Right is right
    Religion
    A mystery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,477
    Given: 187

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    So few kids of whole generations have been tested/caught up as their young age ... partly for this purpose (competition). They have been educated special ways vs average kids ... and finally as they become adult age ... they'll move to western countries to benefit those. And the rest of kids will go through school systems which are **** like the PISA shows.
    I'm one of these children. We weren't educated in any special way. We were encouraged to use our natural gift. Yes, there was a teacher who spared some of his free time to help me and a few others. But no special government program, etc. In the west there are such special programs for gifted children.

I have lived all my life in one city in Bulgaria. High school, university, work. Living in another country isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Opposite I wonder is that the best / the fastest system to this:
    Develop your country's economy into the levels that others (Western EU) will not anymore need to support you.
    Nobody gives money for free. Eastern European countries have their share and abide to rules.

Last, but not least, Hungary in particular has been more advanced and developed than Finland until the last few decades. And after a few more decades, it will be, again.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,441
    Given: 31,606

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Galke View Post
    And give back north Transylvania
    I am from Moldova region so from my point of view Transylvania can join Hungary if they wish, I couldn't care less and have no problem with that. but Romanians already Romanianized the big cities, so only the Szekler land stayed heavily Hungarian and compact

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Good racial stock, and a respect for their culture and origins. I've always been impressed by the ability of Hungarians to resist occupation and carve out their own destiny in their history, now, and hopefully in their future. They are a lesson in how to resist against the global elite.

My only issue is some of them being Turanists and Turkophiles. The Hungarian flag in their flag is a crown granted to them by Michael VII Doukas, its so odd to see Finno-Ugric descendants larping as Turkics.
    People who founded Hungary were more Turkic than Ugric, both in lifestyle and genetics. And I don't think ''good racial stock'' plays any role here.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,960
    Given: 12,182

1 Not allowed!

I don't consider hungarians to be successful, because of the following:

(1) We are weak in terms of military both currently and historically. Nukes are considered a cool thing in the 20th and 21th century and we don't have them, so we aren't threatening to anyone like N. Korea is.
    North Koreans do whatever they want because they have nukes, people around the world respect the decisions they take.
    We lost almost every important battles in the past centuries. (revolution of 1956, WW2, WW1, war of independence of 1848-49, war of independence of 1703-1711, Battle of Mohács in 1526 and all those lost Battles lost vs Ottomans.)

(2) We have mediocre level of wealth and development (by European Union standards we can even be considered poor). Many hungarians leave Hungary and settle in Western Europe or in North America, such success indeed.

(3) We're very easily cucked by gypsies. They outbreed us with our taxpayer money in our own country and we do nothing about it.

(4) Hungarians tend to talk about a "1000 year old Great- Hungary" that was destroyed by Treaty of Trianon when in reality Great Hungary ceased to exist in 1526 (except for a short lived pseudo- independence during Austro-Hungarian empire).

(5) Nobel prize winners? Almost every single of them were of Ashkenazi Jewish origin, who were considered so Hungarian Hungary's government enacted its own Numerus clausus law against them (sarcasm) in order to prevent them from being overrepresented at Hungarian universitys. There were further anti-jewish laws in the 30s and 40s. We might as well consider Gypsies as Magyar/Hungarian too.

(6) Math/Physics olympiads? Nobody cares or even knows about them. Personally I learned they are thing when I came to this forum when and saw a Latin American user create a thread about a Peruvian math olympiad winner to demonstrate Native American intelligence (lol)

(7) We're good at one thing and only one thing: propaganda. We're good at convinicing foreigners we're successful, highly intelligent, historically great and powerful and whatever (while none of that is really true). Foreigners sometiomes believe this propaganda because they have zero previous knowledge about the country.
    Last edited by Universe; 03-22-2020 at 01:38 PM.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    I am from Moldova region so from my point of view Transylvania can join Hungary if they wish, I couldn't care less and have no problem with that. but Romanians already Romanianized the big cities, so only the Szekler land stayed heavily Hungarian and compact
    No point in that, Transylvania is majority Romanian and both countries are part of the EU. I don't see any reason why should one country rule over other where it's people are not majority of population.
    It would be nice if Szekely Land has some sort of autonomy though, they deserve it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,960
    Given: 12,182

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Always wondered the downfall of great nation, maybe the damned communism.
    There was no recent downfall. Hungary wasn't great or impressive in the past 500 years. Hell, we weren't even an independent country between 1526 and 1920.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Last, but not least, Hungary in particular has been more advanced and developed than Finland until the last few decades. And after a few more decades, it will be, again.
    Well; we will see that , won't we? So you are child genius? Did they learn you to control your emotions? Humans are animals (in the end) and we're making mistakes then getting power of our emotions. I have learned that via karate (and partly via figure skating).

In any cases, you could have choosen many easier countries in Europe (inc. from Western Europe). Not to mentioned future issues like global warming, pollution problems etc. You in the middle of Europe (living in much more polluted area) vs Finland with clean nature and huge clean groundwater areas.

There was a small political scandal few years ago (nothing serious just stupid comment) then one minister of goverment of New Zealand attacked against Finland (as a nation). He did that as he simply lost his temper ... as their opposition pushed him (Finland does this, Finland doesnthat) ... and he went and called Finland many ways. Well ... next Finns pissed off ... and started to list/compare facts/matters on the paper. Of course PM of New Zealans apology whole matter ... but over all that was partly interesting ... showing how difficult it is fully compare two nations. Two which both offers pretty good living conditions (as whole) to their citizens, but bit different ways.

I guess this this a question of potential of people, their wills to work behalf of their nation/country, resources and environment (political athmosphere).

What comes to Finns; don't fool yourself like Stalin. You should know better today. Finns have been able to show their potential only after 1917 (as they first time got under others). Before that they actually showed that in Sweden's Kings armies (for eample European 30 years war). All glory went to Sweden.
    1/3 of Finns men died in wars of Sweden ... basically almost all men participated those). Nope, that potential has always been in there. And future is up potential, not via history behind. So my friend ... you might byte too big fish now.

Still I wish you/Hungary/Hungarians all the best luck. Meaning: I really hope you can/could do that. Not only thinking about euros now but also all other levels of society structures. It is not away from here, and it just would make Europe stronger. Here we are sitting in the same boat.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 03-22-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,196
    Given: 9,818

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I doubt because Hungary has no such rich natural resources than Finland but historically Hungary has one of the oldest statehood, it was greatpower in the Medieval Age just like Austria-Hungary later with advanced culture. The Kingdom of Hungary played important role to stop mongols and ottomans and to save the european civilization from these muslims and foreigners and the hungarian living standars were much better in the most of history. Finland became richer since the last 50-70 years, the reasons: lack of communism and they have tons of natural resources.
    Last edited by Blondie; 03-22-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status