Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Pushkin for Latvia “ridiculous, funny, humiliating”?

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,730
    Given: 5,555

1 Not allowed!

Default Why is Pushkin for Latvia “ridiculous, funny, humiliating”?

During quarantine, the brainless Latvian “intelligentsia” began to resent the Pushkin monument. This one.

Sandra Weinberga, an expert in the field of media, associate professor of RISEBA, simply cannot eat, looking at the great Russian poet. https://twitter.com/sandraveinberga/...02330250539009 - the post already deleted.
    “There is no place for such monuments in Riga, they supposedly testify to the emptiness of Latvian cultural ties and are essentially ridiculous and humiliating,” Professor Weinberga insists on her own.
    I will not ask now why this turbopatriot is walking around the park at a time when the country, exhausted in the fight against coronavirus, is sitting in houses and apartments under the risk of considerable fines, which the police willingly write out to everyone.

And I will not even remind you that the very Anna Kern, the wife of the commandant of the Riga garrison, lived in Riga. Pushkin wrote letters to her and devoted poetry.

I will omit today the fact that the professor is not alone. The "Latvian patriotic public", outraged by the rampant Russian classical poetry, has repeatedly desecrated this modest monument, sawing off parts of the sculpture or "decorating" the poet’s neck with a symbolic loop.

Today I’m talking about what patriots like this frantic Sandra consider Real Values, and I’ll start this chapter with a sculpture that the “Latvian patriotic public” erected in front of the Academy of Arts and which does not reject any true Latvian patriot:

Russian journalist Yuri Alekseev, a non-handshake one for the Latvian "patriotic public", drew attention to the legal document "CANON OF CULTURE OF LATVIA", which was written by the Latvians themselves - the best art experts, collecting in it 99 of the best cultural values in the history of the Latvian people. https://www.russkije.lv/ru/journalis...tvian-culture/

So, the meticulous Alekseev, having reviewed the entire list, found that 40% of the main cultural values of Latvians were created during the Soviet era, and another 28% in the dark times of Russian tsarism.

That is, almost 70% of all Latvian cultural achievements are achievements of the “damned occupiers” and “damned collaborators”.
    However, with the remaining 30%, not everything is so beautiful either. For example, “SILHOUETTE OF OLD RIGA”, formed by the Germans and Swedes, can’t relate to the Latvian ethnic culture. Not to mention the epic "Lāčplēsis", copied by the captain of the tsarist army from the Russian prince Vyacheslav Borisovich, who led the defense of Yuriev (Tartu) from the Teutons.

Addressing the Latvian intellectuals who fought so hard for national liberation and emancipation, Yura Alekseev draws attention to the main thing, which I would like to emphasize:
    "From your Canon it is obvious that over the last 21 years of your independence, NOT A SINGLE noticeable work of visual art, NOT A SINGLE musical piece, NOT A SINGLE movie, practically not a single literary work has been created ...
    Let me remind you once again: this “Canon” was not composed by the damned “occupiers”, but by your best art experts.
    And are you ready to continue shouting that the Russians “oppressed” you? Not ashamed?"
    Well what can I say ... No, they are not ashamed. They feel good! They, within the framework of the "fight" against coronavirus, have already spent 4.5 billion euros in two months and are not going to stop there, while at least something else can be sucked out of the EU bins. But Pushkin is hindering them. If not for him, then in general everything would be blessed and spiritually uplifting.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

1 Not allowed!

Unfortunatelly we don't have any Latvians here, but maybe some members will know. This case is really interesting

Hard to expect that nation that has been opressed by another countries so long would be able to create their own cultural achievement, but still they have very old reamined songs you can hear in song festival each 5 years so talking that they don't have their own culture also would be overestimated

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

Could it be that Latvians prefer Latin alphabets? Sound like a simple answer, but usually it is something apparent provoking people.

Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yurmala. Another example of "free" art.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

^Well, at least it isn't another huge monument made out of cement which is made in each city

Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pleksi View Post
    ^Well, at least it isn't another huge monument made out of cement which is made in each city
    I do not argue, the material is good, but the content.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    I do not argue, the material is good, but the content.
    You can also see this content in Prague or Brussels, so this content is not as controversive as you think

Ülev

1 Not allowed!

Latvians know it better, another proof of that thesis?
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...tern-Europeans

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    So, the meticulous Alekseev, having reviewed the entire list, found that 40% of the main cultural values of Latvians were created during the Soviet era, and another 28% in the dark times of Russian tsarism.
    Why is it so hard for Russians to understand that Balts simply does not want to be like you. Just let other people be what they want to be. It's not your land after all. This is not about few monuments here and there.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

2 Not allowed!

We have a Russian sculpture and will keep it, because Sovjet Union is part of our social memory. You can like it or hate it, but memories don't disappear and good so.

World peace (statue)
    A statue sculpted by Oleg Kirjuhin in Helsinki

World Peace is a bronze sculpture donated by the city of Moscow to the city of Helsinki, sculpted by sculptor Oleg Kirjuhin. It is located in Hakaniemenranta and was unveiled on January 14, 1990, two months after the fall of the Berlin Wall. In return, the City of Helsinki donated the sculpture Children of Peace by sculptor Antti Neuvonen to the city of Moscow.

The statue is 6.5 meters high. In it, people representing different continents support the earth with leaves with one hand. With their free hands, the figures of the statue have clenched their fists, allowing them to demonstrate for world peace.

World peace has sparked debate in Finland. In 2008, it was chosen as both the third ugliest and third most beloved statue in Helsinki in newspaper reader polls. [1] [2]

The statue will have to be moved due to the relocation of the Hakaniemi bridge and the construction of Hakaniemenranta. The design competition was decided in the spring of 2018, and the town plan was decided in early 2019. [3]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information