Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Hittite GEDmatch results (1750 BC)

Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 09:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic, Germanic, Indo-Aryan
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!

The scholar there suggests Hittite/Anatolian IE came recently from the East in the early 2nd millennium BCE and proposed to look into the Kura-Axaxes culture in the future.
    Some other interesting arguments is the lack of common origin for some basic words like grain, barley and possibly even milk. To me this suggests that a origin of Indo-Hittite south of the Caucasus or even in 5th millennium Iran to be dubious, which I believe a study I linked before vindicated in the genetic side.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-03-2020 @ 10:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Ethnicity
    Fleming
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 119

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpFork View Post

The scholar there suggests Hittite/Anatolian IE came recently from the East in the early 2nd millennium BCE and proposed to look into the Kura-Axaxes culture in the future.
    Some other interesting arguments is the lack of common origin for some basic words like grain, barley and possibly even milk. To me this suggests that a origin of Indo-Hittite south of the Caucasus or even in 5th millennium Iran to be dubious, which I believe a study I linked before vindicated in the genetic side.
    Hittite itself, just like Aryan/Kurdish, is a Western Asiatic IEan language. Hittite is derived from proto-Anatolian and evolved IN West Asia.

Proto-Anatolian is estmated to be much older than Yamnaya, and now think, tik tok.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Ethnicity
    Fleming
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hittie evolved from proto-Anatolia in, where.....? ANATOLIA! How suprising, isn't it?

Last Online
    05-23-2021 @ 01:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Sarakatsanos(Macedonia <- Thessaly <- Agrafa) + Northern Thrace
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Greekoid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 111

0 Not allowed!

My cautious guess is PIE is south of the steppes, Caucasus/even southern. When and how it moved north I don't know. It will be interesting (if true) to see what kind of genetic package accompanied the movement.
    Ζήτα και ότι ζητάς θα σου δοθεί
    Ψάξε και ότι ψάχνεις θα το βρεις
    Χτύπα την πόρτα κι αυτή θα σου ανοίξει

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Ethnicity
    Fleming
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If proto-Anatolian came from outside of West Asia, then some Anatolian languages would also be spoken outside Anatolia.

But we have got evidence that ALL Anatolian languages such as Luwian, Lydian and Hittie were all spoken inside Anatolia. That means that all those Anatolian languages derived from the proto-Anatolian in West-Asia.

That makes Hittite that evolved from proto-Anatolian a Western Asiatic language, just like Kurdish/Aryan.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Ethnicity
    Fleming
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post
    My cautious guess is PIE is south of the steppes, Caucasus/even southern. When and how it moved north I don't know. It will be interesting (if true) to see what kind of genetic package accompanied the movement.
    My educated guess would be ancient Sumerian/Shemshara farmers who moved up to north. Those ancient Sumerian farmers (Ubaid/Samarra period) from around 5500 BCE. Or people from Leyla-Tepe who were directly related to those Sumerian farmers

Last Online
    05-23-2021 @ 01:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Sarakatsanos(Macedonia <- Thessaly <- Agrafa) + Northern Thrace
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Greekoid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 111

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eline View Post
    My educated guess would be ancient Sumerian farmers who moved up to north. Those ancient Sumerian farmers (Ubaid/Samarra period) from around 5000 BCE. Or people from Leyla-Tepe who were directly related to those Sumerian farmers
    Sumerians as we know them can't be since they spoke a language isolate. I am open to the possibility that there were other groups that spoke different languages, one of them PIE.
    Ζήτα και ότι ζητάς θα σου δοθεί
    Ψάξε και ότι ψάχνεις θα το βρεις
    Χτύπα την πόρτα κι αυτή θα σου ανοίξει

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Belgian
    Ethnicity
    Fleming
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post
    Sumerians as we know them can't be since they spoke a language isolate. I am open to the possibility that there were other groups that spoke different languages, one of them PIE.
    I'm talking about the unknown Sumerian language of 7000 years ago. Sumerians spoke a language older than PIEan. At the time of the Sumeirans PIEan didn't exist.

Sumerian they found was very late Sumerian. And it was a 'language isolate'. 'Language isolate' means only that this language 'has not been demonstrated to descend from an ancestor common with any other language'.

It is actually an 'unclassified language'. We don't know what langauge that is. They only found very young Sumerian cuneiform clay tablets of 2500 BCE. And even that language is an 'unclassified language', since it was only written in hieroglyphs.

I'm talking about the Sumerians from 6000-5500 BCE and not of those from around 2500 BCE of the clay tablets. There is a gap between those two different types of the Sumerians of 3000 years! Totally different people/Sumerians.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mejgusu View Post
    Looks like that Hittites were genitically the same like cypriots/levantines with visible caucasian influence. Non Indoeuropean influence. Even modern Turks are more „european“
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudayar View Post
    And I'd not call Hittites being same as Cypriots. It's the other way around most likely. Cypriots are most likely hellenized Hittites.
    The Bronze Age Hittites of 1750 BC were different to Assyrian Hittites

The Hittites of 1750 BC were Eteo-cretans - Hettaioi from Crete, who had arrived to Crete thousands of years before and also populated Anatolia. They formed part of the population of mainland Greece before the arrival of the Hellenes in 2200
BC.

They also used the crypto-Minoan script for four centuries. The so-called Ioudai of the bible also originated
 from the Eteo-Cretans.

Before the arrival of Hellenes a common language was spoken throughout Greece, the Balkans and Anatolia, which was similar to proto-Greek. We can call that language Greco-Hettite. It contributed around 70% to Indo-European. The Hellenes like the Italo-Celts and Illyrians were of the R1 lineage and we know from the Basques that lineage spoke a non-IE language.

After 2200 BC the Hellenes are mixed with the indigenous lineages J2, and E-v13, and classical Hellenes are of 3 different lineages.

At around the time the sample is from the Hittites are ruled by Greek kings. All the Tudhaliyas kings of the Hittites were of Greek origin. The last Hittite king of Greek origin was Priam known to the Hittites as Zeus-Priamo(s) or Suppiluliama when he made himself their king in 1203 BC. Homer interchanged Priam with Zeus since Zeus was his epithet. Hittite records say that Priam reigned for 20 years.

Nearly 50 years before Priam, Deukalion the son of Minos made himself king of the Hittites under the name of Tudhaliya IV/Dionysus from 1252 to 1236 BC. Half the kings of the Hittite empire were either Greeks, Phrygians or Lydians. The bible calls the Hittites the Nations.

The Hittites fell under the influence of Assyrians. The Hittites who wrote in cuneiform soon lost their original
 Greco-Hittite language through through corruption by contact with the Assyrians and it became Hittite. From then on the the Hittites were known as Assyrians and were called Assyrians.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread Information