"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Do you still not see that this is the burden of sin that Jesus saved His people from?

Salvation is not "of the law" - i.e., conditional from man's perspective. It is "of promise" as it was to Abraham - i.e., unconditional. As Paul says, it cannot be both! (Galatians 3:18)

But if it were conditioned on no willful sin then it'd be a horrible idea to read your Bible and learn how to please God better! (Romans 12:2). Because then you might find out about the true depths of your own sinfulness and exactly how you sin in ways you never knew before. Just like how Jesus said even looking at a woman with lust is tantamount to adultery, even if you commit no physical act. Now knowing that, you cannot willfully do these things any longer without threatening your salvation.

But the broad way to destruction is full of conditionalists trying to earn their own salvation. Conditionalism is the way of the world. The world hears and understands conditionalism.
    How old you were when you got saved? I was 17. It was a personal decision and I was lead by the Holy spirit. I didn't get saved by going to church or praying to Saints.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    How old you were when you got saved? I was 17. It was a personal decision and I was lead by the Holy spirit. I didn't get saved by going to church or praying to Saints.
    Why do you ask? What does that have to do with what I've been saying?

God saved His elect in Christ before the world began, in eternity (2 Timothy 1:9, Ephesians 1:3-6, Jeremiah 31:3). Christ saved His people in time by suffering and dying for them, and rising again (John 7:39, 19:30). In time also, He quickened them by the power of His Spirit when they were dead in sin (Ephesians 2:1, 5), apart from any willing or working on their part (John 1:12-13, Romans 9:15-16). In time, also, He baptized them into Christ by His Spirit (John 1:33, 1 Corinthians 12:13). And yet salvation is still in the future (Romans 13:11), when He will surely save every last one of them without exception (John 10:27-39, 17:2; Hebrews 7:25).

You see, then, how this precludes the idea that anyone for whom Christ died is "not going to make it."

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,029
    Given: 10,292

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Why do you ask? What does that have to do with what I've been saying?

God saved His elect in Christ before the world began, in eternity (2 Timothy 1:9, Ephesians 1:3-6, Jeremiah 31:3). Christ saved His people in time by suffering and dying for them, and rising again (John 7:39, 19:30). In time also, He quickened them by the power of His Spirit when they were dead in sin (Ephesians 2:1, 5), apart from any willing or working on their part (John 1:12-13, Romans 9:15-16). In time, also, He baptized them into Christ by His Spirit (John 1:33, 1 Corinthians 12:13). And yet salvation is still in the future (Romans 13:11), when He will surely save every last one of them without exception (John 10:27-39, 17:2; Hebrews 7:25).

You see, then, how this precludes the idea that anyone for whom Christ died is "not going to make it."
    Ok, thanks for answering. That's all I needed to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information