Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik20 View Post
    It is not the sound. It is the words. copchilărie vs copilărie (romanian), diparti vs departe, mari vs mare, maicuță vs măicuță. nieu vs meu, dzî vs zi, gioucu vs jocul, giucau vs jucau. Almost each and every word is different.
    The words are exactly the same. The pronunciation is slightly different for the simple reason that Slavic speakers have trouble pronouncing certain letter combinations found in Romanian.

Nobody creates different spellings for the same words. Australians don't say they speak a different language than Britons just because they pronounce the words differently. They also don't spell the words differently despite the distinct pronunciation.

This is a dumb argument.
    Last edited by ixulescu; 04-13-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,901
    Given: 18,310

0 Not allowed!

I'm surprised Moldovans went to my grandparent's Romanian-Orthodox church and became their friends. Given that Moldovans are a totally different race with a completely different language and cultural, you would think that would be too much to overcome .
    Last edited by Daco Celtic; 04-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-14-2020 @ 04:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cretanic
    Ethnicity
    Cretan
    Country
    England
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

3 Not allowed!

Do you have mental problems?

Its absolutely the same language and it's not even a thick Moldovian accent nor gives any problem in understanding it for even the southernmost Romanian.

Moldovians from the Republic of Moldova don't even have a Moldovian accent from what i've noticed, you speak like plain almost southern Romanians but with Moldovian regionalisms and a more or less thick Russian accent.There's no point denying it, almost all of you know Russian from a very young age, you are raised in as duo lingual.

Compare with these Romanians from Bacau(skip a few seconds, its mute in the first seconds), in the villages of Moldova this is the norm, but you will almost never find this super thick accent in the Republic of Moldova.This is how Ion Creanga spoke, not your robotic potato Russian accent Romanian.

And cut the crap with forceful "romanization" of moldovians or other groups from Romania, it never happened, its exactly like with other countries, for example, a Texan peasant moving to New York, he will adapt to the local standard over time, as proof people who didn't move out of their regions still keep their local way of speak.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cretanic
    Ethnicity
    Cretan
    Country
    England
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It is not the sound. It is the words. copchilărie vs copilărie (romanian), diparti vs departe, mari vs mare, maicuță vs măicuță. nieu vs meu, dzî vs zi, gioucu vs jocul, giucau vs jucau. Almost each and every word is different.
    of course, a shit ton of words are different when you have replaced pi with chi or e with i, etc .. this is also the norm in Romanian Moldova and as I've posted in the video above they are here even more accentuated/thick among the peasants than anything you can find in the Republic of Moldova.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

0 Not allowed!

you write diparti and nieu there in moldova? you can't be serious dude. this exists only in the spoken language and not in the written language

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,444
    Given: 31,618

0 Not allowed!

So, first one. What a better way to begin, but with a moldovan speaking korean. Very good moldavian language in this case. Almost perfect, but with some unfortunate romanian barbarisms as for example Romanian ulei instead of moldovan oloi. This is the result of the recent fenomenon of moldovans buying cooking oil from the shops where the labels unfortunately are written in walachian as ulei instead of oloi.
    in Vaslui we say undilemn (Romanian: untdelemn) - do you use it in Rep. Moldova? oloi not in use west of Prut afaik, but local Moldovan word undilemn is good enough, do you agree?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-15-2020 @ 03:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Hero
    Charles Darwin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 5

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mvakis View Post
    of course, a shit ton of words are different when you have replaced pi with chi or e with i, etc ..
    This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as there is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,748
    Given: 3,189

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    in Vaslui we say undilemn (Romanian: untdelemn) - do you use it in Rep. Moldova? oloi not in use west of Prut afaik, but local Moldovan word undilemn is good enough, do you agree?
    Yes, is used, undilemn or oloi.

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,444
    Given: 31,618

1 Not allowed!

This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as the is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.
    totally agree - IT IS A BIG THING the switch we are facing west of Prut in the language if we go from rural side to urban side - urban Moldavian is not even Moldavian anymore - can I call "ci faci, bini" Moldavian? no, it's not, the Moldavian is the one in the countryside, "și fași, ghini?" „vrai sî mînși harbuz?” „și ti scarchini, ti mîncî chielea?” „fa chișorcoaso, du-ti la mă-ta șî zî-i sî dei chisăt la răț, uni îmblî?” „futuț chizda nori măti” „futuț șeapa căpri măti” „uăi poț merji pi chișioari? hai sî-l dușim pînî la poartî la dînsu, cî poati mai chicî prostu pintr-o rîpî, nie la el și bat îi, o băut cît o jitî” etc etc
    Last edited by Nurzat; 04-13-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Cretanic
    Ethnicity
    Cretan
    Country
    England
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is what makes the difference. All languages are dialects. A few sounds here and there, and a few words here and there made the Portuguese a different language from Spanish. A few words and a few sounds make the Catalan language different from the Castilian language. So on and so forth. Romanian is a dialect of Moldavian as Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian. I don't want somebody else dialect, language call it as you want, killing my dialect. Is it clear? And I don't want my dialect killing somebody else dialect. Actually even Romania is suffering an extinction of the authentic dialects that is really a tragedy as the is nothing more disgusting and soulless that the standard romanian.
    You don't speak Moldovian save for some villages there, you speak a bastardized and russified version of Romanian, so there's no tragedy if your "language" goes extinct.
    JFL when you had to cherrypick a Korean-Moldovian old woman to give as an example and she barely speaks with a Moldovian accent, whereas I post a random Moldovian peasant video and everyone in it, even the kid, speak with a full thick Moldovian accent.

7:29 chieptăni, săseli, anieaza, chietroaie
    But honestly i dont even have to hint a moment, they speak proper moldovian all around.

Even the video title has a regionalism poiată

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information