View Poll Results: Who in Latin America tends to marry and mix with Whites more?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amerindians

4 57.14%
  • Blacks

1 14.29%
  • Both in equal measure

2 28.57%
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Who in Latin America tends to marry and mix with Whites more: Amerindians or Blacks?

kratz

0 Not allowed!

It's hard to make the comparison.

My theory is the that whites in Peru are heavily endogamous. Now, within my circle of friends, I've heard some of them are more prone to certain diseases because of this practice.

The Peruvians(Indigenous, Indomestistizos, Mestizos and Triracials) who moved out of Peru had no issue mixing with whites and other Latinos. In fact, they do quite well. I know guys who look like A Chal(triracial) and have white girlfriends. It seemed that the case is the same with dark skinned latinos they have an easier time in liberal countries with a higher white population.

Like Duffmann said above, miscegenation is much less now in Latin America since some countries are divided by class segregation. In fact, I would say its more common for Peruvians who left Peru and went to the USA or Europe to study to marry a white Americans and white Europeans. Over Peruvians married white or near-white in Peru. Since there's this class segregation. Even within this divide, if you go to an elite school. I've seen that the "whiter" students tend to hang out with other whiter students while the more admixed students hang out with more admixed one's.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,433
    Given: 13,138

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    OK but what about my second point, that as a proud right-winger you seem to agree with silly leftist identitarians?
    I don't follow ideologies. I just state facts. Here, it's not desirable for "whites" to marry pred native or SSA people.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,209
    Given: 43,751

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffmannn View Post
    There´s barely miscegenation nowadays between overwhelgmy european latin americans and overwhelgmy amerindians or black latin american. Must be near cero these marriages.

So the point of the conversation is useless.

But we can redirect it to other point: What´s more common, marriages between overwhelgmy european latin americans and mixed-amerindians (mestizos in any degree) or mixed-black (mulattos in any degree) latin americans?

I would say the first. But also this discussion is pointless because there´s barely overlap between both groups, in some countries theres only mixed-amerindians and whites, and in others there are only mixed-blacks and whites. So in some countries is more common the first option, and in others the second.

The single countries where the question would have sense are Venezuela, Panama, Nicaragua and Colombia, the amazonic region of Brazil, and some coastal regions in Ecuador and Peru, where both groups overlap.
    The thing is though that many Latin Americans with considerable Amerindian admixture can themselves look superficially White(ish), in a way that is far less common for Latin Americans with considerable Black admixture. Instead, my point is that those who look heavily Amerindian (I think that begins when people have at least 35-40% Amerindian admixture) tend to be more ethnocentric and closed to Whites (and others) than people with heavy Black admixture are.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kratz View Post
    It's hard to make the comparison.

My theory is the that whites in Peru are heavily endogamous. Now, within my circle of friends, I've heard some of them are more prone to certain diseases because of this practice.
    Yup. That's why they are starting to become retarded.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Following on from a discussion in another thread. I am very much talking about the present day, not colonial or early post-colonial history. IMO Black and heavily Black-admixed Latin Americans, as is the case elsewhere in the world, tend to be more relaxed about marrying out (especially with Whites, but also with others) than are Amerindian and heavily Amerindian-admixed Latin Americans, who by contrast tend to be much more ethnocentric, especially (but certainly not exclusively) if they still maintain a traditional culture and language. Nevertheless, I am interested in what others have to say about this.
    My theory is because Afro-groups live in closer proximity to whites for example like in Brazil, pure amerindians in general live farther away from the general population like in the Amazon(Western parts of the country), the ones who have little to no European admixture and close contact to people who live in major cities. Now with a place like Mexico purer amerindians aren’t as isolated like the ones in Brazil and the general population has mixed with Europeans since they’re more assimilated to Hispanic culture, giving way to a mestizo society.

So to answer your question Pure Amerindians are distant from everybody, especially the ones from who have less contact with general society(major metropolitan areas), Mestizos, Mulattos/Afro-groups(unless they live in a one of those communities of runaway slaves) are more even when it comes to intermixing with Europeans more since they live close to general Hispanic society(major cities and urban centers).

Unless your mestizo is a ethnocentric(Nican Tlaca or Viva la Raza) they’re not gonna have much issues mixing with White Hispanics unless you’re talking about White Anglos then Latinos in general have an issue with them not just Amerindian influenced Latinos

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    I don't follow ideologies. I just state facts. Here, it's not desirable for "whites" to marry pred native or SSA people.
    But my point is you implicitly seem to be agreeing with the 'White privilege' idiot theorists who claim that only Whites can be racist and never victims of it.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

But my point is you implicitly seem to be agreeing with the 'White privilege' idiot theorists who claim that only Whites can be racist and never victims of it.
    Not really. A native can be racist towards a black or vice versa.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not really. A native can be racist towards a black or vice versa.
    And towards a White too. (Now say it).

kratz

0 Not allowed!

Yup. That's why they are starting to become retarded.
    Jaja. Pues hablando enserio quiza alguien haga un estudio en el futuro. Lo que le ocurre a Anahi pues le ha ocurrido a algunos conocidos mios. Tal vez haya una basa cientifica porque si no hay diversidad genetica pues hay enfermedades.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The thing is though that many Latin Americans with considerable Amerindian admixture can themselves look superficially White(ish), in a way that is far less common for Latin Americans with considerable Black admixture. Instead, my point is that those who look heavily Amerindian (I think that begins when people have at least 35-40% Amerindian admixture) tend to be more ethnocentric and closed to Whites (and others) than people with heavy Black admixture are.
    Your problem seems to be that you think that if a native wants to marry a white girl there are going to be ten white chicks waiting in queue for him and that's not the case. It's irrelevant whether an amerindian wants to marry white or not, it will never happen anyway... unless of course, the indian is filthy rich.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information