Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Germans look more like Irish or Poles?

Last Online
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Immanenz View Post
    Agreed. The high dolicephaly in Brits is derived by Atlantid and Keltic, while Germany will still have a lot of individuals of Troender, Hallstatt etc. but there is a strong of Subnordid and other Centraleuro phenos.
    Germans are a lot more CM, they don’t have more Nordids (Hallstatt/Keltic) than the English for example, as well Tronder/Anglo-Saxon phenotypes are much more common among the English. Among Germans is a stronger CM-influenced Nordid strain ( Dalofaelid), as well the Borreby which is more dominant and as you said a good frequency of Subnordid ( Nordid - Alpinid mix). Germans also as a whole tend towards brachycephaly but aren’t truly so.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,518
    Given: 8,746

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    I am not! I am just stating facts.
    Facts like Belgium is 60 % Keltic Nordid? lol

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Germans are a lot more CM, they don’t have more Nordids (Hallstatt/Keltic) than the English for example, as well Tronder/Anglo-Saxon phenotypes are much more common among the English. Among Germans is a stronger CM-influenced Nordid strain ( Dalofaelid), as well the Borreby which is more dominant and as you said a good frequency of Subnordid ( Nordid - Alpinid mix). Germans also as a whole tend towards brachycephaly but aren’t truly so.
    You ll still find more Hallstatt in Germany than in Britain. Keltic Nordid is an altered Nordid, going by your comments on the Keltic Nordid section, you count even Atlantids or Atlantid with a Keltic admix as pure KN which is not the case

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-28-2022 @ 08:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,225
    Given: 1,067

0 Not allowed!

You ll still find more Hallstatt in Germany than in Britain. Keltic Nordid is an altered Nordid, going by your comments on the Keltic Nordid section, you count even Atlantids or Atlantid with a Keltic admix as pure KN which is not the case
    I don't know about that. I haven't really seen a good Hallstatt example (or a Trønder one for that matter either) from outside of Scandinavia. There are Cordeds and KNs in Germany, but when I've been travelling around in the German-speaking countries and Benelux, I never saw a good HN example.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chociprasa View Post
    I don't know about that. I haven't really seen a good Hallstatt example (or a Trønder one for that matter either) from outside of Scandinavia. There are Cordeds and KNs in Germany, but when I've been travelling around in the German-speaking countries and Benelux, I never saw a good HN example.
    Louis Hoffmann and Bianca Kappler to name two Hallstatts. Obviously they differ and there is a difference between "looking Scando" and being metrically Hallstatt. if you are searching for Max von Sydow Doppelgangers you wont find many, true that (even though he is Corded).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No. You are the one showing bias now. Britain is still overall more Nordid race than Germany anthropologically. Eastern England has more Hallstatt Nordids than Germany. The German Borreby and Dalofaelid influences are say too strong. This was acknowledged by even more German-biased people than you, the Nazis. Coon, Gunther, Lundman also recognized that fact. Coon goes even further to say, I quote,
    «To summarize the data on the physical anthropology of Germany it seems necessary to stress the relative absence of conventional Nordics comparable to those found in eastern Norway, in Sweden, and in England. Such Nordics may be seen almost everywhere in Germany as individuals, but nowhere as a large element in the population.»

The Keltic Nordic is a special Nordid type which deviates from the classical Nordid type, but is not anywhere «less Nordid» than any other types. It’s origins are shared with the Hallstatt. It’s complexion is quite Nordid (pale white skin, often freckled).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No. You are the one showing bias now. Britain is still overall more Nordid race than Germany anthropologically. Eastern England has more Hallstatt Nordids than Germany. The German Borreby and Dalofaelid influences are say too strong. This was acknowledged by even more German-biased people than you, the Nazis. Coon, Gunther, Lundman also recognized that fact. Coon goes even further to say, I quote,
    «To summarize the data on the physical anthropology of Germany it seems necessary to stress the relative absence of conventional Nordics comparable to those found in eastern Norway, in Sweden, and in England. Such Nordics may be seen almost everywhere in Germany as individuals, but nowhere as a large element in the population.»

The Keltic Nordic is a special Nordid type which deviates from the classical Nordid type, but is not anywhere «less Nordid» than any other types. It’s origins are shared with the Hallstatt. It’s complexion is quite Nordid (pale white skin, often freckled).
    Its a Nordid altered by other influences (Baskid/Atlantid as the most likely)- its not Nordid proper. Also you classified Cobie Smulders as KN- i m not even sure if you know how they look like.
    The question whetever Atlantid is more Nordic than Faelid and Borreby is a high theoritical one, but the latter are Cm - Nordid mix, pretty common in other germanic countries, not too uncommon in Britain as well.

Btw i never claimed that Germany can be compared to Scandinavia regarding Nordid proper types, this would be nonsense
    Last edited by Immanenz; 05-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,605
    Given: 48,334

0 Not allowed!

Tough question but maybe

West Germans: Irish
    East Germans: Poles

It's a nice way of coming across with an answer, my kind of compromise.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Its a Nordid altered by other influences (Baskid/Atlantid as the most likely)- its not Nordid proper. Also you classified Cobie Smulders as KN- i m not even sure if you know how they look like.
    The question whetever Atlantid is more Nordic than Faelid and Borreby is a high theoritical one, but the latter are Cm - Nordid mix, pretty common in other germanic countries, not too uncommon in Britain as well.

Btw i never claimed that Germany can be compared to Scandinavia regarding Nordid proper types, this would be nonsense
    The Keltic Nordid ( Iron Age Nordid) is a special Nordid type, slightly altered by the Central European Dinarid ( from Bell Beaker cultures), but never to the same degree as the Norid. The Atlantid, maybe Baskid influences are minor not important.
    The Atlantid is an intermediate between the Iron Age Nordid and Atlanto - Mediterranid, while the North Atlantid is predominantly ( Iron Age Nordid). Thus the North Atlantid is more Nordid than the Dalofaelid which is CM - Nordid mix, the Borreby is mostly CM. In terms of facial features, body build, cephalic index, the North Atlantid is much closer to the Nordid Proper than the Dalofaelid. On the other hand the Dalofaelid is more similar in pigmentation as it is also a blonde type.
    Within the Nordid Proper is a small minority which is darker - haired, darker - eyed, not as pale - skinned which should not be disregarded.

Germany is definitely not Nordid in either the Hallstatt or Keltic varieties.

Last Online
    05-23-2021 @ 01:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Sarakatsanos(Macedonia <- Thessaly <- Agrafa) + Northern Thrace
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Greekoid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    Christian Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 111

0 Not allowed!

Germans have variety but if I had to choose is Poles.
    Ζήτα και ότι ζητάς θα σου δοθεί
    Ψάξε και ότι ψάχνεις θα το βρεις
    Χτύπα την πόρτα κι αυτή θα σου ανοίξει

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information