"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,023
    Given: 10,276

0 Not allowed!

Default Act of Contrition

This is a Catholic prayer that I find most beautiful.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

1 Not allowed!

What is beautiful about it!? The tree is corrupt! This is the offering of Cain: the fruit is the ground from which man was taken, thorns and thistles. The is the religion of man, not the religion of Christ. This is works-salvation, man's attempt to save himself through his own acts of contrition and penance (or "cooperating" with grace). This is Satan appearing as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Christ has saved His people from their sins. It's finished; it's accomplished! He will never lose a single one that the Father has given Him (John 6:37-39, 17:2). But such "acts of contrition" as the one you posted are rejected by God, just like Cain.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    What is beautiful about it!? The tree is corrupt! This is the offering of Cain: the fruit is the ground from which man was taken, thorns and thistles. The is the religion of man, not the religion of Christ. This is works-salvation, man's attempt to save himself through his own acts of contrition and penance (or "cooperating" with grace). This is Satan appearing as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Christ has saved His people from their sins. It's finished; it's accomplished! He will never lose a single one that the Father has given Him (John 6:37-39, 17:2). But such "acts of contrition" as the one you posted are rejected by God, just like Cain.
    It's a song about repentance. It isn't UnBiblical.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    It's a song about repentance. It isn't UnBiblical.
    It's not biblical. The singer mentions detesting his sins because he dreads the loss of heaven. It is impossible to "lose" heaven; those who will go to hell were never saved to begin with (e.g., Matthew - 7:23, "I never knew you"). As I showed before, Jesus will never lose one of His sheep. The singer also mentions doing penance, which is a Roman Catholic sacrament wherein the one confessing sins must do so to a priest and is expected to perform some works to expiate sins. This diabolical doctrine and practice denies the finished work of Christ and His very office as the one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Christ is the atonement for sin, not man! Nothing man can do can ever atone for his sins. Only by the blood of Christ is there remission of sins (Hebrews 9:22-28, 10:10-14). And there are no more "priests," for Christ is our high Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16). Rome's "priests" are nothing but impostors!

Paul makes it clear that righteousness does not come by works of law. It never did come any way other than grace (see Psalm 32:2 and Romans 4:6-8 - blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin). For those laboring under the bondage of the law, it would be well-advised to pluck out one's right eye or cut off one's right hand rather than sin and go to hell - see Christ's words in Matthew 5:29-30. Or, for the rich young ruler asking what good thing he might do to inherit eternal life, Christ tells him to sell everything he had. Can you imagine giving up 100% of your possessions? These sayings, I believe, are not to be understood literally; rather, these words are meant show us the impossibly onerous requirements imposed by the law. But Christ offers rest and an easy yoke to those who labor and are heavy laden under this burden (Matthew 11:28-30).

Roman Catholicism is very much "of the law" - insofar as so-called "mortal sins" are said to nullify God's grace and must be expiated. It's a system of salvation based on works and sacraments. It's not unlike Israel under the law. However, it is rejected, just like Cain, as I mentioned. Just like the bondwoman and her son (Galatians 4:21-31), Paul making clear that the earthly Jerusalem was cursed and under the bondage of the law, and that the one born after the flesh persecutes the one born after the Spirit.

After expounding upon the reality of the full and free pardon that comes from the faith of Jesus Christ (you might call this "eternal security"), the apostle Paul in Romans chapter 6 deals with what you might call the "anticipated objection" to his doctrine. He asks, shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound? The answer, of course, is no. And Paul clearly goes on to explain why in Romans 6. But this "anticipated objection" does indeed show that this was precisely the doctrine of Paul. It was pure grace - not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy (Romans 9:16).

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's not biblical. The singer mentions detesting his sins because he dreads the loss of heaven. It is impossible to "lose" heaven; those who will go to hell were never saved to begin with (e.g., Matthew - 7:23, "I never knew you"). As I showed before, Jesus will never lose one of His sheep. The singer also mentions doing penance, which is a Roman Catholic sacrament wherein the one confessing sins must do so to a priest and is expected to perform some works to expiate sins. This diabolical doctrine and practice denies the finished work of Christ and His very office as the one Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Christ is the atonement for sin, not man! Nothing man can do can ever atone for his sins. Only by the blood of Christ is there remission of sins (Hebrews 9:22-28, 10:10-14). And there are no more "priests," for Christ is our high Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16). Rome's "priests" are nothing but impostors!

Paul makes it clear that righteousness does not come by works of law. It never did come any way other than grace (see Psalm 32:2 and Romans 4:6-8 - blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin). For those laboring under the bondage of the law, it would be well-advised to pluck out one's right eye or cut off one's right hand rather than sin and go to hell - see Christ's words in Matthew 5:29-30. Or, for the rich young ruler asking what good thing he might do to inherit eternal life, Christ tells him to sell everything he had. Can you imagine giving up 100% of your possessions? These sayings, I believe, are not to be understood literally; rather, these words are meant show us the impossibly onerous requirements imposed by the law. But Christ offers rest and an easy yoke to those who labor and are heavy laden under this burden (Matthew 11:28-30).

Roman Catholicism is very much "of the law" - insofar as so-called "mortal sins" are said to nullify God's grace and must be expiated. It's a system of salvation based on works and sacraments. It's not unlike Israel under the law. However, it is rejected, just like Cain, as I mentioned. Just like the bondwoman and her son (Galatians 4:21-31), Paul making clear that the earthly Jerusalem was cursed and under the bondage of the law, and that the one born after the flesh persecutes the one born after the Spirit.

After expounding upon the reality of the full and free pardon that comes from the faith of Jesus Christ (you might call this "eternal security"), the apostle Paul in Romans chapter 6 deals with what you might call the "anticipated objection" to his doctrine. He asks, shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound? The answer, of course, is no. And Paul clearly goes on to explain why in Romans 6. But this "anticipated objection" does indeed show that this was precisely the doctrine of Paul. It was pure grace - not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy (Romans 9:16).
    Sins will keep us out of heaven if we do not repent. Backsliden Christians are not going to make it. Salvation is a daily walk and you must turn and repent of sin. Sin also separates us from God.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    Sins will keep us out of heaven if we do not repent. Backsliden Christians are not going to make it. Salvation is a daily walk and you must turn and repent of sin. Sin also separates us from God.
    You are gravely wrong. If sins committed as a Christian could keep us out of heaven, then no one could be saved. No one is without sin (1 John 1:8). And even as Paul said, when he would do good, evil is present within him (Romans 7:21-24), as it is for every sinner - even as Christ told His disciples that they were evil (Luke 11:13). Only God is good (Matthew 19:17). Man can do no good to procure or retain salvation. What's born of the flesh is flesh.

Friend, if you believe this, you are trusting in yourself for salvation and not Christ, and you are in need of repentance. The one trusting in himself can never have assurance of salvation, which John says a man can have (1 John 5:10-13). The one trusting in himself would have to live out of a principle of fear, but the Scripture says perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:17-18). Jesus tells His disciples: be not afraid, it is I (Matthew 14:27, Mark 6:50, John 6:20), even as His voice calms storms physically and spiritually (Mark 4:39-40). The Bible says that the children of God may boldly approach the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16), which is not possible if one is worried about "falling from grace" (which expression in Galatians 5:4 does not mean a loss of salvation, but rather a fall from the correct doctrine of salvation by grace, which the context of this epistle shows). Contrition for sin in Christian living and repentance of sin are very important; but the one who stakes his salvation on it has not been made subject to the righteousness of God, but is rather is seeking to establish his own righteousness (Romans 10:3).
    Last edited by Wanderer; 04-15-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Last Online
    09-21-2023 @ 10:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

You are gravely wrong. If sins committed as a Christian could keep us out of heaven, then no one could be saved. No one is without sin (1 John 1:8). And even as Paul said, when he would do good, evil is present within him (Romans 7:21-24), as it is for every sinner - even as Christ told His disciples that they were evil (Luke 11:13). Only God is good (Matthew 19:7). Man can do no good to procure or retain salvation. What's born of the flesh is flesh.

Friend, if you believe this, you are trusting in yourself for salvation and not Christ, and you are in need of repentance. The one trusting in himself can never have assurance of salvation, which John says a man can have (1 John 5:10-13). The one trusting in himself would have to live out of a principle of fear, but the Scripture says perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:17-18). Jesus tells His disciples: be not afraid, it is I (Matthew 14:27, Mark 6:50, John 6:20), even as His voice calms storms physically and spiritually (Mark 4:39-40). The Bible says that the children of God may boldly approach the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16), which is not possible if one is worried about "falling from grace" (which expression in Galatians 5:4 does not mean a loss of salvation, but rather a fall from the correct doctrine of salvation by grace, which the context of this epistle shows). Contrition for sin in Christian living and repentance of sin are very important; but the one who stakes his salvation on it has not been made subject to the righteousness of God, but is rather is seeking to establish his own righteousness (Romans 10:3).
    Are you calvinist?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Are you calvinist?
    You could say so; I have no need for that label, however. I absolutely believe that God hath done whatsoever He hath pleased (Psalm 115:3).

Proverbs 16:9:

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Isaiah 46:9-11:

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Colossians 1:16:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Last Online
    09-21-2023 @ 10:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

You could say so; I have no need for that label, however. I absolutely believe that God hath done whatsoever He hath pleased (Psalm 115:3).

Proverbs 16:9:

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Isaiah 46:9-11:

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Colossians 1:16:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    Do you believe in unconditional election?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Do you believe in unconditional election?
    Yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information