Ethnicity
    East Slavic, Germanic, Indo-Aryan
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!

To be honest if we are not talking about quite light males, I don't think I have ever mistaken a South Asian for some other ethnicity, do you have any example?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpFork View Post
    To be honest if we are not talking about quite light males, I don't think I have ever mistaken a South Asian for some other ethnicity, do you have any example?
    Go watch some tiktoks of pakistanis/indians you will see what I mean

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Tucker View Post
    It is worth remembering that regardless of whatever definition you use, South Asia/ Indian subcontinent has a whopping 1.7billion+ people living there; only China comes remotely close, that too lagging by almost half-a-billion. To put that into context, 1 in every 4 people on this planet live in this densely-packed region!

So when we talk about even 5%, that's more people than Germany.

Those peripheral regions (KPK, Baluchistan, JK, Nepal, Assam) are sparsely populated compared to everywhere else. The average South Asian (90% confidence interval) has no chance of passing anywhere else for anyone who even has a basic understanding of the region.

Put it this way, how many of those 75% people living outside South Asia could pass disregarding those 'peripheral' regions? Very few from MENA and SE Asia, maybe an extreme outlier from LATAM.
    Go watch some tiktoks of pakistani/indian people you can see they easily pass outside south asia

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    In terms of South Asia as a whole, the main regions in which people will have differing appearances/genetics to ‘typical’ South Asians are:

- North/West regions of Pakistan (parts of which are more Iranic than South Asian, case in point KPK)

- Nepal (Mongolian, Southeast Asian, Tibetan admixture with many individuals sitting at majority East Eurasian)

- The seven sister states of India and Bhutan (the people of which all also have a large degree of East Eurasian ancestry)

Minus the seven sister states, Sri Lanka along with India and Bangladesh unless you also exclude some of the extremities in the latter two contain the most pan South Asian looking people with few exceptions. There is obviously a lot of diversity in the region but people abuse this fact to push dumb notions. Just think of the ludicracy of being told that a typical Bengali looks like a white skinned Central Asian or Arab on some anthroforum and going outside to see a sea of brown Bengalis with an uncanny resemblance to East Indians. If you want to see a typical looking person from a region just type ‘____ people’ into google images, as cliché as it sounds. People are fuelled with personal bias here.
    this woman looks more hispanic than indian:

https://www.tiktok.com/@nagmaa?lang=en

I suggest you get on tik tok to see for yourself

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I think that a sizable minority(around 30% of them) are able to pass in other parts of the world. The other 70%, or stereotypical looking ones, would not outside of megadiverse nations like Brazil. I fall into that latter category.

I have seen ones posted on here and European members say they can pass in Europe even, and they are not really anything special.
    I agree that a minority of Indians can easily pass in other ME countries including my area in Kurdistan. Similarly about 60% - 70% of my Kurdish relatives can easily pass in Pakistan and people would think they are Pakistanis if they saw them in the streets. Reason is a decent percentage of Pakistanis are Pashtuns, Brahuis, Balochis, Parsis and the like.

However, the majority of Indians have a very distinctive "Indian" look and it's because of the combination of Iran-N and AASI and in some cases Iran-N, AASI, SE Asian and some other cases Iran-N, AASI, steppe. This is a very distinct combination of diverged lineages not found anywhere in the world (except steppe) except in S Asia. Thus the distinctive look. I have seen a few S Iraqis and S Iranians who have this distinctive look too but that's about it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    I agree that a minority of Indians can easily pass in other ME countries including my area in Kurdistan. Similarly about 60% - 70% of my Kurdish relatives can easily pass in Pakistan and people would think they are Pakistanis if they saw them in the streets. Reason is a decent percentage of Pakistanis are Pashtuns, Brahuis, Balochis, Parsis and the like.

However, the majority of Indians have a very distinctive "Indian" look and it's because of the combination of Iran-N and AASI and in some cases Iran-N, AASI, SE Asian and some other cases Iran-N, AASI, steppe. This is a very distinct combination of diverged lineages not found anywhere in the world (except steppe) except in S Asia. Thus the distinctive look. I have seen a few S Iraqis and S Iranians who have this distinctive look too but that's about it.
    Where do I fall in this category?

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Where do I fall in this category?
    Never seen your photo

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    30 % is way too high man. I see Indians on a daily basis, that means 3 out of the 10 Indians could pass further west and that's simply not true. For the most part Indians have a specific sub continent look that is unique to that region. It's quite bizarre but it's the reality .
    It's called OWD. Indians and Pakistanis share equally in accountability for this lel.

Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greco
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 229

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Swarthy_Syndicate View Post
    South Asians have baby faces. Middle Easterners look more mature and have more robust features.

There is definitely a transition zone however. I'd say Pakistanis/North Indians are the merging line between MENA and South Asian phenotypes.
    Inconspicuous sock Trouble

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-08-2024 @ 04:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 741

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I think that a sizable minority(around 30% of them) are able to pass in other parts of the world. The other 70%, or stereotypical looking ones, would not outside of megadiverse nations like Brazil. I fall into that latter category.

I have seen ones posted on here and European members say they can pass in Europe even, and they are not really anything special.
    30% would mean around 600 million people and that is just pure unadulterated nonsense which you are spewing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information