Thread: Where does the tradition of sending your kids to college come from?

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Default Where does the tradition of sending your kids to college come from?

Hey guys,
    I'm curious where does this tradition to send your kids to college comes from? I know in other countries this practice isn't that popular. At least the country, where my family is from Peru I have never heard of this before.
    In fact, sending your kids to college would be highly impractical. Since people live in close proximity from universities it would be a short drive to the university(15m to 20m at most) for most people. It would make sense to go to university only to study and then go back home.

Moreover, I heard form Europeans that even if they move out of their parents house they will live off-campus and not have dorm situation like in America colleges.I've seen this practice of dormitory living throughout the USA. In fact, the only exception would be universities in New York where housing is limited and you have to live off-campus.

Does it have to do with how towns are build? In that there's small towns that cater to this young people's demographic?

I know in England its mostly 'fancy" schools like Oxford or Cambridge have this dorm living situation.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

1 Not allowed!

What

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    I'm curious where does this tradition to send your kids to college comes from?
    Simply because they saw that kids that went to college tended to do a lot better than those that didn't. Chinese parents dump their kids here, those kids have rich parents with connections to the CCP (because no poor chinaman makes his way here) have told me themselves that they see Canada as easy pickings.

I know in other countries this practice isn't that popular. At least the country, where my family is from Peru I have never heard of this before.
    Simply because your parents silently/passively resent your 300 lb lazy latin mongrel ass lel.

Isn't Peru a shithole? Peru is literally the FATTEST country in Latin America. In fact, so fucking FAT you have gangs roaming and killing people to drain their fat and sell for profit.

Go eat some picarones and wait to be harvested, Pedro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

0 Not allowed!

Hey guys,
    I'm curious where does this tradition to send your kids to college comes from? I know in other countries this practice isn't that popular. At least the country, where my family is from Peru I have never heard of this before.
    In fact, sending your kids to college would be highly impractical. Since people live in close proximity from universities it would be a short drive to the university(15m to 20m at most) for most people. It would make sense to go to university only to study and then go back home.

Moreover, I heard form Europeans that even if they move out of their parents house they will live off-campus and not have dorm situation like in America colleges.I've seen this practice of dormitory living throughout the USA. In fact, the only exception would be universities in New York where housing is limited and you have to live off-campus.

Does it have to do with how towns are build? In that there's small towns that cater to this young people's demographic?

I know in England its mostly 'fancy" schools like Oxford or Cambridge have this dorm living situation.
    Many American universities had residential living components early on, both private and public. And various universities attracted students from all over a state and the country, so they needed to residential aspect.

Thread Information