Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,431
    Given: 31,588

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Great job again, Ion!

Are you sure Ardelean, Maramures isn't mixed? He is 39% and no other unmixed Transilvanian in the list scores more than 30%.
    all the northwestern area of Maramuresh county is Rusyn territory, Rusyn/Hutsul villages. in Sighet there's a full Ukrainian-language high-school for those Rusyns. also in Maramures it's the seat of the Union of the Ukrainians in Romania and also the seat of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Romania. my home village is in the Maramures-Bucovina Ukrainian-inhabited continuum in Romania.

as I was explaining elsewhere, the people in the villages are Ukrainian ethnics but whenever one of them moves away he voluntarily Romanianizes, sometimes not even mentioning to friends that in his home village people speak Ukrainian. so you can get these half-Ukrainian Romanians with one Ukrainian parent, and for example if the father is Romanian you will think where does he get his Baltic from, since he has Romanian last name, but it's the Ukrainian mother maybe. I've known plenty of cases in Cluj and Suceava as well like this. of course, maybe it's not the case here, but just to let you know of your Russkie brothers from the Carpathians in Romania.

at the last census Maramures county had:
    "Ukrainians (including Hutsuls and other Rusyns) - 6.77% (or 31,234)"

the real number is maybe double, people usually avoid declaring themselves Ukrainian, they fear of ties with Russia or not to have legal consequences (out of ignorance and poor information from the state). it's an entirely rural area.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,748
    Given: 3,188

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Great job again, Ion!

Are you sure Ardelean, Maramures isn't mixed? He is 39% and no other unmixed Transilvanian in the list scores more than 30%.
    Maramures is the most Slavic admixed region in Transylvania, in which mixing has been ongoing since the Middle Ages till today.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,889
    Given: 18,287

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    all the northwestern area of Maramuresh county is Rusyn territory, Rusyn/Hutsul villages. in Sighet there's a full Ukrainian-language high-school for those Rusyns. also in Maramures it's the seat of the Union of the Ukrainians in Romania and also the seat of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Romania. my home village is in the Maramures-Bucovina Ukrainian-inhabited continuum in Romania.

as I was explaining elsewhere, the people in the villages are Ukrainian ethnics but whenever one of them moves away he voluntarily Romanianizes, sometimes not even mentioning to friends that in his home village people speak Ukrainian. so you can get these half-Ukrainian Romanians with one Ukrainian parent, and for example if the father is Romanian you will think where does he get his Baltic from, since he has Romanian last name, but it's the Ukrainian mother maybe. I've known plenty of cases in Cluj and Suceava as well like this. of course, maybe it's not the case here, but just to let you know of your Russkie brothers from the Carpathians in Romania.

the real number is maybe double, people usually avoid declaring themselves Ukrainian, they fear of ties with Russia or not to have legal consequences (out of ignorance and poor information from the state). it's an entirely rural area.
    Which towns exactly in Maramureș? My last name came from north central Maramures in the 12th/13th century but has no ties to Ukrainians.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

How many will be in Suceava and Botoșani?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

1 Not allowed!

Transylvania proper Romanians seems pretty close to Wallachians, correct me if wrong?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,505
    Given: 1,507

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Est.1992 View Post
    Transylvania proper Romanians seems pretty close to Wallachians, correct me if wrong?
    They are intermediate between Wallachians and Moldavians. Look for the averages at the bottom.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Est.1992 View Post
    Intermediate, I think only Southern Transylvanians are close to Wallachians, these ones from the far north (some of them) score high Baltic and low East Med, and look like Moldo/Ukro mixes from RM.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

2 Not allowed!

Cool. That individual is similar to Daos who is half xoxol and 25% Polish.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Transylvania_proper_average,23.98,26.24,17.43,9.61 ,17.51,1.68,0.64,0.62,1.13,0.54,0.40,0.09,0.12
    Moldavia_average,23.95,27.75,16.63,9.82,16.58,1.48 ,0.60,0.47,1.34,0.60,0.46,0.16,0.16
    R.Moldova_average,24.02,29.09,16.48,9.92,14.66,1.8 6,0.59,0.57,1.48,0.64,0.43,0.16,0.10
    Wallachia_average,22.68,24.86,17.47,11.15,18.47,2. 11,0.71,0.70,0.85,0.41,0.36,0.16,0.06

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast