Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Germanic Dorian Invasion of Greece.

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 05:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 105

2 Not allowed!

Even the one Thracian sample that we have is similar to Mycenaeans. Why would the Dorians be different?
    Whatever demographic impact they made (which could've been great) the genetic nature of Greece remained the same. Even though I believe Macedonians and Epirotes were a bit more northern shifted.

Dorians did not drop off the Airplanes of Sweden when they came in Greece but were close geographically.

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,062
    Given: 14,242

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    Even the one Thracian sample that we have is similar to Mycenaeans. Why would the Dorians be different?
    Whatever demographic impact they made (which could've been great) the genetic nature of Greece remained the same. Even though I believe Macedonians and Epirotes were a bit more northern shifted.

Dorians did not drop off the Airplanes of Sweden when they came in Greece but were close geographically.
    Exactly
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    By the time they started coming , there wasnt such thing as Greek, dont get confused
    As for they language, they most possibly spoke Greek language
    I'm not too sure about that. I think there was a thing as Greek at this time in the heart of Epirus. Without including Dodona and its historical evidence...

According to Georg Busolt, the Graecians were among the first to colonize Italy (i.e., Magna Graecia) in the 9th century BC when they established the city of Cumae; they were the first Greeks with whom the Latins came into contact, which then made them adopt the name of Graeci by synecdoche as the name of the Hellenes.

Aristotle (4th-century BC) records that during the deluge of Deucalion, the Graecians were the inhabitants of Hellas (i.e., "the country about Dodona and the Achelous [river]") who were also known as Hellenes.

In the Parian Chronicle, the Hellenes were originally called Graecians and established the Panathenean Games in 1522–1521 BC

The Dorian Invasion happened about 1100 BC

Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

No they wasn't Germans or Illyrians, first of Greeks aren't genetically close to Mycenaeans, because most of modern Greeks are dorians (1 of the 4 Greek races). The Ionian Aeolians and Achaeans (3 of the 4 Greek races) were the Mycenaeans. So that's why Greeks aren't close to mycenyans, because Greeks are dorians. Dorians come to Greece in 1.200 - 1.000 BC. According to homer, the areas where the Dorians lived before they came to Greece (Greece was smaller then and Greece was considered the Mycenaean and Minoan civilization) look like this map here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proto_Greek_Area_reconstruction.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	123706

this map shows where some Greeks lived (logically Ionians, Achaeans, Aeolians) in 3,000 BC (before they moved southest and create sivilizations) not the Dorians, but it looks like the places Dorians lived before they come to Greece in 1,200 - 1,000 BC according to homer. Other people says that dorians come from Northen that this but according to homer this is the place that they come from, today's north west and central west grecee and today's south albania. Most of Greeks today are Dinaric alpine, some Mediterranean 14-21% max Mediterranean phenotype (I mean all the Mediterranean phenotypes like atlantomed, pontid and others) and some mtebid 14-20% max mtebid phenotype. Dorians was only Dinaric and alpine. Spartans macedonians and epirus was pure dorians.

Last Online
    12-20-2023 @ 09:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Because we all know that sardinians are slavs, not to mention that balkans who speak slavic languages have anything to do with slavs/protoslavs....lol

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information