Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Why are Germanic people more hardworking and more honest compared to many Eastern Europeans?

Last Online
    08-10-2020 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Kuban, Russia
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 171

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Yeah, but who really follows independent media? Some younger folks? Most Russians watch and read pro Kremlin media.

I have met only few Russians who accepted the fact that Finland was innocent. They were either a bit shocked to hear different story or just felt that Finns were being selfish and not capable of understanding Russia. Some were more informed on the topic (from Finnish point of view) but it really seems that it's not uncommon to find such takes from school books even. There must be an explanation why so many Russians still believe Finland attacked first and the only explanation is that this is the way kids are taught at school and at home.

Maybe modern books teach otherwise? By looking at the tweets museums and many politicians are posting in social media it doesn't look good. And by looking at the fact how many Russians love Stalin it doesn't look good either. Many Russians still believe in same things they were taught in Soviet Union so it's not a surprise that many see Finland being the one to start the whole thing by bombing Karelian village. We can see here how powerful propaganda is. How dumb you have to be in order to believe that some Finns bombed Russian village?
    thanks for the answer. it’s impossible that it to be teach at school. you can find a bunch of different opinions about this war but this does not mean that all Russians think so. about Stalin is already a cross-cutting topic here. who cares that in Russia many popular figures rinse along and across Stalin .. but no in your opinion we all hang his portraits at home and pray to him on an equal footing with Putin.
    I will say that most of the Russian population understands: as long as the chekists are officially in power in Russia they will never officially condemn Stalin because then it will mean:
    1) that the USSR is not a victorious country but the country is actually no better than Nazi Germany;
    2) that totalitarianism and the cult of personality is bad;
    3) a lot of crimes against the Soviet people will be declassified and as a result, condemned by the people, Stalin will become an enemy in the person of even his last fanatic.
    this all are detrimental to state propaganda Putin's Russia.

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,093
    Given: 10,128

0 Not allowed!

Yeah, but who really follows independent media? Some younger folks? Most Russians watch and read pro Kremlin media.

I have met only few Russians who accepted the fact that Finland was innocent. They were either a bit shocked to hear different story or just felt that Finns were being selfish and not capable of understanding Russia. Some were more informed on the topic (from Finnish point of view) but it really seems that it's not uncommon to find such takes from school books even. There must be an explanation why so many Russians still believe Finland attacked first and the only explanation is that this is the way kids are taught at school and at home.

Maybe modern books teach otherwise? By looking at the tweets museums and many politicians are posting in social media it doesn't look good. And by looking at the fact how many Russians love Stalin it doesn't look good either. Many Russians still believe in same things they were taught in Soviet Union so it's not a surprise that many see Finland being the one to start the whole thing by bombing Karelian village. We can see here how powerful propaganda is. How dumb you have to be in order to believe that some Finns bombed Russian village?
    I have just googled some random russian history textbook and it was written there that SU proposed the territorial exchange to Finland, and when it was reject SU decided to attack Finland, i don't remember which book i had in school, but i do remember clearly that the same opinion was stated there aswell, it was 2010-2012 year i guess. Nobody really believes here that Finland attacked first.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,667
    Given: 1,754

1 Not allowed!

Why are Germanic people more hardworking, more honest and more disciplined compared to many Eastern Europeans? Discuss please.
    Almost all the Pretorians Of Roman Emperors were Germans......

Last edited by renaissance12; 04-29-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

1 Not allowed!

It was my granddad. He threw the bomb. He was local javelin champion with great hand to throw.

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,730
    Given: 5,555

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    May I ask how often you have ''Idea''?
    At the moment in Russia there is a slow deliberalization and purging of pro-Western elites, coupled with reindustrialization and rearmament. This process is slow, since we are bogged down deep enough over the past 30 (even more) years. Soon a national idea will be formulated, and it will sound more or less like that - "Make Russia great again and put an end to the liberal world order."
    Russians often lose power in the country (and the idea) due to some innate naive romanticism and lack of rancor.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,161
    Given: 9,797

2 Not allowed!

It seems to me Alla Zima is the only russian user who condemn every totalitarian regime including soviet criminals and she has normal historical point of view.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    At the moment in Russia there is a slow deliberalization and purging of pro-Western elites, coupled with reindustrialization and rearmament. This process is slow, since we are bogged down deep enough over the past 30 (even more) years. Soon a national idea will be formulated, and it will sound more or less like that - "Make Russia great again and put an end to the liberal world order."
    Russians often lose power in the country (and the idea) due to some innate naive romanticism and lack of rancor.
    If a man has good idea he can move mountains and many a man has died a brutal death for a good cause.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alla Zima View Post
    thanks for the answer. it’s impossible that it to be teach at school. you can find a bunch of different opinions about this war but this does not mean that all Russians think so. about Stalin is already a cross-cutting topic here. who cares that in Russia many popular figures rinse along and across Stalin .. but no in your opinion we all hang his portraits at home and pray to him on an equal footing with Putin.
    I will say that most of the Russian population understands: as long as the chekists are officially in power in Russia they will never officially condemn Stalin because then it will mean:
    1) that the USSR is not a victorious country but the country is actually no better than Nazi Germany;
    2) that totalitarianism and the cult of personality is bad;
    3) a lot of crimes against the Soviet people will be declassified and as a result, condemned by the people, Stalin will become an enemy in the person of even his last fanatic.
    this all are detrimental to state propaganda Putin's Russia.
    Well, i didn't say that all Russians glorified Stalin, i said that too many of them did. There are a lot of them and to some degree Soviet nostalgia is understandable. It's just that people who glorify brutal leaders seem to have zero empathy towards small countries which suffered from the same psychopath they are fans of. The good thing is that Soviet Union is gone and many Russians are looking forward.

I respect you a lot Alla for the courage you have criticizing tyranny! It seems that it's a hard topic for many Russians but indeed should be discussed. Younger Putin condemned crimes of Soviet rule but it seems that modern Russia right now is lacking any type of self criticism. Russia simply lacks democracy and civilized ways of ruling the country. Even if they started some campaign about Stalin it would be probably done in a strange way, maybe they would just let Zhirinovsky scream or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    I have just googled some random russian history textbook and it was written there that SU proposed the territorial exchange to Finland, and when it was reject SU decided to attack Finland, i don't remember which book i had in school, but i do remember clearly that the same opinion was stated there aswell, it was 2010-2012 year i guess. Nobody really believes here that Finland attacked first.
    Thanks for checking this out. It seems that Russian school books do tell that the war was started by Soviet Union after Finland rejected proposed deal. I heard that some books don't mention the whole thing at all and in worst cases (like this https://www.labirint.ru/books/701023/) they mention this Harkonnen's AGM-114 Hellfire as the beginning. But in general they do as you said it seems, so sorry about that. I don't know why so many of them are misinformed on the topic then? Maybe because of the older generation having own views and if they are not really paying attention to the topic at school they stay misinformed.

Junior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-24-2020 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Turkic
    Ethnicity
    German, Crimean Tatar
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    none