Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Probably caused by leftover Oxygen still left in Neural tissues.
    Then how do you explain the fact that they were able to hear discussions at the other side of the Hospital ? Also why would a brain in lack of oxygen produce such vision ? Why always the same kind of visions all around the world ?

here the opinion of a neurosurgeon who had an NDE :

I'm extremely pragmatic but in the case of NDE it's still a plain mystery

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,315
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    Then how do you explain the fact that they were able to hear discussions at the other side of the Hospital ? Also why would a brain in lack of oxygen produce such vision ? Why always the same kind of visions all around the world ?

here the opinion of a neurosurgeon who had an NDE :

I'm extremely pragmatic but in the case of NDE it's still a plain mystery
    NDE could just be hallucinations too . Some could be real but I doubt they saw a slice of the hereafter. The veil of the unseen is lifted when the soul leaves the body and enters the hereafter .

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Also, there is no current Prohibition no first causes in modern science (as I said before, it based on outdated Aristotelian and Platonic logic). In the standard cosmological model, inflation makes it debatable whether the multiverse had a beginning or not. Theoretical physicists continue to propose models of eternal Universes, such as Conformal Cyclic Cosmology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confor...clic_cosmology
    Sorry for sticking my nose in your conversation, but there are things which can't be called good science and things which can be called good science. Cyclic model is not a model better than some fractal new age stuff or Theistic takes on Big Bang cosmology. There is no proper mechanism which could cause cosmos to rearrange itself eternally and go through cycles. Actually it's even worse than that; eternal cycles seem to be improbable from what we know about cosmology. Penrose himself called his theory "a crazy theory". A crazy theory based on mechanical, naturalistic explanation is just as abstract explanation as God.

What comes to inflationary models and the multiverse, we don't know yet if we are part of the multiverse. If we are, then many models still have a beginning but inflation goes on eternally. It's not eternal in the past unless you trick eternal space time of some sort with quantum fluctuations all over it. This does not exist as far as i know. Also this universe is the only universe we can study, it might very well be that this is the only universe we have. Universe might not be as flat as we think [1] and inflation which was brought to solve the flatness problem too might go away, at least what comes to eternal inflation. Eternity is a mathematical concept, it's not a cosmological concept, we have to remember this. But a secular mind needs eternity of course, naturalistic and mechanical type of eternal mechanism, otherwise it's hard to escape from some sort of concept of God. Not like eternal creation and spirituality wouldn't fit, Jewish mysticism has that concept for instance. It's not really eternal but close enough.

[1]

Even in an environment of True nothingness, there is something. Both Stephan Hawkings and Lewrence Kruass dispute the concept of true nothingness.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle
    Well quantum nothingness is the best nothingness we can get, but that doesn't mean quantum physics are able to explain our existence just like that. We don't have a theory of quantum gravity neither do we know how to deal with a singularity.
    Last edited by Methuselah; 04-09-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    NDE could just be hallucinations too . Some could be real but I doubt they saw a slice of the hereafter. The veil of the unseen is lifted when the soul leaves the body and enters the hereafter .
    read my first question again pls ...it can't be hallucinations if these people were able to see their relatives in other rooms and listen to their discussions

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Honestly you've just rambled on stating theories without giving reasonable reasons . Kalams cosmological arguement is a very reasonable argument based on observation . In the known universe , everything requires a cause . The universe itself is contingent therefore the universe could not have caused itself nor always existed . According to Consensus science , the universe had a starting point . Even Stephen hawking concluded the universe would need an uncaused cause , but didn't know what it could be . Your theories are at best other alternatives for reasons to believe how the universe came to existence without the need for a cause , but that's just theory models without any reasonable evidence.

Whatever caused the universe by necessity has to be uncaused , as the issue of infinite regression will arise .

I'll just leave this debate taken place at Oxford university .

https://youtu.be/1n-zYRZy5NQ
    I doubt you read what I wrote, looking at how fast you replied.
    Why should whatever caused the universe by necessity has to be uncaused? Because of the issue of infinite regression. Its an issue for you theists, not for most Scientists.
    And what your conclusion, that is uncaused Agent is God, ergo, my religion is the truth and the Qur'an is the most sublime word of God? As rthe old Americans Saying goes, you cannot get there from here.
    At best, you own argument called for an agnostic form of Deism. Most Muslim apologist know this and thus supplement their arguments either by making claims foreknown scientific knowledge in the Koran that cannot possibly come from an 7th century illiterate Arab (pre-supposing that the Hadith and Sirah's account of Mohammed is accurate) or arguments for the Qur'an literacy miracle (i.e. saying that Qur'an is written in such a way that it could only come from God). When one examines those arguments with scrutiny, its does not stand up to reasonable evidence, and most of claims are what Historians called 'reading between the lines', in other words, looking at verse and making exaggerated claims about them. In fact many of the claims are outright false (like Semen coming from the back bones an rips)

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

You live a virtuous life according to who ?

Are you a good person if you take care of your neighbours but neglect and ignore your parents ?
    What is your take on Islamic apostasy laws? Do you think it's right to kill a person just because he or she disagrees with you on religion? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Honestly you've just rambled on stating theories without giving reasonable reasons . Kalams cosmological arguement is a very reasonable argument based on observation . In the known universe , everything requires a cause . The universe itself is contingent therefore the universe could not have caused itself nor always existed . According to Consensus science , the universe had a starting point . Even Stephen hawking concluded the universe would need an uncaused cause , but didn't know what it could be . Your theories are at best other alternatives for reasons to believe how the universe came to existence without the need for a cause , but that's just theory models without any reasonable evidence.

Whatever caused the universe by necessity has to be uncaused , as the issue of infinite regression will arise .

I'll just leave this debate taken place at Oxford university .

https://youtu.be/1n-zYRZy5NQ
    Well this argument lost its sense if we bring the multiverse theory ...

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

1 Not allowed!

Jesus Christ existed.
    Jesus Christ spread the word of God.

Good and Evil forces exist outside the physical world.

These forces were written in depth by Ancient Greeks and later Christians after Jesus Christ was born to set the path straight.

If people believe they are smarter than Jesus Christ then good luck to them but don't shove your ineptness and know-it-all persona on others as you lack fortitude, understanding and respect.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,315
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

I doubt you read what I wrote, looking at how fast you replied.
    Why should whatever caused the universe by necessity has to be uncaused? Because of the issue of infinite regression. Its an issue for you theists, not for most Scientists.
    And what your conclusion, that is uncaused Agent is God, ergo, my religion is the truth and the Qur'an is the most sublime word of God? As rthe old Americans Saying goes, you cannot get there from here.
    At best, you own argument called for an agnostic form of Deism. Most Muslim apologist know this and thus supplement their arguments either by making claims foreknown scientific knowledge in the Koran that cannot possibly come from an 7th century illiterate Arab (pre-supposing that the Hadith and Sirah's account of Mohammed is accurate) or arguments for the Qur'an literacy miracle (i.e. saying that Qur'an is written in such a way that it could only come from God). When one examines those arguments with scrutiny, its does not stand up to reasonable evidence, and most of claims are what Historians called 'reading between the lines', in other words, looking at verse and making exaggerated claims about them. In fact many of the claims are outright false (like Semen coming from the back bones an rips)
    Outright false ? That claim has been refuted .

https://www.thedeenshow.com/scientif...bone-and-ribs/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/asadull...bone-ribs/amp/

You have created a strawman argument . No where did I mention god , Quran or prophet Muhammed .

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    What is your take on Islamic apostasy laws? Do you think it's right to kill a person just because he or she disagrees with you on religion? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy
    He will say that it was for Specific time period (like as if God is soppse to be contained by time lol). In real life, most Islamic scholar of the Sunni schools of thought agree that Apostacy is punishable by death. They only differ in time periods or how women factor in.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information