Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Thailand has no cases? Very surprising given the number of European tourists there.
    I live here and its 599 cases now. It jump from 411 yesterday. Around 188 cases increase.

Only last week, it was less than a 100. Its multiplying exponentially.

Right now only 1 death but it might increase.

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    I live here and its 599 cases now. It jump from 411 yesterday. Around 188 cases increase.

Only last week, it was less than a 100. Its multiplying exponentially.

Right now only 1 death but it might increase.
    We already have nearly 3,000 cases last time I checked here in NYC. By tomorrow is probably going to jump to more than 4,000. There are more people testing and that will increase the numbers. That shit is contagious as hell.

It is said that things here will get very ugly in April/May because that's when the pandemia will peak here in the city. We are the epicenter of the outbreak in the whole USA. Everybody here is freaking scared. Not only because a lot of people is saying that something similar to what Italy is suffering right now is going to happen to us but also because of the economy. They are expecting to have a recession similar to the one during WWII.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    We already have nearly 3,000 cases last time I checked here in NYC. By tomorrow is probably going to jump to more than 4,000. There are more people testing and that will increase the numbers. That shit is contagious as hell.

It is said that things here will get very ugly in April/May because that's when the pandemia will peak here in the city. We are the epicenter of the outbreak in the whole USA. Everybody here is freaking scared. Not only because a lot of people is saying that something similar to what Italy is suffering right now is going to happen to us but also because of the economy. They are expecting to have a recession similar to the one during WWII.
    Holy shit! Thats horrifying. Would food and water shortages happen from lockdown for several months?

Today in Thailand, its already 721 cases from 599. I feel its going to hit 1000 cases soon this week.

I thought tropical hot weather will help prevent the spread of virus quite a lot, but it seems to not be the case anymore.

I read somewhere that up to 2.2 million Americans and 510000 British can died if the virus goes unchecked.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Holy shit! Thats horrifying. Would food and water shortages happen from lockdown for several months?

Today in Thailand, its already 721 cases from 599. I feel its going to hit 1000 cases soon this week.

I thought tropical hot weather will help prevent the spread of virus quite a lot, but it seems to not be the case anymore.

I read somewhere that up to 2.2 million Americans and 510000 British can died if the virus goes unchecked.
    I was actually wrong in my first reply. NYC has already more than 12,000 as we speak now.
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/corona...00-in-nyc/amp/

Four days ago we had around 3,000 reported cases. That means that by the next two weeks we can easily see a total of 100,000 in the city alone. Yes, everything is closed here but we still don't have a mandatory lockdown similar to the one in California or Italy where they arrest you or give you a ticket for just being outside. I was in Midtown two days ago and took a walk on 6th Avenue in fact. Governor Cuomo doesn't think it's a good idea to close the entire city that way.

My main concern in this moment is my parents. My mother is 68 and is currently in therapy because of a mental breakdown this situation gave her. My dad is in the Dominican Republic whete the virus is growing and is 73. I don't want neither of them to get infected and die because one is diabetic and the other one had bronquitis a few years ago. The latter's inmune syster is also weakened at this point because of the episode she's having right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information