mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

One of my points of this thread is how some regions in Iran (especially the Western and Sourthern portion are so overpopulated while other are very neglected despite very human friendly landscapes and climate. Semnan vs Isfahan is a prime example of that

Quote Originally Posted by Halgrud
    Historically speaking Khorasan was never very stable. It was constantly under threat from raiding Turkmen tribes.
    A way to counter this would be to overpopulated the region with more Iranian people imo.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

1 Not allowed!

I would like to visit Iran some day.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Persian-Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Iran
    Taxonomy
    Iranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,723
    Given: 5,103

1 Not allowed!

I think it should be left alone tbh. Looks more like a tourist attraction than anything.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    Hmm only Golestan I'd say is really suitable for living there compared to Yazd. Also idk why you included Golestan because it has nearly 2 million people when Yazd population is only 1, not to mention Goldestan is over 4x smaller than Yazd. But anyways, it is a mix of topography and history. Yazd has been populated since Parthian/Sassanid times, but there just wasn't many cities in the eastern Steppe, which is why not many people live there now. Also I think you are overestimating the mountainous/greenery climate of Khorasan/Semnan, it is still pretty flat compared to the west
    Attachment 97488 <--- Province Map
    Now compare it with Topography. You can see that most of Semnan is desert, and that cities are usually in the heart of the mountains or on the coastline. Also, Razavi Khorasan's population is over 6 million, more than most of the country

I have no personal experience about Semnan as you might have. But from what I have been reading about it's geography, and even according to images and google maps, it seems to be predominantly mountainous and plain lands (Semi Steppes)
    The province is divided into two parts: a mountainous region and the plains at the foot of the mountains. The former offers a scope for recreational activities as well as being a source for minerals, whereas the latter encompasses some ancient cities of Iran as one of the capitals of the Parthian Empire was located there. In Semnan, people have local language with special words and slang. the base of this language which it derived from is Pahlavi language the ancient language form Parthian.

The province neighbors Golestan and Mazandaran to the north, Tehran and Qom to the west, Isfahan to the south and Razavi Khorasan to the east.

Abr forest
    See also: Environmental issues in Iran
    This forest lies in the central province of Semnan, near its border with Golestan Province. It is one of the oldest forests in Iran which is a remnant of the third geological age. The Iranian Roads Ministry's decision to build a road through the forest sparked widespread protests last year.[when?]

The environmentalists, backed by the country's media, began a wide campaign against the ministry's decision, which finally led the Prosecutor General to order a halt in the construction of the road. However, all these efforts came to naught when it was announced in April 2008 that the government granted permission to the Roads Ministry to construct the road
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semnan_Province

The majority is made up of mountains and Semi Steppe lands. It is very similar to Teheran province. Only a part of it seem to be real Desert to be fair.
    Last edited by Demhat; 04-14-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eline View Post
    Climate change. In the past all ancient lands of Persia were beautiful, but during the last 5000 years a lot things changed in the Northern Mesopotamia and Iranian Plateau..

All green areas you mention were just peripheral parts of Media and later Persia. Persians lived around the urban centres like Persepolis
    It's not only climate changes though. For example where I come from almost the whole region was wiped out of it's green by bombs/rockets and burned down. It's sad.

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    One of my points of this thread is how some regions in Iran (especially the Western and Sourthern portion are so overpopulated while other are very neglected despite very human friendly landscapes and climate. Semnan vs Isfahan is a prime example of that

A way to counter this would be to overpopulated the region with more Iranian people imo.
    True but I guess the threat is long gone now.

Also I guess there's a tendency for governments to focus on growing already established urban centres.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eline View Post
    I don't agree. That part of nature should stay nature and not be screwed up by humans. Also, Persians don't belong there but rather in their historical places in SouthCentral Iran (Ilam, Fars).
    Dear I understand your concerns but Northern Syria was literally wiped out of it's Kurdish population within weeks. That region we are talking about and beyond was taken from it's original Iranic inhabidents. Persians might not be the first to belong there but they are certanly at second/third place if you consider who else is living there.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

0 Not allowed!

I have no personal experience about Semnan as you might have. But from what I have been reading about it's geography, and even according to images and google maps, it seems to be predominantly mountainous and plain lands (Steppes)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semnan_Province

The majority is made up of mountains and Steppe lands. Only little of it seem to be real Desert to be fair.
    I wouldn't base my assumptions of climate off of Wikipedia, they will always show the pretty parts. Here is a topography map of Semnan, you can see that its mostly flat
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    Not only that, but the average elevation proves this. Average elevation in Semnan is like 3500 feet, now compare it with a true mountain province like Isfahan where its over 5000 feet.

Overall, its mostly historical reasons that there are no big cities. People live now more or less where they did thousands of years ago (minus oil cities)
    The Age of R1 is over... The time of the J2, has come (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade
    I'd say Turanid/Alpine/Mediterranean mix.
    Target: DrMaul
    Distance: 0.00000%
    100.0 First Man - J2 Atlantean

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I wouldn't base my assumptions of climate off of Wikipedia, they will always show the pretty parts. Here is a topography map of Semnan, you can see that its mostly flat
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    Not only that, but the average elevation proves this. Average elevation in Semnan is like 3500 feet, now compare it with a true mountain province like Isfahan where its over 5000 feet.

Overall, its mostly historical reasons that there are no big cities. People live now more or less where they did thousands of years ago (minus oil cities)
    I am not questioning that Semnan is flat for most. The point I am trying to make is that flat doesn't mean desert. A very large part of Semnan seems to be Semi Steppes instead of desert.

I mean lands like this. This is not really desert but Semi Steppe land.
    W7RC3Y.jpg

But I know what you mean I am not denying that Semnan has Deserts too. 1/3 of Semnan is made up of Dasht e Kavir that is true. But still the rest is quite good land.

Nevertheless It is possibly because of it being historical regions as you mentioned.

Anyways a thank you to the people who helped me understand better why some of these regions are barely populated.

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,106
    Given: 3,279

0 Not allowed!

I am not questioning that Semnan is flat for most. The point I am trying to make is that flat doesn't mean desert. A very large part of Semnan seems to be Semi Steppes instead of desert.

I mean lands like this. This is not really desert but Semi Steppe land.
    W7RC3Y.jpg

But I know what you mean I am not denying that Semnan has Deserts too. 1/3 of Semnan is made up of Dasht e Kavir that is true. But still the rest is quite good land.

Nevertheless It is possibly because of it being historical regions as you mentioned.

Anyways a thank you to the people who helped me understand better why some of these regions are barely populated.
    Yeah, I get your point. The problem really is that you can't just throw whatever valuables you have on the back of a donkey and live somewhere else like you could back in the neolithic days lol. Yes, it is more livable in a lot of Semnan when compared to the harsh climates of some of the other parts but it is hard to build when there is no existing populace or infrastructure in a location, like the situation in the east
    The Age of R1 is over... The time of the J2, has come (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade
    I'd say Turanid/Alpine/Mediterranean mix.
    Target: DrMaul
    Distance: 0.00000%
    100.0 First Man - J2 Atlantean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information