Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: WWII War Crime:75 Years Have Passed Since US and UK Air Forces Rained Death on Dresden!

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maintenance View Post
    And untouched military buildings around Dresden shows they just wanted to kill civilians, it was horrible to see the aftermath on the bombing.
    Absolutely. It was just cold-blooded murder. Personally, I guess that the Americans only got to understand what terrorism is when someone repaid them the favour on 9-11.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,234
    Given: 43,774

3 Not allowed!

More generally, Churchill was a grossly overrated Prime Minister. (Even some right-wingers like Peter Hitchens admit as much). Even leaving aside the fact that his own views towards Jews and Blacks were not greatly different to Hitler's, he was a terrible strategist and a warmonger. By 1945 the British had had enough of him.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    More generally, Churchill was a grossly overrated Prime Minister. (Even some right-wingers like Peter Hitchens admit as much). Even leaving aside the fact that his own views towards Jews and Blacks were not greatly different to Hitler's, he was a terrible strategist and a warmonger. By 1945 the British had had enough of him.

I remember reading that he actually allowed for Coventry to be bombed ? Is that true ?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    I remember reading that he actually allowed for Coventry to be bombed ? Is that true ?
    That's the first I've heard about it. My city of Swansea was also heavily bombed during a three day blitz, which saw most of the more attractive city centre buildings destroyed.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Actually.. those were a response to an RAF raid on Berlin and before that on Cologne.
    Germans started it first so they got exactly what they deserved. It is funny how Teutone , a German, actually realizes this but you don't :

Strategic bombing during World War II was the sustained aerial attack on railways, harbours, cities, workers' and civilian housing, and industrial districts in enemy territory during World War II. Strategic bombing is a military strategy which is distinct from both close air support of ground forces and tactical air power.[18]

During World War II, it was believed by many military strategists of air power that major victories could be won by attacking industrial and political infrastructure, rather than purely military targets.[19] Strategic bombing often involved bombing areas inhabited by civilians and some campaigns were deliberately designed to target civilian populations in order to terrorize and disrupt their usual activities. International law at the outset of World War II did not specifically forbid aerial bombardment of cities despite the prior occurrence of such bombing during World War I, the Spanish Civil War, and the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Strategic bombing during World War II began on 1 September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland and the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) began bombing cities and the civilian population in Poland in an indiscriminate aerial bombardment campaign.[20] As the war continued to expand, bombing by both the Axis and the Allies increased significantly. The Royal Air Force began bombing military targets in Germany, such as docks and shipyards, in March 1940.[21] In September 1940, the Luftwaffe began targeting British cities in the Blitz.[22] After the beginning of Operation Barbarossa in June 1941, the Luftwaffe attacked Soviet cities and infrastructure. From 1942 onward, the British bombing campaign against Germany became less restrictive and increasingly targeted industrial sites and eventually, civilian areas.[23][24] When the United States began flying bombing missions against Germany, it reinforced these efforts and controversial firebombings were carried out against Hamburg (1943), Dresden (1945), and other German cities.[]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strate...g_World_War_II

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Germans started it first so they got exactly what they deserved. It is funny how Teutone , a German, actually realizes this but you don't :

Strategic bombing during World War II was the sustained aerial attack on railways, harbours, cities, workers' and civilian housing, and industrial districts in enemy territory during World War II. Strategic bombing is a military strategy which is distinct from both close air support of ground forces and tactical air power.[18]

During World War II, it was believed by many military strategists of air power that major victories could be won by attacking industrial and political infrastructure, rather than purely military targets.[19] Strategic bombing often involved bombing areas inhabited by civilians and some campaigns were deliberately designed to target civilian populations in order to terrorize and disrupt their usual activities. International law at the outset of World War II did not specifically forbid aerial bombardment of cities despite the prior occurrence of such bombing during World War I, the Spanish Civil War, and the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Strategic bombing during World War II began on 1 September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland and the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) began bombing cities and the civilian population in Poland in an indiscriminate aerial bombardment campaign.[20] As the war continued to expand, bombing by both the Axis and the Allies increased significantly. The Royal Air Force began bombing military targets in Germany, such as docks and shipyards, in March 1940.[21] In September 1940, the Luftwaffe began targeting British cities in the Blitz.[22] After the beginning of Operation Barbarossa in June 1941, the Luftwaffe attacked Soviet cities and infrastructure. From 1942 onward, the British bombing campaign against Germany became less restrictive and increasingly targeted industrial sites and eventually, civilian areas.[23][24] When the United States began flying bombing missions against Germany, it reinforced these efforts and controversial firebombings were carried out against Hamburg (1943), Dresden (1945), and other German cities.[]

Teutone is just one of those Nie Wieder Deutschland crowd. As for war crimes: the Allies were no different. May need to remind you who were the ones who actually invented the concentration camp. Hint hint.. it wasn't the Germans.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post

I dont agree that it is deserved.

Just a logical consequence.

Discussing Germany I try to be objective and not let me nationality blind my judgement. I hope more guys here would do the same.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Having said what I said about Churchill, at least he was more weary of Stalin than Roosevelt was. He did famously warn about the "Iron Curtain sweeping through Europe" just after the War.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    I dont agree that it is deserved.

Just a logical consequence.

Discussing Germany I try to be objective and not let me nationality blind my judgement. I hope more guys here would do the same.
    Very commendable, although if you'd allow me to say so, at least part of this is due to your Americophilia, even though ironically the US is in many ways the absolute antithesis of your ideal of an ethnostate.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,997

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Having said what I said about Churchill, at least he was more weary of Stalin than Roosevelt was. He did famously warn about the "Iron Curtain sweeping through Europe" just after the War.
    Was the Iron Curtain bad in your opinion?

It delayed the process of Pan-European integration (which you are against, if I remember correctly) as well as the creation and expansion eastwards of the European Union, the existence of which you oppose (if I remember correctly).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information