Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Japan became Christian in 1637?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,828
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I don't understand this attitude. Christianity, whether you like it or not and whatever its cultural origins, has been integral to European culture and history for more than 1000 years. It's not some "foreign religion," or at least not anymore.
    It's an Abrahamic religion that is heavily embedded with Greco-Roman culture and philosophical aspects in contrast to Judaism and Islam which is why Christianity is much more compatible with Europe than other Abrahamic religions.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 05:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,860
    Given: 7,347

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal900 View Post
    It's an Abrahamic religion that is heavily embedded with Greco-Roman culture and philosophical aspects in contrast to Judaism and Islam which is why Christianity is much more compatible with Europe than other Abrahamic religions.
    Well, if Christianity is true, it's simply the continuation of what we call Judaism. I don't differentiate between the two. Islam is indeed cut from another cloth.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,742
    Given: 16,840

1 Not allowed!

Well, if Christianity is true, it's simply the continuation of what we call Judaism. I don't differentiate between the two. Islam is indeed cut from another cloth.
    Christianity broke with Judaism and the New Testament is replacing alot of the old testament.

The catholic catechism is not recognizing Jews as chosen people.

782 The People of God is marked by characteristics that clearly distinguish it from all other religious, ethnic, political, or cultural groups found in history:

- It is the People of God: God is not the property of any one people. But he acquired a people for himself from those who previously were not a people: "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."202

- One becomes a member of this people not by a physical birth, but by being "born anew," a birth "of water and the Spirit,"203 that is, by faith in Christ, and Baptism.

- This People has for its Head Jesus the Christ (the anointed, the Messiah). Because the same anointing, the Holy Spirit, flows from the head into the body, this is "the messianic people."

- "The status of this people is that of the dignity and freedom of the sons of God, in whose hearts the Holy Spirit dwells as in a temple."

- "Its law is the new commandment to love as Christ loved us."204 This is the "new" law of the Holy Spirit.205

- Its mission is to be salt of the earth and light of the world.206 This people is "a most sure seed of unity, hope, and salvation for the whole human race."

- Its destiny, finally, "is the Kingdom of God which has been begun by God himself on earth and which must be further extended until it has been brought to perfection by him at the end of time."207

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Christianity broke with Judaism and the New Testament is replacing alot of the old testament.

The catholic catechism is not recognizing Jews as chosen people.

782 The People of God is marked by characteristics that clearly distinguish it from all other religious, ethnic, political, or cultural groups found in history:

- It is the People of God: God is not the property of any one people. But he acquired a people for himself from those who previously were not a people: "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."202

- One becomes a member of this people not by a physical birth, but by being "born anew," a birth "of water and the Spirit,"203 that is, by faith in Christ, and Baptism.

- This People has for its Head Jesus the Christ (the anointed, the Messiah). Because the same anointing, the Holy Spirit, flows from the head into the body, this is "the messianic people."

- "The status of this people is that of the dignity and freedom of the sons of God, in whose hearts the Holy Spirit dwells as in a temple."

- "Its law is the new commandment to love as Christ loved us."204 This is the "new" law of the Holy Spirit.205

- Its mission is to be salt of the earth and light of the world.206 This people is "a most sure seed of unity, hope, and salvation for the whole human race."

- Its destiny, finally, "is the Kingdom of God which has been begun by God himself on earth and which must be further extended until it has been brought to perfection by him at the end of time."207
    Christianity fulfilled Judaism; it didn't break with it. The whole Old Testament is the foreshadowing of Christ. I tend to agree that the New Testament indicates Jews have (at least for the time being) forfeited their chosen status in their apostasy. I was not implying that today's Jews are no different than Christians or that Christianity and contemporary Judaism are somehow kindred religions. But to view the Old and New Testaments as two separate religions only undermines Christianity. It destroys the very foundation upon which Christianity is built.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Christianity fulfilled Judaism; it didn't break with it. The whole Old Testament is the foreshadowing of Christ. I tend to agree that the New Testament indicates Jews have (at least for the time being) forfeited their chosen status in their apostasy. I was not implying that today's Jews are no different than Christians or that Christianity and contemporary Judaism are somehow kindred religions. But to view the Old and New Testaments as two separate religions only undermines Christianity. It destroys the very foundation upon which Christianity is built.
    Ok got it.

Yes ofc not, the Old Testament is still valid aslong it doesnt contradicts with the new testament.

And the basis on Judaism is a fact.

Christianity isolated from its roots, to me is still more European than Semitic. Based on the facts I stated here before.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Ok got it.

Yes ofc not, the Old Testament is still valid aslong it doesnt contradicts with the new testament.

And the basis on Judaism is a fact.

Christianity isolated from its roots, to me is still more European than Semitic. Based on the facts I stated here before.
    Surely, it is neither European, nor Semitic? Neither Jew, nor Greek? It is a universal religion, the religion of the Creator of every people group on Earth and free to any person on Earth, if we are to believe the Bible.

But I would definitely agree that it is so ingrained in European culture that it cannot be characterized as Semitic from a cultural perspective.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

2 Not allowed!

No, actually it isn't. What we know as modern Judaism actually developed after the birth of Christianity. And the core book of Judaism is the Talmud, which is rejected by Christians and is newer than the Bible.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,917
    Given: 44,995

2 Not allowed!

Surely, it is neither European, nor Semitic? Neither Jew, nor Greek? It is a universal religion, the religion of the Creator of every people group on Earth and free to any person on Earth, if we are to believe the Bible.

But I would definitely agree that it is so ingrained in European culture that it cannot be characterized as Semitic from a cultural perspective.
    Yes you are correct. The Christian truth is universal to all mankind, it is God's message and outreach to all humans.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,828
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, actually it isn't. What we know as modern Judaism actually developed after the birth of Christianity. And the core book of Judaism is the Talmud, which is rejected by Christians and is newer than the Bible.
    The Talmud is simply a collection of rabbinic sayings of prominent rabbis of the old and so on similar to 7adiths in Islam. Judaism is primarily based on the Torah and so on. Jews strictly believe in monotheism which is why they reject Jesus as their messiah. For Muslims, they simply believe Jesus as a man created by god since they too believe strictly in monotheism as well. Islam and Judaism are more similar to one another than to Christianity really.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal900 View Post
    The Talmud is simply a collection of rabbinic sayings of prominent rabbis of the old and so on similar to 7adiths in Islam. Judaism is primarily based on the Torah and so on. Jews strictly believe in monotheism which is why they reject Jesus as their messiah. For Muslims, they simply believe Jesus as a man created by god since they too believe strictly in monotheism as well. Islam and Judaism are more similar to one another than to Christianity really.
    Christianity is monotheistic.

Not our problem if Muslims and Jews lie about the trinity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information