Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ask anything related to Serbia/Serbs

Nomad

0 Not allowed!

Hvala za informacije .But why they were so brutal and aggressive against to local Serbs?By the way they were fierce more than other local aga,mutesellim and knezes.I hope that i can find a beautiful,rich and academic source for this first period of the first serbian uprising.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,617
    Given: 4,629

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hvala za informacije .But why they were so brutal and aggressive against to local Serbs?By the way they were fierce more than other local aga,mutesellim and knezes.I hope that i can find a beautiful,rich and academic source for this first period of the first serbian uprising.
    Yes, they were brutal and criminal towards the ordinary people. They were local despots who took power by force against the will of sultan. Their behavior provoked First Serbian Uprising in 1804.
    In 1804 happened uprising against Dahije (not against Ottomans), but in 1805 turned in uprising against central Ottoman power, you have here around the middle https://royalfamily.org/about-serbia/ottoman-serbia/
    Even in Serbian historiography it's not written enough about Dahije. I doubt there is something more extensive about them of foreign historians.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

---
    Milenko Stojković executed Dahije, but he is also known by something else.

I opened thread about him https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ho-had-a-harem

Nomad

1 Not allowed!

I think they were mostly locals.I see some Bosnian,Albanian,Vlach or Serbian names when i read about Turkish people of Belgrade and Smederevo.Maybe these clashes usually were among Turkified/Muslim Serbs and Slavic/Orthodox Serbs.

As a Turkish guy i have different opinion for your major knezes Karadorde was brave and violent but not good on manipulation/diplomacy.Milos Obrenovic was the Tokugawa of Balkans,i think so.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think they were mostly locals.I see some Bosnian,Albanian,Vlach or Serbian names when i read about Turkish people of Belgrade and Smederevo.Maybe these clashes usually were among Turkified/Muslim Serbs and Slavic/Orthodox Serbs.

As a Turkish guy i have different opinion for your major knezes Karadorde was brave and violent but not good on manipulation/diplomacy.Milos Obrenovic was the Tokugawa of Balkans,i think so.
    Miloš Obrenović was first taykun in the Balkan. He was so rich that he borrowed money to sultan, and according to some historians even to Rotschild.
    Yea, he was skilled in diplomacy and good manipulator. Under the his rule Serbia got authonomy in Ottoman empire and border expansion.

In Sanjak of Smederevo strong majority of Muslims were islamized Serbs. Minority were islamized other Balkanites like Albanians, Vlachs, Bulgarians and real Turks.
    Muslims of Sanjak of Smederevo mostly moved to Bosnia (especially in East Bosnia) after the Serbian uprisings and few decades later when Serbia was semi independent. Many present day Bosniaks from Bosnia know that their ancestors arrived from Serbia in 19th century. For example ancestors of user Hurem Sultan came to East Bosnia from Užice in western Serbia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Užice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information