins the Greek Orthodox Church; or, in my case, the incoming spouse can join any branch of the Armenian Church.
    The problem is not those who marry on a church ,since vast majority of them are religious and rarely marry outside of their ethnicity.
    The issue are those who marry on a town Hall, or live together under the law without being married. There the percentage scyrockets.
    ''Providing that the incoming spouse endorses and joins the Greek orthodox Church''
    WELL, U CANNOT FORCE ME OR MY CHILDREN , MARRY A MIXED ETHNICITY OR MIXED RACE PERSON.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, the Orthodox Greek Church should ban mixed marriages, also the government should ban with a state law, all mixed marriages in the cities' Hall centers.
    I feel this viewpoint is extreme. The state should have no authority in this regard and should not be able to take away the citizenship of a Greek who married a non-Greek. The state should not be able to deport someone because they married a non-Greek.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post
    I feel this viewpoint is extreme. The state should have no authority in this regard and should not be able to take away the citizenship of a Greek who married a non-Greek. The state should not be able to deport someone because they married a non-Greek.
    Imagine we had a country which was 90-95% homogenous during the 70s and the 80s, then the balkan horde invaded the country during the 90s. Now Africans, and Asians are coming by the tens of thousands every year.
    Including to the above the mixed marriages, and couples, the country is heading towards a Greek minority.
    Imagine that according to definition of Genocide, Genocide is implementation of actions that change the ethnic composition of a country, in part or in hole.
    So by mixed-marriages and procreation of children in these marriages, we in reality Genocide our ethnicity.
    U CANNOT FORCE ME OR MY CHILDREN MARRY A MIXED ETHNICITY OR RACE PERSON, BECAUSE AFTER SOME GENERATIONS IF THE MIXED MARRIAGES CONTINUE, THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPEN. THEY WILL HAVE TO PROCREATE WITH MIXED PEOPLE, OR TO NOT PROCREATE AT ALL, BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE NO OTHER CHOISE TO CHOOSE OF.

I would suggest we follow Israels path, and that of religious Jews, who prohibit mixed marrages.
    If a greek wants to mix his race or even ethnicity, thats fine by me, if he is taken all citizenship rights in Greece. He can live in melting pots like the US, Canada, or even Australia. This is what was happening in ancient Greece also, even in ancient Athenian Democracy.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Imagine we had a country which was 90-95% homogenous during the 70s and the 80s, then the balkan horde invaded the country during the 90s. Now Africans, and Asians are coming by the tens of thousands every year.
    Including to the above the mixed marriages, and couples, the country is heading towards a Greek minority.
    Imagine that according to definition of Genocide, Genocide is implementation of actions that change the ethnic composition of a country, in part or in hole.
    So by mixed-marriages and procreation of children in these marriages, we in reality Genocide our ethnicity.
    U CANNOT FORCE ME OR MY CHILDREN MARRY A MIXED ETHNICITY OR RACE PERSON, BECAUSE AFTER SOME GENERATIONS IF THE MIXED MARRIAGES CONTINUE, THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPEN. THEY WILL HAVE TO PROCREATE WITH MIXED PEOPLE, OR TO NOT PROCREATE AT ALL, BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE NO OTHER CHOISE TO CHOOSE OF.

I would suggest we follow Israels path, and that of religious Jews, who prohibit mixed marrages.
    If a greek wants to mix his race or even ethnicity, thats fine by me, if he is taken all citizenship rights in Greece. He can live in melting pots like the US, Canada, or even Australia. This is what was happening in ancient Greece also, even in ancient Athenian Democracy.
    Alexander the Great didn't marry Greek. What do you think about his ideals compared to yours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information